PDA

View Full Version : vacuum systems for ztr

MWS LAWN
12-23-2001, 01:00 AM
I have a JD F-620 front mount ztr. Just wanting to know if anyone as put a vacuum system on one? JD makes one just for this mower, runs about 1500.00. Wanting to know if there are any better deals out there. This is the price for a system with its own blower on it I think. 9.5 bussel cap.

LAWNGODFATHER
12-23-2001, 03:36 AM
Price is not the issue. Performance is.

www.lawnvac.com

Dump from the seat no other faster and easier way.

Other wise the vac you said could do just fine.

I do not have a JD lawn mower.

AltaLawnCare
12-23-2001, 07:04 AM
Mike, I bought a used Peco, which is the link LGF just gave, it's just a homeowner model(3.5 hp cloth bag), but it seems to do good. I think mine holds about that much, and it fills up pretty quick - even mulching the leaves first.
Here's another link..
Trac-Vac (http://www.trac-vac.com/)

Phillips carrys Trac-Vac plug aerators, so they could probably get the Trac Vac vacuums too. I also saw a Trac-Vac at Appomattox, beside the JD/Dixie Chopper dealer there, at a small engine shop.

I believe most people prefer one with it's own powr unit, as opposed to Exmark's 'ultra-vac'.

I know its not commercial quality, but C. Brown uses a trailer type he bought from Lowes. I thought about making mine for use with a trailer, but I don't want to lose the manuverability. ;)

Grass_Slayer
12-23-2001, 08:56 AM
thats my mower in the background!!!!

isnt it just so cuuuuuuuute:D

LeoS818
12-23-2001, 05:18 PM
We have one of the commercial peco catchers on one of our dixie xw2500s. Id say its bout the biggest piece of junk weve ever bought. The bottom of the box is slanted so the weight of the clippings push the door open. So we have put bungie cords on it to hold it closed. When you dump it it falls on the engine air intake. The arms holding the door closed have been bent up. I will never buy another.

LAWNGODFATHER
12-23-2001, 05:26 PM
LeoS818

I hade those problems also way back. You should contact Peco and try and get some upgrade kits. All of mine have been upgraded and they are much better now. They gave me most of them for free.

www.lawnvac.com

Also you can contact me and I can help solve some also.

MWS LAWN
12-23-2001, 08:31 PM
Thanks for the input. I really like the looks of the vacuums with the rubbermade trash cans. Wonder with a few minner adjustments like a mounting braket could the ztr vacuum be used on a walk behind? It would be cool if it could, one system for both mowers. By the way don't the 40 some gal. trash can hold more than the peco ztr model. What are some est. prices of the systems?

edward hedrick
12-23-2001, 09:45 PM
Ihad a JD 620 bought it and returned it to dealer didn't like it on side hills. I had vac system on it. the box was ok. The blower drive had about 5 or 6 idlers. The connection to the deck was
a poor fit. To drive everything I think 20 hp is low. JD advertised
a 25 but never put it in production. I bought a Scag Sthm which
is better for hillsides. I have a Tracvac 470 on a 52 lesco
with 44gal. I would like to get a vac for the scag would like 2
buckets .

LAWNGODFATHER
12-24-2001, 12:24 AM
This is a Peco on a Lazer. Cost $2000 has all the upgrades on it also. 12 bushle cap. 6hp Kohler /weight bar

http://www.lawngodfather.com/lazer%20w%20pico%20vac3.jpg

edward hedrick
12-24-2001, 10:25 PM
I like your Peco set up have seen it at Lesco for the Viper. Also
the box is over the engine instead of out back as on the ultra
vac , less wear on main mower. If I were to buy a mid mount it would have a Peco

gene gls
12-24-2001, 11:09 PM
MSW Lawn:

For get about the vac unit for the W/B. Its a wast of time and money. This has been talked about in the past.

Gene

LeoS818
12-24-2001, 11:16 PM
And the engine dies when your on any slope

LAWNGODFATHER
12-25-2001, 12:13 AM
LeoS818:

I have several solutions.

1) Blow it down the hill with a back pack

2) Over fill the oil just for that time period you are on the hill. When done with the hill drain it back out to normal level.

3) Disconnect the low oil senser for that time period you are on the hill. Reconnect when done with the hill.

All 3 work but I choose to bounce between 1 and 3.

Any other complaints LeoS818? I can solve them all. They are easy to fix.

If you noticed in the pic I posted, the side rods have been changed. They also have an up-grade kit for the door, so much better.

I had to pay for 1 up-grade kit for the back door. It was like $120 including S&H. Took maby 1 hour to put on. When you do, take the box off the mower and set it up side down, this will make it easy to put on.

By the time we get done fixing your Peco vac you wont trade it for any other.