PDA

View Full Version : Ferris hydro walk problems

SweetGreens
05-27-2008, 05:24 PM
I bought a brand new Ferris 48" hydro walk in april. It always seems to leave grass uneven, and it doesnt stripe like the older ferris' i have used in the past. I have sharp blades, a clean deck, and the deck is even. I was just wondering if anyone has had the same problem with the newer ferris' or has any ideas of what to do. Is it something that i am doing? Anything would be of assistance. This is my first year on my own so i have alot to learn still. I am also putting a ferris striping kit on it, i dont know how much of a difference that might make but its worth a shot.

Thanks
Ben

John Gamba
05-27-2008, 05:31 PM
I bought a brand new Ferris 48" hydro walk in april. It always seems to leave grass uneven, and it doesnt stripe like the older ferris' i have used in the past. I have sharp blades, a clean deck, and the deck is even. I was just wondering if anyone has had the same problem with the newer ferris' or has any ideas of what to do. Is it something that i am doing? Anything would be of assistance. This is my first year on my own so i have alot to learn still. I am also putting a ferris striping kit on it, i dont know how much of a difference that might make but its worth a shot.

Thanks
Ben

Ben can you post a pic?

dura to the max
05-27-2008, 05:34 PM
check the tire pressure, deck pitch, and spindles.

Dashunde
05-27-2008, 09:30 PM
I would not get too excited about putting a stripe kit on it.
All of the Ferris' I see in the St.Louis area leave mad stripes, and I have not noticed a single one with a stripe kit.

Follow the others advice on pitch, tires, ect... but also make sure you dont have a blade spacer/washer in the wrong spot (above vs below the blades).

dura to the max
05-27-2008, 09:39 PM
do you by chance have a grass catcher that is weighing down he one side?

SweetGreens
05-27-2008, 09:53 PM
nope no grass catcher. Everyone elses ferris seems to stripe around here but not mine! all the blades and tire pressure are all good. Everything is brand new. I do 14 yards a week, 1 acreage and 1 commercial and the rest are just houses. If i mow the yard twice it seems to leave a good stripe. Its just for sum reason that mowing it once doesnt leaven an even cut and a unsatisfactory stripe.

John Gamba
05-28-2008, 05:51 AM
nope no grass catcher. Everyone elses ferris seems to stripe around here but not mine! all the blades and tire pressure are all good. Everything is brand new. I do 14 yards a week, 1 acreage and 1 commercial and the rest are just houses. If i mow the yard twice it seems to leave a good stripe. Its just for sum reason that mowing it once doesnt leaven an even cut and a unsatisfactory stripe.

Pics of the cut??