PDA

View Full Version : Echo PB755- the most powerful backpack blower?

tb8100
05-26-2008, 11:59 PM
I saw on Echo's website that the PB755 puts out over 1200CFM at the housing. At the tube, it's putting out less than the Husky/Redmax/Stihl/Shindaiwa competitive models. Has anyone ever tried different tubes on the 755 to get the volume up at the tube?

bigclawn
05-27-2008, 06:21 PM
which brand are you trying to sell??

Just Mow
05-27-2008, 07:08 PM
which brand are you trying to sell??

Why Echo of course:) The gutless wonder

metro36
05-27-2008, 07:48 PM
Nope I just use the factory tube. It moves enough air for my needs.

ed2hess
05-27-2008, 09:49 PM
Nope I just use the factory tube. It moves enough air for my needs.

That is the best statement I have seen on blowers........enough air for needs:clapping:

Lynden-Jeff
05-27-2008, 09:50 PM
Yep the 755's are plenty for me, no real need to mess around with other tubes. As much as people wanna blab about there 8001's, I can get 2 755's for the price of one 8001 and parts same day compared to up to a week with redmin. The choice is clear in my area.

razor1
05-27-2008, 09:51 PM
I'm happy with the 755. :weightlifter:

grassman177
05-27-2008, 10:03 PM
when numbers are so close, you cant really tell a difference. the 755 is more blower than you need sometimes, and it is never not enough. you can blow river rock around, hell grass is nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Frog
05-28-2008, 01:00 AM
My PB-755 has enough power for me as well...
I may try to use a smaller tube for fun though...

Richard Martin
05-28-2008, 04:46 AM
The presumption on Echo's 1200 CFM tube volume for comparative purposes is that they measure air volume the same way that everybody else does. There is no testing standard across the industry so any speed or air volume numbers are pretty much useless.

Start it, put it on, hit the throttle and see of you like it. If you like it buy it. There's your standard.

bigclawn
05-28-2008, 11:27 AM
right on!!

Happy Frog
05-28-2008, 01:27 PM
The presumption on Echo's 1200 CFM tube volume for comparative purposes is that they measure air volume the same way that everybody else does. There is no testing standard across the industry so any speed or air volume numbers are pretty much useless.

Start it, put it on, hit the throttle and see of you like it. If you like it buy it. There's your standard.

I disagree on the first part of your post but the second part is on the money.
Why can't you compare CFM at the housing and at the tube for different brands?
CFM means Cubic Feet of air per minute. It shows the volume of air the unit can displace through the housing or the tube in one minute. There is no need for standard of mesurement as it is a standard by itself (CFM). It is as valid as a horsepower measurement.
However, this value is not very useful by itself as you need to know the speed at which the air will exit the tube as well.
Knowing the CFM and the speed gives you a good indication of the actual power of the unit (in the same way that knowing a bullet weight and its speed will give you the energy delivered by the bullet).
This will not, however, give you a reliable indication on the efficiency of the blower. The efficiency will greatly depend on the size and shape of the tube. The best efficiency will be with a tube capable of delivering the most air at the highest speed at the intended range.
For instance, many will tell you that the Redmax 8001 is more powerful than the Echo PB-755 while in fact, the Echo is the most powerful unit (at the housing).
The Redmax seems to have a more efficient "delivery system" (tubes) which will make it more efficient in actual use.
The best kept secret about all this is that depending on the job at hand, the most efficient blower will not be the same: it has to do with the "shape" of the air flow impacting the surface you are blowing, the amount of turbulence surrounding it and the type of media you are trying to move.
As a result, the second part of your post is most accurate: put the dang thing on your back and try it for what you have to do. :drinkup:

nobagger
05-28-2008, 01:32 PM
My Echo 755 does what I need it to and even the 4yr old PB651 is still going strong. One of my guys bought his own Sthil (whatever their big BP blower is) and it has a little more power and is a lot lighter but for me these do just fine.

Richard Martin
05-28-2008, 04:20 PM
I disagree on the first part of your post but the second part is on the money.
Why can't you compare CFM at the housing and at the tube for different brands?
CFM means Cubic Feet of air per minute. It shows the volume of air the unit can displace through the housing or the tube in one minute. There is no need for standard of mesurement as it is a standard by itself (CFM). It is as valid as a horsepower measurement.

By virtue of the fact that there are no standards for testing OPE blowers. Are all blowers tested at the same time, place and with the same equipment? Is Echo using a brand new blower or one that has already been broken in? Have they tweaked the engine by way of air/fuel adjustments or fuel/oil ratios? Or are they just out and out lying? Who knows, there are no standards. On top of that, who cares what the blower will blow without the tubes? I've never heard of anyone using one without the tubes.

BTW.. Horsepower measurements are not horsepower measurements. Take your car out and have it dynoed on a Mustang dyno (brand name) and then on a Dynojet dyno. You'll get 2 completely different sets of results.

Happy Frog
05-28-2008, 06:10 PM
By virtue of the fact that there are no standards for testing OPE blowers. Are all blowers tested at the same time, place and with the same equipment? Is Echo using a brand new blower or one that has already been broken in? Have they tweaked the engine by way of air/fuel adjustments or fuel/oil ratios? Or are they just out and out lying? Who knows, there are no standards. On top of that, who cares what the blower will blow without the tubes? I've never heard of anyone using one without the tubes.

BTW.. Horsepower measurements are not horsepower measurements. Take your car out and have it dynoed on a Mustang dyno (brand name) and then on a Dynojet dyno. You'll get 2 completely different sets of results.

But still... One horsepower is one horsepower and one CFM is on CFM Like one ft.lb is one ft.lb... :dizzy:

saw man
05-28-2008, 06:28 PM
But still... One horsepower is one horsepower and one CFM is on CFM Like one ft.lb is one ft.lb... :dizzy:

Wrong.

They have different ways to measure horsepower, even on small engines for a walkbehind! If you measure it a different way you get a different answer.

They SHOULD be the same BUT manufactures like to flub it a bit so you cant say those #'s are the same with every manufacture.

js.lawn
05-28-2008, 06:32 PM
love mine no problems

qwaller
05-28-2008, 07:13 PM
My Stihl 600 has 382 horsepower. What do yall think the Echo has?

metro36
05-28-2008, 07:45 PM
That is the best statement I have seen on blowers........enough air for needs:clapping:
You know I always feel like asking everyone who starts a "Which Blower is Biggest or Most Powerful" thread what they are expecting from these poor blowers. If you need that much air flow just buy a walkbehind blower.

mowzum
05-28-2008, 07:58 PM
755 does everything I need it to do & then some