PDA

View Full Version : Exmark Hydros.

ATouchofGrass
05-27-2008, 06:24 PM
I am currently purchasing one 48" Turf Tracer and one 48" Viking. I was just wondering if i would be able to put on the stripeing kit that you can get for the Lazers. If anyone knows any info on that would be great or ill ask the dealer when i go and pick them up.

dura to the max
05-27-2008, 06:27 PM
im almost positive that they sell a striper for the mowers, if not buy the proslide xt, great sulky that stripes too.

John Gamba
05-27-2008, 06:29 PM
I am currently purchasing one 48" Turf Tracer and one 48" Viking. I was just wondering if i would be able to put on the stripeing kit that you can get for the Lazers. If anyone knows any info on that would be great or ill ask the dealer when i go and pick them up.

Turf tracer Yes,Viking No.This is if they still offer them.

ATouchofGrass
05-27-2008, 06:41 PM
Ok thanks guys, yea im pretty sure that the Lazer striper will fit because they are basically the same setup but walkbehind.

John Gamba
05-27-2008, 07:27 PM
Ok thanks guys, yea im pretty sure that the Lazer striper will fit because they are basically the same setup but walkbehind.

No its not.The roller on the Turf tracer Hp 48 fit "Between" the wheels with brackets you will need to add to the deck.A well worth option.

ATouchofGrass
05-27-2008, 09:00 PM
Im pretty sure that i saw the Lazer roller on a walkbehind when i looked at a mower on ebay.

John Gamba
05-27-2008, 09:25 PM
Im pretty sure that i saw the Lazer roller on a walkbehind when i looked at a mower on ebay.

Its a roller yes. its just mounted different.the lazer roller is full width. ive owned a number of both kinds.

DillonsLawnCare
05-27-2008, 09:31 PM
the turf tracer and turf tracer hp both have available striping kits.

http://exmark.com/turftracer_optional_accessories.htm

ATouchofGrass
05-27-2008, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the info guys!

Stripe This
05-27-2008, 11:40 PM
Listen to John, the man is a wealth of knowledge. How's it going buddy?

John Gamba
05-28-2008, 06:52 AM
Listen to John, the man is a wealth of knowledge. How's it going buddy?

Hows the new 52" UC doing??? Hows the family???

Stripe This
05-28-2008, 10:06 AM
The 52' UC is a back-up for right now....but I take her out once a week out of the shed to do my acre. The cut is great as always, I double cut and haven't been bagging. Family is great. What are you running these days? I was reading some posts and you were kicking around the idea of a Navi???

John Gamba
05-28-2008, 10:40 AM
The 52' UC is a back-up for right now....but I take her out once a week out of the shed to do my acre. The cut is great as always, I double cut and haven't been bagging. Family is great. What are you running these days? I was reading some posts and you were kicking around the idea of a Navi???

No on the Nav it has the "Wiggle" like the walkermowers do.I bought a scag walk behind and have regretted it ever since i cut with it.Its going to go back to the dealer friday to see what can be done about it. I still have the Meg-mo's for your 52 uc. you will need them for fall. the 52 uc has front deck blowout like crazy.

I'll send them out when i get a chance. Have you tried the Notched double high lifts in lush grass ????You will be amazed at the discharge.

Pm me your address. my other computer died and thats where i had your info.

Give your dad a big kiss from me:laugh:

Stripe This
05-28-2008, 11:08 PM
How do you go from the thought of riding (Navi) to walking (Scag)? We have a 36" Scag that gets through the gated areas, that's about all the use she gets.

Funny you mentioned lush grass...I have this one account, cut it personally for the first time this year. John, the growth is outrageous....it's being maintained at 4", the thickest areas need to be double cut and then bagged to make it look somewhat decent. I'll definitely send the contact info via PM. Send whatever you think will work.

We're also running a 56" Triton on the same property...any suggestions with the baffles? I think I read something about opening them up all the way to help with the discharge. Lemme know your thoughts. Will pass along the kiss to dad. Take care buddy.

ATouchofGrass
05-28-2008, 11:41 PM
take it to pms.

freshprince94
05-28-2008, 11:52 PM
Go to the eXmark forum, it's a wealth of knowledge. Oh wait THERE CLOSING IT!!!

Sorry, but they are closing the eXmark forum and I am pissed.

John Gamba
05-29-2008, 06:25 AM
take it to pms.

Be Quiet and learn something:laugh:

John Gamba
05-29-2008, 06:30 AM
How do you go from the thought of riding (Navi) to walking (Scag)? We have a 36" Scag that gets through the gated areas, that's about all the use she gets.

Funny you mentioned lush grass...I have this one account, cut it personally for the first time this year. John, the growth is outrageous....it's being maintained at 4", the thickest areas need to be double cut and then bagged to make it look somewhat decent. I'll definitely send the contact info via PM. Send whatever you think will work.

We're also running a 56" Triton on the same property...any suggestions with the baffles? I think I read something about opening them up all the way to help with the discharge. Lemme know your thoughts. Will pass along the kiss to dad. Take care buddy.

Use the Double Notched high lifts on the Ultracut's:cool2:.on that lawn. Who told you to get a Triton?? I know i didnt.Get a hold of Fred fugett at exmark on the triton.

i think its fred.fugett@exmark.com

Oh i love walk behinds and i'm only doing my props with it. next year another Turf Tracer.No more stupid ****.

Stripe This
05-29-2008, 09:00 AM
It came with the business we bought....so it wasn't something we spec'd out.

John Gamba
05-29-2008, 09:05 AM
It came with the business we bought....so it wasn't something we spec'd out.

Burn it,burn it now:laugh: Put Double Nocthed High lifts on the 60" UC and the 52" uc then go out and cut then get back to me.

Stripe This
05-29-2008, 10:13 AM
I'll check into it. Any specific double notch high lifts? J. Thomas will have them?

ATouchofGrass
05-29-2008, 11:32 AM
No seriously, this has nothing to do with what i asked. And clearly my question was asked.

sawman65
05-29-2008, 01:40 PM
and it was answerd was it not? i was gona chime in about some of the install problems with that striper but now? and john knows real well about that! dont ya john?!!

John Gamba
05-29-2008, 04:35 PM
No seriously, this has nothing to do with what i asked. And clearly my question was asked.

I was Kidding with you.You will need to remove the deck on the 48" walk behind to install the brackets.You will need some one to help you install the deck back on the mower.

If you install the roller on a 60" Turf tracer you will need to offset it to the left because the deck is offset to the left.

John Gamba
05-29-2008, 04:38 PM
and it was answerd was it not? i was gona chime in about some of the install problems with that striper but now? and john knows real well about that! dont ya john?!!

It easy on the rider and not hard on the walks.For what they get for them i would have them do it.

I'm talking about the rollers exmark sells. not anyone elses.

They do more then stripe. they are a great anti scalp roller.

John Gamba
05-29-2008, 04:41 PM
I'll check into it. Any specific double notch high lifts? J. Thomas will have them?

The ones that come with the mower:hammerhead: for five years i have told you this.The Meg-mos are super cool in the fall.

I like the Double Notched high lifts for the thick stuff:cool2: wait till you see the 52" UC discharge:cool2: its like a Roster tail:cool2::laugh:

John Gamba
05-29-2008, 04:46 PM
Cero

Heres the mower you bought from me when it had 10 hours on it(on left). Double Notched high lifts going threw 10 to 12"s of wet grass.See where the grass was hitting the lazer z emblem?

I think i had it at 4".

Stripe This
05-29-2008, 07:00 PM
The ones you had on the EPS when you sold it to us? Is those the ones you're referring to? If so, we love those and use that exclusively on our 60" UC.

Lemme know if those are the ones and we'll grab a set or two for the 52"s

Thanks buddy.

MileHigh
05-29-2008, 07:03 PM

I dunno if you are buying new or used..but if your buying new, forget about the viking and it's fixed deck that takes 4 minutes to change deck heights. The Turf Tracer is a all around better mower..my tracer cut way nicer than my viking...no doubt about it.

ATouchofGrass
05-29-2008, 07:38 PM
Well the turf tracer is brand new and the viking has about 400 hours and im getting a STEALL on so i couldnt pass it up!

John Gamba
05-29-2008, 08:29 PM
Well the turf tracer is brand new and the viking has about 400 hours and im getting a STEALL on so i couldnt pass it up!

Just use the Viking for your set Height areas. If you grind down (just enough) the spacers that set the caster height you can set the deck pitch better or it will cut better.Higher in the rear then in the front.

John Gamba
05-29-2008, 08:30 PM
The ones you had on the EPS when you sold it to us? Is those the ones you're referring to? If so, we love those and use that exclusively on our 60" UC.

Lemme know if those are the ones and we'll grab a set or two for the 52"s

Thanks buddy.

Post a pic. I'm getting old:laugh: But i think there the ones:waving:

ATouchofGrass
05-29-2008, 09:53 PM
Yea i basically just took the viking because of how cheap i got it for and so i can use it on the hilly areas. And so if either my Scag V-Pro or Scag Walkbehind breaks down ill have two extra Walkbehinds.

invistone53
05-29-2008, 10:41 PM
Burn it,burn it now:laugh: Put Double Nocthed High lifts on the 60" UC and the 52" uc then go out and cut then get back to me.

I don't want to hi-jack your thread, but I must ask John Gamba a question. I have an UC 60" and was wondering where I can find these blades that you talk about. If you have a link to a website I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

John Gamba
05-30-2008, 07:28 AM
I don't want to hi-jack your thread, but I must ask John Gamba a question. I have an UC 60" and was wondering where I can find these blades that you talk about. If you have a link to a website I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

From Exmark.It should of came with the "Notched high lifts". Or are you talking about the Meg-mo blades???

I'm going out for the day,so it will be later when i respond.