PDA

View Full Version : "I will Shoot you", sign

soloscaperman
05-27-2008, 07:19 PM
Can I leave a sign that says if you trespass past this point you will be shot. Or I will shoot your legs.

Just that there are times I leave the trailer on the side of the house with the equipment on it when I worked a long day and don't put it in the garage.

MJS
05-27-2008, 07:20 PM
That's a good way to deter theft, no doubt about it - would make any burglar think twice. :laugh:

Mowbizz
05-27-2008, 08:30 PM
What if the guy reading the sign (would be thief) just calls your bluff and hangs around to see if you will shoot or not...? Lurking around in the dark or just casing out your stuff will probably result in the thief finding out it's a bluff sign anyway...Better to have some motion lights that come on when equipment is approached as well as locking things up securely...might even attract attention to your stuff that otherwise would not??

Johnson LCO
05-27-2008, 09:18 PM
It might deter them...or encourage them to bring a gun. BTW I dont think you can defend your property with deadly force except in Texas.

MJS
05-27-2008, 10:29 PM
It might deter them...or encourage them to bring a gun. BTW I dont think you can defend your property with deadly force except in Texas.

Missouri too. . . legislation just passed last year, I think. If you feel that you or your property is seriously threatened, you can use a firearm for defense of that person or property.

hosejockey2002
05-27-2008, 10:39 PM
Can I leave a sign that says if you trespass past this point you will be shot. Or I will shoot your legs.

Sure you can. It would be stupid to, in this country you are free to be as stupid as you want. Here's the reasons it would be stupid.

1. You should never threaten to do something you won't do. If you don't intend to shoot a trespasser on sight then it does not make any sense to threaten them.

2. If you do plan to shoot a trespasser on sight you need to be prepared to deal with the consequences. For example, if you shoot and miss and they pull a piece and don't miss, then you are injured, disabled or dead. If you shoot them and they are unarmed, you need to understand that you will face criminal consequences. In civilized society, you can only use deadly force if you or others are directly threatened. Just entering your property doesn't make it a threat to your life. (your locked house is a different matter) If they do happen to be armed and up to no good and you waste them, then good for you, you've done the world a favor. Hopefully the proscecutor's office will see things your way, otherwise it's jail time.

Chilehead
05-27-2008, 10:48 PM
Sure you can. It would be stupid to, in this country you are free to be as stupid as you want. Here's the reasons it would be stupid.

1. You should never threaten to do something you won't do. If you don't intend to shoot a trespasser on sight then it does not make any sense to threaten them.

2. If you do plan to shoot a trespasser on sight you need to be prepared to deal with the consequences. For example, if you shoot and miss and they pull a piece and don't miss, then you are injured, disabled or dead. If you shoot them and they are unarmed, you need to understand that you will face criminal consequences. In civilized society, you can only use deadly force if you or others are directly threatened. Just entering your property doesn't make it a threat to your life. (your locked house is a different matter) If they do happen to be armed and up to no good and you waste them, then good for you, you've done the world a favor. Hopefully the proscecutor's office will see things your way, otherwise it's jail time.

I'll take your suggestions one step further--don't threaten, just act. Threatening someone only gives that person a means to prepare[for your threat to be executed]. It would be much more effective/efficient to just shoot a criminal in the act of committing a crime. I don't threaten anybody, I just act. No vengeful plot I ever committed can ever be traced back to me, and those that receive such punishment have no idea that I am the revenger of vengeance--they really think we're cool with each other.:cool2:

Happy Frog
05-28-2008, 12:56 AM
With a sign like that, good luck in court if you ever have to actually use deadly force... :hammerhead:

huskres
05-28-2008, 12:58 AM

There are tons of states that allow it. If yours doesnt say you thought the guy was reaching for a gun. Its what the cops do!

Johnson LCO
05-28-2008, 06:45 AM
Missouri too. . . legislation just passed last year, I think. If you feel that you or your property is seriously threatened, you can use a firearm for defense of that person or property.

Your lucky. Every state should pass that law as it would surely make a lot of people think twice before trying to steal. I would buy a shotgun tommorow if they passed that law in DE.

Yater
05-28-2008, 02:29 PM

I have a 9mm sig and a 12ga. defender that says my stuff stays where I put it.

Dean of Green
05-28-2008, 04:20 PM
I like the motion detector light idea. You could add a sign that says "Video Survelliance in Use".

David Thompson
05-28-2008, 07:26 PM
I use the motion sensor lights to but I took it a step farther. where the light bulb screws in I took one of the adaptors that let you use two bulbs in one socket , put a bulb in one and screwed in a out let adaptor in the other. ran the wire from the outlet adaptor to inside the house to a door bell right over my bed. It works well since the outlet adaptor is only powered when the light comes on.
David P.S.
This is Georgia we get to use deadly force if we feel our family or property is threatened.

k911lowe
05-28-2008, 07:30 PM
that only works with young kids.

luckydooley
05-28-2008, 09:52 PM
With a sign like that, good luck in court if you ever have to actually use deadly force... :hammerhead:

Your lucky. Every state should pass that law as it would surely make a lot of people think twice before trying to steal. I would buy a shotgun tommorow if they passed that law in DE.

Ditto! I agree.

JohnnyRoyale
05-28-2008, 10:16 PM
I was once told "you should buy a gun off the street, to put in the other guys hand once you whack him", ...or maybe i saw it in a movie/?!?:confused:

slone
05-28-2008, 10:19 PM
What If The Thief Can't Read?

fastpitcher
05-28-2008, 10:45 PM
check your state law. they are all different but in most states you must give the predator a chance to escape. one other thing to remember--if your gonna shoot the guy, make sure he dies. seems a little dirty, however, that leaves only one side of the story to be told, and no litigation. and don't forget you will never forget that moment--so even if the court says you were in the right, you better make damn sure you were right in your own mind because you still have to live with that. in my opinion, a lawn mower isn't worth that.

Lawn Enforcer
05-28-2008, 11:01 PM
Or what my uncle did last week, he caught a guy that broke into his garage at
2 am and the guy ran for the door but my uncle whacked the back of the guy's knee with a 2x4 and the guy hit the floor pretty fast. He just laid on the floor until the cops got there with my uncle standing above him with the 2x4, pretty freaking awesome.

Yater
05-28-2008, 11:23 PM
check your state law. they are all different but in most states you must give the predator a chance to escape..

Not here.

Texas penal code:

"A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect his property to the degree he reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, theft during the nighttime or criminal mischief during the nighttime, and he reasonably believes that the property cannot be protected by any other means."

"A person is justified in using deadly force against another to prevent the other who is fleeing after committing burglary, robbery, or theft during the nighttime, from escaping with the property and he reasonably believes that the property cannot be recovered by any other means; or, the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the property would expose him or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury. (Nighttime is defined as the period 30 minutes after sunset until 30 minutes before sunrise.)"

luckydooley
05-28-2008, 11:36 PM
Not here.

Texas penal code:

"A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect his property to the degree he reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, theft during the nighttime or criminal mischief during the nighttime, and he reasonably believes that the property cannot be protected by any other means."

"A person is justified in using deadly force against another to prevent the other who is fleeing after committing burglary, robbery, or theft during the nighttime, from escaping with the property and he reasonably believes that the property cannot be recovered by any other means; or, the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the property would expose him or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury. (Nighttime is defined as the period 30 minutes after sunset until 30 minutes before sunrise.)"

Thats awesome! Its confirmed I'm coming down to Texas. I always knew I wanted to live there.

SuperDuty335
05-28-2008, 11:55 PM
You should see the size of the roaches in Texas!

I've had a nice 1999 F250 and a four wheeler stolen. If I catch someone stealing something from me again they will probably ask me to shoot them before I'm done.

JohnnyRoyale
05-29-2008, 06:48 AM
Not here.

Texas penal code:

Whats the crime rate like in Texas? That penal code alone should keep most guys in line.

Chilehead
05-29-2008, 07:39 AM
Whats the crime rate like in Texas? That penal code alone should keep most guys in line.

Makes you wish you were an American, Canadian.:usflag:

slowleak1
05-29-2008, 03:25 PM
makes me wish i was a texan, although we have a similar law here in louisiana, except it covers property as in land, and crab traps (go fogure)

Happy Frog
05-29-2008, 10:19 PM
makes me wish i was a texan, although we have a similar law here in louisiana, except it covers property as in land, and crab traps (go fogure)

Gotta protect those crab traps from those thieves, Boudreau... :laugh:

Mowbizz
05-30-2008, 06:15 PM
Gotta protect those crab traps from those thieves, Boudreau... :laugh:

No it's more like: "GOTTA PROTEK DOSE CRAB TRAPS FROM DOSE TEEVES, BOUDREAU..."
:drinkup:

DiyDave
06-07-2008, 08:26 PM
Slone, you beat me to it. I prefer a bad reputation as a good shot, as the best deterrent to crime. I once went outside at about 2am cause I heard a noise, some POS crackhead had high centered his POS camero's rear bumper on a 800 lb landscape stone, as he backed into a flowerbed. Would sit there, spin his tires, get out, look, do it again. I had my coon gun with me, a Calico .22 rifle, with a 100 shot mag, laser sight, flashlight taper on the front, the works! Calmly walked down the driveway, once I had assessed the situation from a distance, Crackhead wasn't wearing his shirt, jumped out of the flowerbed, and I set the red dot between his nipples, and made sure it hit his eyes first, so he knew I was armed. He didn't know whether to s*** or go blind! I informed him that I was calling the police, not to approach closer. Cops had him towed out, I think he was a county councilman's son, and he didn't get charged with anything, but I heard later from a county cop that he had, indeed messed his pants!:cool2::cool2:

caterpillarcat
06-10-2008, 02:06 PM
there's this law enforcement catalog i use to get a long time ago that had tons of great signs like that to post up. the company was called "nic inc" or try "nic law enforcement" i think if you google that you should be able to find them if they're still around. they had a ton of "deadly force authorized" and "trespassers will be shot" signs lol i never ordered one but was always amused at looking at them.

kjslawn
06-10-2008, 08:37 PM
I want to put one on my yard that says I WILL SHOOT YOUR DOG IF IT KEEPS GOING IN MY YARD.

doubleedge
06-16-2008, 02:28 AM
I want to put one on my yard that says I WILL SHOOT YOUR DOG IF IT KEEPS GOING IN MY YARD.

Thats not nice.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
06-16-2008, 04:11 PM
A more civilized way to put this....

"Here lies the last dog that crapped in my yard."
(Point the sign toward the direction the perpetrating dog enters from. Put small mound of dirt in front of sign.)

KCfireman
06-16-2008, 04:23 PM
only problem people is that the burgalar could sue you for being hurt on your property or equipment. There was a contiversial case here in KS where a burgalar broke into a mans home in KC and the homeowner shot him in the leg. The robber ended up sue the man and one. The homeowners lawyer told the man that he should have finished off the burgalar. So think twice before you do something stupid.

GravelyNut
07-02-2008, 01:47 PM
only problem people is that the burgalar could sue you for being hurt on your property or equipment. There was a contiversial case here in KS where a burgalar broke into a mans home in KC and the homeowner shot him in the leg. The robber ended up sue the man and one. The homeowners lawyer told the man that he should have finished off the burgalar. So think twice before you do something stupid.

Dead men tell no tales. And Florida also has the right to shoot laws. Right after Hurricane Andrew, almost all buildings had signs saying looters will be shot. And the police didn't even care, just picked up the body and hauled them off.

Sign you don't want to run into in the woods: WARNING

Restricted Area

It is unlawful to enter this area without
permission of the Installation Commander.

Sec. 21, Internal Security Act of 1950; 50 U.S.C.797

While on this Installation all personnel and
the property under their control are subject
to search.

Use of deadly force authorized.

Green Team Landscaping
07-06-2008, 02:05 PM
change it to "if you tresspass this point i will shoot you, if you survive, i will shoot you again"courtesy of gta vice city

phlandscaping
07-06-2008, 02:14 PM

You can defend your life when trying to defend for your property you suddenly fear for your life!:hammerhead:

TPendagast
07-06-2008, 09:19 PM
No peice of equipment is worth a life, yours or theirs.

That being said. I have carried a pistol since 1990 (including 9 years of military service)

Comming from someone who has actually shot human beings, I would always choose to walk away than to fight.

Will I stop (or try to stop) someone from taking my gear? You bet.
But the pistol is not a deterrant it is an exit strategy.

Most theives are cowards, if thy werent cowards they would be hijackers or armed robbers. There mere presence of lights, cameras or the chance of getting caught send 80 percent of theives packing.

Professional theives wont eye your backpack blower, not enough profit.
So that just leaves stupid amateurs who are looking to make a quick buck, or more likely than not, competeting landscapers that need your equiment.

Lock it.

Trimmer trap a couple of cables, yea its apain, you're tired you dont feel like it, but its better than taking or risking life.

Having been in combat ill tell you NEVER broadcast your intentions, if you do the other guy will be ready. Because you told him.

Also there are 50 states and 50 different gun laws, so anything you have seen on this thread is all wrong for you unless it comes from a lawyer with a license to practice in your state who specializes in gun law.

just lock your stuff up... If you arent trained with guns (and if you were trained youd know your states gun laws) dont play with guns.

punt66
07-06-2008, 09:24 PM
Well its a good way to advertise your gun to be stolen.

topsites
07-13-2008, 12:01 AM
Forget all that "if you think you're man enough to pull the trigger" stuff...

Here's your problem with the sign:

That just might be construed as premeditated murder.
Just think, 20 to life.

Dead men tell no tales.

Doesn't mean they have to take your side of the story either.

A dead body is not something I would want around if I were holding the smoking gun.
Could turn into bad news fast, real bad.

tx-1
08-11-2008, 09:17 PM
I am glad I moved here to Texas....I lived in the north with all their liberal crap , like burglar and thieves have some sort of rights when they are stealing your sh(*^&t!!!!!!!!!!!! . You steal= you wrong. simple

TGM
08-11-2008, 10:16 PM
http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/campingsurvival_2015_58229229

:laugh:

nosparkplugs
08-12-2008, 10:12 PM
Take a handgun carry permit class or advanced level defense class. Of if you cannot carry or own a handgun, read a book on how to legally protect your property, and life.

A general rule of engagment deadly force is vaild, if the crimal is threating you or you feel threaten, and the criminal is within striking distance or lunging reach. You must attempt to engage the crimnal with verbal commands, then esculate the defense level as necessary, this happens quickly. In the end the crimal complies to less than lethal force, or shoot to kill, not wound. So if you property is next to your house, its dark? of course I would be on a higher level of alert/force to deal with the situation. In day light when you can get a good visuale and keep your distance to have time to protect yourself or property. I would take more time before using deadly force. Keep in mind these are "general" rules, and every situation is different. The best gun fight is the one you avoid. Do not hesitate to take a human life when necessary.

GravelyNut
08-13-2008, 10:12 PM
Forget all that "if you think you're man enough to pull the trigger" stuff...

Here's your problem with the sign:

That just might be construed as premeditated murder.
Just think, 20 to life.

Doesn't mean they have to take your side of the story either.

A dead body is not something I would want around if I were holding the smoking gun.
Could turn into bad news fast, real bad.
Down here a sign like that isn't unusual and is seen as a warning. Same as a : "Beware of the dog" sign. Another one is: " Don't worry about the dog. Worry about the owner with the gun."
And the dead men comment comes direct from the police. As long as the fatal shot is from the front and in your dwelling, most juries won't even go for a manslaughter charge if the person had a record. Shooting a drug dealer/bully in the back might get you the manslaughter charge because you fired the gun inside an occupied building. But that is a tough call. One I had to make too. Florida has gotten tired of the criminal influence and might be only second to Texas in the rights of people to protect themselves, relatives and neighbors and property from the crooks.

topsites
08-14-2008, 03:58 AM
What if the guy reading the sign (would be thief) just calls your bluff and hangs around to see if you will shoot or not...? Lurking around in the dark or just casing out your stuff will probably result in the thief finding out it's a bluff sign anyway...Better to have some motion lights that come on when equipment is approached as well as locking things up securely...might even attract attention to your stuff that otherwise would not??

I don't see the sign stopping anyone either, if anything
it might make it worse when someone takes it as a dare.

Mike's LawnCare Landscape
08-15-2008, 05:58 PM
I have seen signs saying
No Trespassing
If you feel that you need
to cross this field, feel free
You better make it across less then 56 sec.
It only takes me 59 sec to get my gun

HINT HINT I walked the long way around LOL

Blunt
08-17-2008, 08:06 PM
My favorite was in the movie disorganized crime ( trespassers will be violated survivors will be shot) Now do you really want to find out if their bluffing?

humble1
08-17-2008, 10:20 PM
Best sign I saw was Danger Killer Bees, we dont get killer bees up here.

punt66
08-18-2008, 08:14 AM
Best sign I saw was Danger Killer Bees, we dont get killer bees up here.

im sure he meant to say 47 states. No need to spin peoples words. As we age muti tasking, which he does 24 hours a day, can jumble your thoughts a bit. Of course he knows there are not 58 states.

Eakern & Dog
08-18-2008, 07:06 PM
Get one of the $20 battery operated driveway alarms. When I'm too tired to move the equipment inside the garage, I put the transmitter in or around the truck and leave the receiver next to my bed. They can be loud though when they go off. Sometimes wind and rain will set them off too but they do work as long as you keep the batteries up to date.

Eakern & Dog
08-18-2008, 07:20 PM
Be careful if you ever confront them..... Let me also tell you from my experience.......having had my whole rig jacked in front of my eyes while at a job site, you never know what you will do. I always fancied myself as someone who would be tough if I encountered a thief.... aka "Uma Thruman/Kill Bill ".........However, when it really happens ........it all becomes so surreal. I'm not sure that if I had a gun in my hand that the outcome would have been better.My regret that day is having left the truck door unlocked and the dog at home. They were professionals and had the ignition cover ripped off and the truck started in the few seconds it took for me to walk behind the house to get my hand tools. I'm a careful person and never even saw them hanging around which means they were hiding and watching. Don't forget that a lot of these thiefs are much better at this than you ! Your life is more important than your stuff even if it is your livelihood.

Dirt Digger2
08-19-2008, 09:03 PM
the moral of the story is if you shoot someone breaking into your house and they fall in the door way half in and half out, you make sure you drag them all the way in before you call police

lawnman_scott
08-28-2008, 12:36 AM
I would just lock it up instead of parking it on the side and wondering if I can shoot someone over it.

B_gerrits
08-29-2008, 11:06 PM
Or what my uncle did last week, he caught a guy that broke into his garage at
2 am and the guy ran for the door but my uncle whacked the back of the guy's knee with a 2x4 and the guy hit the floor pretty fast. He just laid on the floor until the cops got there with my uncle standing above him with the 2x4, pretty freaking awesome.

This guy gets my vote. I have lights on sensors and dogs that let me know if someone is on my property usually between the two they pass on by. I am not by any means against the right to bear arms but I got to say some of you guys are scary is it really that easy for you to take a human life?

punt66
08-30-2008, 12:51 PM
This guy gets my vote. I have lights on sensors and dogs that let me know if someone is on my property usually between the two they pass on by. I am not by any means against the right to bear arms but I got to say some of you guys are scary is it really that easy for you to take a human life?

Agreed, it must be the lack of maturity or something on this site. Its odd to see all those guys from the south saying they will shoot first and then go on to say they are christians and are pro life. :hammerhead:

DiyDave
08-30-2008, 07:32 PM
Agreed, it must be the lack of maturity or something on this site. Its odd to see all those guys from the south saying they will shoot first and then go on to say they are christians and are pro life. :hammerhead:
Not to say I wood shoot first, but definitely shoot in self defense. Bible says its OK to defend yourself. As to pro life, the innocent unborn children deserve to live, they never tried to kill me!:cool2::cool2:

punt66
08-30-2008, 08:23 PM
arnt all children innocent in the eyes of God? Doesnt God want us to forgive? Picking to live a life through the bible when convienient and not at other times is like going to church on sunday morning and robbing the 7/11 in the afternoon. If our country went all pro life we would have more abandoned and abused kids than we do now and when they get older you all will have another target i guess.

DiyDave
08-30-2008, 08:31 PM
Well, punt, you've had your say, I've had mine, I'll agree to disagree, and I'll pray for you, too!

punt66
08-30-2008, 08:38 PM
Well, punt, you've had your say, I've had mine, I'll agree to disagree, and I'll pray for you, too!

well thank you We can all use more prayer.

lawnman_scott
08-31-2008, 11:02 AM
With all the "I would shoot them" or whatever bla bla bla on here, how about this? It seemed to work out quite nice.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/2008/8/31/378079.html

DiyDave
08-31-2008, 11:53 AM
After the cops gave him a firehose shower! I'll bet they still called him Stinky!:cry::cry:

NSLC
09-08-2008, 01:50 PM
The law in just about every state is almost exactly the same when it comes to the application and reasoning behind deadly force. You cannot use deadly force unless you are being threatend with deadly force. If you shoot someone for being on your property or stealing from your truck or even being in your bedroom at night when you are asleep you will be going to jail for a very long time. (no weapons on the purp, no chance of wininng your case.)Murder 2 or manslaughter depending on the circumstances. I think texas is the only wackphuk state that has little discrimination for deadly force on property.

Remember the law will always defend the living over the material.

xxl
03-21-2009, 03:37 PM

Sweeeett glad to hear that

joshco84
03-24-2009, 05:17 PM
The law in just about every state is almost exactly the same when it comes to the application and reasoning behind deadly force. You cannot use deadly force unless you are being threatend with deadly force. If you shoot someone for being on your property or stealing from your truck or even being in your bedroom at night when you are asleep you will be going to jail for a very long time. (no weapons on the purp, no chance of wininng your case.)Murder 2 or manslaughter depending on the circumstances. I think texas is the only wackphuk state that has little discrimination for deadly force on property.

That is bull. Unauthorized entrance into a dwelling at night, with people at home is just asking to be shot.

The burglar had better hope he finds your house and not mine. No way someone is walking in and killing or so much as threatening my family or myself.

Besides the fact that there is probably no scarier sound than a twelve gauge going snick-snick when surprising somebody. I own many firearms, and am around guns a lot, firing hundreds of rounds a year. And i can not think of a worse sound to hear.

4.3mudder
03-24-2009, 05:29 PM

True, you can shoot on site any trespassers.

THEGOLDPRO
03-24-2009, 05:43 PM
http://www.ratemyeverything.net/image/149/0/Trespassers_will_be_shot.ashx

Duffster
03-24-2009, 05:49 PM
http://www.ratemyeverything.net/image/149/0/Trespassers_will_be_shot.ashx

LOL :drinkup:

Seriously if I wake up to find an intruder in my bedroom that person is a dead man

punt66
03-24-2009, 06:57 PM
LOL :drinkup:

Seriously if I wake up to find an intruder in my bedroom that person is a dead man
oh? Dont you think he would have the jump on you already while he is watching you sleep?

Happy Frog
03-25-2009, 02:30 AM

In most states, you can use deadly force to protect yourself or your family against a perceived threat of death or serious injury.
If I wake up to find a stranger standing in the dark in my bedroom, it could take a long time to clean up the mess and for my ears to stop ringing...

Pierre
04-26-2009, 11:00 AM
No peice of equipment is worth a life, yours or theirs.

That being said. I have carried a pistol since 1990 (including 9 years of military service)

Comming from someone who has actually shot human beings, I would always choose to walk away than to fight.

Will I stop (or try to stop) someone from taking my gear? You bet.
But the pistol is not a deterrant it is an exit strategy.

Most theives are cowards, if thy werent cowards they would be hijackers or armed robbers. There mere presence of lights, cameras or the chance of getting caught send 80 percent of theives packing.

Professional theives wont eye your backpack blower, not enough profit.
So that just leaves stupid amateurs who are looking to make a quick buck, or more likely than not, competeting landscapers that need your equiment.

Lock it.

Trimmer trap a couple of cables, yea its apain, you're tired you dont feel like it, but its better than taking or risking life.

Having been in combat ill tell you NEVER broadcast your intentions, if you do the other guy will be ready. Because you told him.

Also there are 50 states and 50 different gun laws, so anything you have seen on this thread is all wrong for you unless it comes from a lawyer with a license to practice in your state who specializes in gun law.

just lock your stuff up... If you arent trained with guns (and if you were trained youd know your states gun laws) dont play with guns.

That is some of the best advice you'll get here. I'm a certified Self Defense Instructor, conducting classes and certifying graduates to obtain carry permits. One of the mandatory books my students must read is Ayoob's "In the Gravest Extreme". There are two types of trials after a citizen shooting, righteous or not.
Criminal and civil. State laws pertain primarily to criminal lawsuits, but civil suits are an entirely different worlds, rife with sleazy attorneys who know all of the angles that can lead an honest citizen defending his property directly to a long term in jail. Keep in mind that defending your home, wife, kids and yourself from personal harm is far removed from defending "property" in a civil suit.
That aspect is a gray area in which expensive attorneys love to play.
Their basic precept is that no human life is worth an inanimate object. You'll be hard pressed to convince a jury otherwise.
Call your County Attorney's office. They should assign you an appointment with a deputy attorney who can actually help when police won't.
Good luck, and stay low.

Pierre

Pierre
05-02-2009, 01:02 PM
But....... If you really do want a sign....... I developed one for you.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v87/zfk3155/WarningSign.jpg

Pierre

EagleLandscape
05-03-2009, 10:40 AM
I wouldn't listen to any of us on here. Consult your lawyer.

ED'S LAWNCARE
05-03-2009, 07:12 PM

SC trespassers will be shot here

DavidS1964
05-03-2009, 08:11 PM
We just had a young fellow that I new who was just shot dead. He was inside someones car in broad day light. The girl saw him in her car and yelled to her freind who was inside the house.He ran out with a hand gun and shot him six times. He is now charged with second degree murder pending his trial. The victim was unarmed though news report said he had a ski mask on. I new this young man and it's belive he was trying to retreive items from his x-girl freinds car. This was really a said situation. I attended his funeral last friday. He was in college with a 4.0 grade avg.

Happy Frog
05-06-2009, 04:41 PM
We just had a young fellow that I new who was just shot dead. He was inside someones car in broad day light. The girl saw him in her car and yelled to her freind who was inside the house.He ran out with a hand gun and shot him six times. He is now charged with second degree murder pending his trial. The victim was unarmed though news report said he had a ski mask on. I new this young man and it's belive he was trying to retreive items from his x-girl freinds car. This was really a said situation. I attended his funeral last friday. He was in college with a 4.0 grade avg.

That is sad.

IntegrityGuy
05-06-2009, 08:40 PM
Dont make the sign serious, Just let it be informative yet with a light harded attitiude.

Something like this: If violators or trespassers ever wish to walk again I would recommend turning around and running away before your legs will be amputated by use of an 12 gauge Buck shot.

Duffster
05-06-2009, 08:44 PM

That is sad.

Very sad

But

It isn't to smart to rob someone in a ski mask

DeepGreenLawn
05-06-2009, 09:29 PM

Just that there are times I leave the trailer on the side of the house with the equipment on it when I worked a long day and don't put it in the garage.

If you shoot, shoot to kill, then drag the body inside.

My grandfather told me this, unsure why you drag them inside but he was retired military and knew what he was talking about.

You shoot them in the leg then they will just sue you... shoot to kill...

GravelyNut
05-07-2009, 09:28 PM
If you shoot, shoot to kill, then drag the body inside.

My grandfather told me this, unsure why you drag them inside but he was retired military and knew what he was talking about.

You shoot them in the leg then they will just sue you... shoot to kill...
Because inside your house, you have more rights in how you defend yourself. And this also was taught in college Law Enforcement classes in the 70s.

beaver
05-08-2009, 10:55 AM
Because inside your house, you have more rights in how you defend yourself. And this also was taught in college Law Enforcement classes in the 70s.

This is called the "Castle Doctrine" Be aware it may not be applied in all states as each state differs in self defense justification.

It's still taught in LE classes today.

Consult your lawyer.

ARKANSAS OPE
05-14-2009, 07:00 AM
My personal most desired method of theft deterent is a stick of dynamite under the drivers seat.....

Loooogie
05-16-2009, 07:59 PM

That sign will have the crooks on your stuff like flies on dog ****.

old oak lawn
05-17-2009, 09:40 PM
I can say i have had a sign at the front of my drive way that said-- ANYONE CAUGHT TRESPASSING WILL BE SHOT ON SIGHT. It was at a house we used to own about 5 years ago, at front of drive way on the gate post. [a gate we closed and locked when we left] Reason was we lived way out on the back roads, people would dump trash on the sides of the road,shoot deer from the road, go 4 Wheeling through people's corn field's just what ever they wanted to do. The sigh was TRUE. I once opened up on a guy one night with my AR15 dumping trash on my property, good for bought of us the trees around him caught the bullets. :laugh:

Loooogie
05-17-2009, 10:03 PM
You are going to kill sombody for dumping trash? I am not saying dumping is ok but I think killing somebody is not the answer. Scaring them is fine.

punt66
05-18-2009, 05:44 AM
You are going to kill sombody for dumping trash? I am not saying dumping is ok but I think killing somebody is not the answer. Scaring them is fine.

yea, people are nuts.

old oak lawn
05-18-2009, 08:21 AM

People had been dumping trash on my property for 10 years at that house- WEEKLY- sometimes you get pushed over the edge. That knight it was me.

Loooogie
05-21-2009, 08:12 PM
I can see how that can drive a person over the edge... and always remeber you have to look out for your self, killing one of these people is bad news for you..

old oak lawn
05-21-2009, 08:44 PM
No problem here, sold that house 7 years ago and upgraded to a bigger one in a different area.

Wizz
06-01-2009, 05:07 PM

One has nothing to do with the other, people simply should not steal...end of story. If you're willing to tresspass and steal someone's property then realize you may get shot/killed over it 'if' that state allows it.

I grew up in Texas and now live in Florida...both states allow you to use deadly force to protect your property. I feel sorry for the low-life that tresspasses and attempts to steal from our family. I have a Concealed Carry Permit and train with my sidearm regulary...and no one can ever tell that I'm carrying, even the most seasoned criminals can't tell...I'll always have the drop. I hate theives...not much worse than stealing someone elses hard earned property.

MowHouston
06-09-2009, 01:47 AM
rofl, you bunch of rednecks.

You can't just put a sign up and say "You will be shot for trespassing". No... Not even here in Texas.

Most of the time the law is that you have a right to shoot for trespassing when you or someone else is in imminent physical danger.

My god... Like it would make any ******* sense to shoot someone for dumping crap, or coming onto your property. That is civil stuff that you can call the police to file a report for.

You turds talking all that crap aren't any better than the people you are theoretically whining about in the first place.

Read up on your laws before you do something stupid. They may have changed since the 1800's...

old oak lawn
06-09-2009, 09:18 PM
First off sir i did put he sign up like it or not. I never thought putting the sign up gave me any wright to shoot someone, it was at the end of my driveway going to my house. It made a TRUE statement of what was to happen if you were on my property. I don't play or joke around. This life is not funny, it is full of hard work and pain and in the life you find some people you do not fu=k with. THAT WOULD BE ME.

punt66
06-10-2009, 12:01 PM
One has nothing to do with the other, people simply should not steal...end of story. If you're willing to tresspass and steal someone's property then realize you may get shot/killed over it 'if' that state allows it.

I grew up in Texas and now live in Florida...both states allow you to use deadly force to protect your property. I feel sorry for the low-life that tresspasses and attempts to steal from our family. I have a Concealed Carry Permit and train with my sidearm regulary...and no one can ever tell that I'm carrying, even the most seasoned criminals can't tell...I'll always have the drop. I hate theives...not much worse than stealing someone elses hard earned property.

If it was your kid who broke into a house and was shot then who cares right? If it was a drunk who walked into what he thought was his house then who cares right? If it was a cop who walked into the wrong property then who cares right? Because your a tough man. Things are not more important then life. Grow up people. YOU will be the one getting it up the rear in prison and you wont be feeling so tough then.

MowHouston
06-11-2009, 10:36 PM
If it was your kid who broke into a house and was shot then who cares right? If it was a drunk who walked into what he thought was his house then who cares right? If it was a cop who walked into the wrong property then who cares right? Because your a tough man. Things are not more important then life. Grow up people. YOU will be the one getting it up the rear in prison and you wont be feeling so tough then.

Ditto dude.

Put this sign up to scare them off if you want, but I hope you weigh your options. You either worked your ass off to have stuff stolen, stuff you can replace, or you work your ass off to shoot someone illegally and go to prison for it and waste years of your life. As long as you make a point I guess... :laugh: :hammerhead:

old oak lawn
06-11-2009, 11:03 PM
Ditto dude.

Put this sign up to scare them off if you want, but I hope you weigh your options. You either worked your ass off to have stuff stolen, stuff you can replace, or you work your ass off to shoot someone illegally and go to prison for it and waste years of your life. As long as you make a point I guess... :laugh: :hammerhead:

:cry::cry::cry::cry: KISS MY ASS.:waving: