PDA

View Full Version : how would you go about this?

lawnwizards
05-27-2008, 10:33 PM
if you were set to cut the day's schedule and your truck or mower or something broke down and you could not get to them for 2 days. what would you do?

BanvilleLawnCare
05-27-2008, 10:35 PM
Are you in this situation or is this like a what if kinda thing?

4 seasons lawn&land
05-27-2008, 10:37 PM
number 2...

lawnwizards
05-27-2008, 10:40 PM
Are you in this situation or is this like a what if kinda thing?

hypothetical question.

gorknoids
05-27-2008, 10:42 PM
If they absolutely, positively had to have the job done on a certain day, I would call them. However, we is peoples too, so if they have a real issue with not having the service performed on the agreed-upon day, give them 2 week's notice. I contracted Lyme Disease last year and had to re-arrange the schedules for about a month. Sympathy Factor notwithstanding, the client should be willing to accept that there are things out of our control which may effect their service. If they can't, find someone who will.
2 days is not a show-stopper.

BanvilleLawnCare
05-27-2008, 10:50 PM
Well, i'm not exactly sure what kind of business you are running, but I have been in this situation and I just call the customers whose grass would have been mowed on that given day, explain the situation, and they are almost always completely understanding. I am not running a huge business, so when I go out of town or something I do all of my lawns in the two or three days before I leave, and then again when I return.

Az Gardener
05-27-2008, 10:54 PM
Rent the vehicle/equipment needed to complete the schedule no more than a few hours late, no calls needed.

CLARK LAWN
05-27-2008, 10:55 PM
i dont have a set day for anyone so as long as they get cut before it gets out of control there has never been a problem.