PDA

View Full Version : Whats with Edging as a Weekly service?

4 seasons lawn&land
05-27-2008, 08:07 PM
Ok so i hear alot of "mow, trim, blow, edge" as weekly service. How do you guys need to edge every week? Am i understanding this right? Around here edging means defining the edge of gardens. Maybe some of you call trimming, edging?

CFB
05-27-2008, 08:10 PM
talking about edging the driveways/walks etc...usually with a stick edger for me but sometimes I'll use a trimmer turned sideways

Lazer_Z
05-27-2008, 08:12 PM
Ok so i hear alot of "mow, trim, blow, edge" as weekly service. How do you guys need to edge every week? Am i understanding this right? Around here edging means defining the edge of gardens. Maybe some of you call trimming, edging?Edging to me means defining the edge between the lawn and sidewalk, lawn and curb area. What you are describing is considered bed edging to me. I do touch up the bed edges with my trimmer on a property I just picked up when I do the weekly cut.

KJones beat me to it, but it's the same idea.

Lehighlawnpros
05-27-2008, 08:27 PM
It depends on the type of grass also.

Here in SW Florida we mow mostly St. Augustine,
which when well cultivated sends out very thick "runners"
to the extent that the hard surfaces/borders and the beds definitely need edged weekly, preferably with a bladed edger.

It's a standard part of our service and we edge every time we mow, year-round (avg. 36 mowings per year here).

I'm sure that different grasses/climates may require
different methods.

Bob
Lehighlawnpros

LB1234
05-27-2008, 08:38 PM
for me, there is line trimming and then there is edging. Edging is edging the lawn between curbs and sidewalks. Its an extra cost. Those blades on stick edgers get eatin up fast.

and I'll start....

You can't "edge" with a string trimmer flipped over. Period.

ed2hess
05-27-2008, 09:43 PM

It really isn't as hard as you indicate.......in less than one month every one of our workers learn how -

Lynden-Jeff
05-27-2008, 09:48 PM
for me, there is line trimming and then there is edging. Edging is edging the lawn between curbs and sidewalks. Its an extra cost. Those blades on stick edgers get eatin up fast.

and I'll start....

Not true at all.

KrayzKajun
05-27-2008, 09:48 PM
talking about edging the driveways/walks etc...usually with a stick edger for me but sometimes I'll use a trimmer turned sideways

bingo!!! nailed it!:clapping::clapping:

4 seasons lawn&land
05-27-2008, 09:50 PM
ive taken 2-4 inches of sod off of curbs with a weedwacker...

BanvilleLawnCare
05-27-2008, 09:57 PM

Obviously you would not use a trimmer to establish an overgrown edge, but to maintain an edge that is done on a weekly basis a trimmer does a better job imo. An edger does not make as clean a cut and chews up too much dirt.