PDA

View Full Version : Diesel Lazer

General Grounds
12-23-2001, 07:43 AM
:blob3: I recently demoed the 60" diesel lazer, wow what a machine, needless to say that after 3 days demoing i put a deposit on it for march. tons of power, fuel efffecint, GREAT cut, it ran circles around my dixie. i believe its worth the 12,995, i think many of you guys out there would agree after 10 min on this mower, i was blown away. it has a 31 hp diahatsu/briggs engine. check it out .Tony

MWS LAWN
12-23-2001, 09:02 PM
I looked on the exmark site, only saw a 27 hp. diesel, the 31 hp. was gas I think. Also Could someone let me know what a T-Bar is, after viewing some posts, looks to me it is something that is put on a gear drive to help the reverse?

AltaLawnCare
12-23-2001, 09:09 PM
Mike,
The T-Bar is the drive system on the Toro belt drives. It takes the place of the hand grips. Only Toros have it (that I know of), unless another type of Walk has been retrofitted.

My 52"Toro has it. Some people prefer it better, some don't - really depends on what you're used too.

BTW, my walk behind will not back up on it's own, I have to tug it.

MWS LAWN
12-23-2001, 09:16 PM
Thank you Billy. Ihave not done much researce on all this new stuff. Great place to find out whats out there. What are doule blades this guys are talking about on the graverly equip.?

MWS LAWN
12-23-2001, 09:18 PM
whoops, misspell double blades.

AltaLawnCare
12-23-2001, 09:22 PM
LOL :)

I've tried that Too! You stack two blades on top of each other in a "+". The deck has twice the suction, and cuts the clippings up twice as well. Bad thing is it will pull the mower hard, and stir up a lot of dust!

I tried Gators on top and standard JD low lifts on the bottom of the 345, and double standards on the Toro.
But went back to singles. Some of the old John Deere mulching kits were designed this way, and Dixie Chopper sells a special bracket to run them on their mowers.

MWS LAWN
12-23-2001, 09:25 PM
Sounds good until you may hit a rock. To me it would mess the bottoms of my spindles up. The gators work very well, I like them alot.

Evan528
12-23-2001, 10:59 PM
MWS, I think you thinking of one LS member (cant remember his name) who has posted about adding a t-bar Handle (from a Toro) to his scag. He has mentioned that with the t-bar controls his belt driven machine acually has a true reverse now instead of "reverse assist" wich isnt worth a dam.

MOW ED
12-24-2001, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by AltaLawnCare
Mike,
The T-Bar is the drive system on the Toro belt drives.

True but the T-bar is also used on the Toro Hydro. Toro has also began making the good old pistol grips too for the W'B's. Check out the site

www.toro.com

zmowing
12-24-2001, 03:55 PM
:blob2: do you only cut small lawns? A lot of wasted HP on a 60"

leaflawnandlimb
12-24-2001, 06:48 PM
I have the 31 hp gas 60" and love it , yes it is a bit over powered but i love having there if i need it.

General Grounds
12-24-2001, 06:59 PM
:blob3: we cut many arge prop. the 27 hp diesel would be great, with our maint. schd. it should last a while. T

little green guy
12-25-2001, 06:30 PM
I demoed a 72" desiel lazer back in like may or something, It was definitly a realy nice machine but i ended up buying a 60" 23/lc lazer instead it was about 4 grand cheaper and so far it's been a geat machine, no problems. I liked the desiel alot but I just couldn't justify it, it wasn't so much the extra money, but for a 60" deck it's noot realy nessesary, the dessiel is also alot heavier. It just didn't seem nessisary even though it was a great machine i decided to go with the lc gas. Good luck with the new mower though it's a great mower.

lee b
12-25-2001, 10:14 PM
Just my opinion, but I agree with the little green guy. If I spent that kinda extra money on a diesel, I would really want the 72" deck to maximise the return on investment, and to utilise the power of the diesel engine. You can never have too much power, but if a 23hp is ample for a 60", a 25hp is really good, wouldn't the 27LC gas or 26 EFI be all you would need, and much cheaper.