PDA

View Full Version : The echo pb-403t

Big C
05-27-2008, 12:21 AM
Saw a Echo pb-403t on craigs list for $200(barely used)....how does this thing fair as a blower for small to medium parking lot clean-up jobs and how is it on leaf cleanups?

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
05-27-2008, 12:41 AM
For just getting grass off the sidewalk its great. But if you edge alot and have alot of dirt to cleanup, it will take forever. I used one for a year and a half and finally just got sick of it taking longer to blow off then to actually mow. Also it's not strong enough for leaf jobs.

MileHigh
05-27-2008, 12:46 AM
I have one...It sucks.

It does good enough for blowing off sidewalks and driveways, when its all dry grass, but when it's a little damp, it's a wimp. Does alright for leaf cleanups, it's just that i know that there is much more powerful blowers out there that I should have spent my money on.

I almost spent $400 on mine, so half of that doesn't sound like that bad of a deal. It'll do good on small dry stuff but slack on the bigger jobs.

Steve Swail
05-27-2008, 12:54 AM
Chad....I'm just a homeowner but have used the 403T you're talking about for the past 3 yrs at my home. It's fine for blowing clippings off the driveway & road areas but as far as leaf cleanup, forget it. I've got a couple of big oak trees & tried to use it a couple of falls ago to move the leaves & it was an exercise in futility. And if the leaves are are wet at all it's damn near impossible to blow them into a pile. Don't get me wrong, I haven't had a lick of trouble with this thing (no service at all in the time I've had it), it's easy to start, is easy on gas & has served part of my needs very well....But, at some point I will "upgrade" to something bigger for the leaves. I couldn't tell you not to buy it, but understand it's going to have limitations, especially if you want to do leaf cleanups with it. I've heard guys on here several times say that when it comes to backback blowers bigger is better. I would have to say I completely agree with that....

Steve