PDA

View Full Version : How the season going

Lux Lawn
05-27-2008, 10:49 PM
How is the season going for everyone so far? Is it meeting you expectations so far? With the economy as it is a lot of people put spending on hold for a while.

jason9696
05-27-2008, 10:52 PM
I just finished invoicing for the month of May, and it looks good so far. As long as gas doesn't get too stupidly high (which it probably will) and it rains sometime in the near future, I should have a decent season.

BNR LAWN SERVICES
05-27-2008, 10:54 PM
Just sending out May invoices we will see how fast payments come in.

Lux Lawn
05-27-2008, 10:55 PM
I'm sure there will be some rain...as far as the gas goes well............

KrayzKajun
05-27-2008, 10:57 PM
Season is going pretty good. just did may Invoices. Still pickin up at least one new account a week!

1wezil
05-27-2008, 11:34 PM
??????????????????????????????

bohiaa
05-27-2008, 11:45 PM
Been having a few wanting to go to a every other week thing..... I just cant seem to make them understand it cost more.....than a weekly service

they want to double my work load and pay me 1/2 the price....

Lux Lawn
05-27-2008, 11:46 PM
??????????????????????????????

Was it that tough of a question for you?????????????

goulding.c
05-27-2008, 11:57 PM
to much RAIN!!!! We finally started a topsoil job today after 6 weeks of rain out and cutting wet grass sucks!!!

procut
05-27-2008, 11:58 PM
Not totally swamped, but definatly keeping busy.

How are you guys doing May invoicing when the month isn't over yet?

topsites
05-27-2008, 11:58 PM
It could be better but it's all right.

1wezil
05-27-2008, 11:59 PM
Was it that tough of a question for you?????????????
NO ! HOW THE YEAR IS GOING IS A BIG ?????????????????

billslawn89
05-28-2008, 12:01 AM
kinda slow here...had a little rain last week so that helped..settled all that dust!

STIHL GUY
05-28-2008, 12:05 AM
seasons good for me going to look at a 48'' WB tomorrow night hopefully it works out

TwistedSister
05-28-2008, 12:13 AM
It could be better but it's all right.

Same here :usflag:

Lawnut101
05-28-2008, 12:31 AM
So far, I've been pretty busy. I just need to get a routine down so that I can be better about doing all the paper work and phone calls. I that side of this job. I think I'm going to hire someone to do all the calling for me. I just don't like that part. Last thing I want to do when I get home from working outside in the sun all day is call 10 people back. Anyone else have my same problem? lol

ALarsh
05-28-2008, 12:49 AM
How did you guys just finish invoicing for may when there is still a week left?

Anyways gas is up which is taking away from the bottom line (slightly), but gross revenue is up and we are very busy working until dark each day. No huge spenders this year but maintenance is up nicely and a couple small/medium sized mulch jobs. I can't complain.

gorknoids
05-28-2008, 01:36 AM
We didn't have a winter here in VA. In fact, May was worse from a weather standpoint than February was, so it's been a very productive year thus far. Considering the hits other markets have taken, I am really, really happy with this season.
Then again, I don't employ illegal aliens.

swingset
05-28-2008, 01:51 AM
I'm busy this year, lots more business than I anticipated. The spring so far in Central Ohio has been perfect growing weather--been hard to keep up with the lawns so I'm busting my hump but that beats last year's drought.

I wish gas was cheaper, but other than that things are going well.

MileHigh
05-28-2008, 02:00 AM
So far I have picked up 36 new residential weekly mowing accounts, and 3 commercial accounts since the start of april. But still my route is way to far spread....need to tighten this bad boy up.

Lux Lawn
05-29-2008, 09:50 PM
So far I have picked up 36 new residential weekly mowing accounts, and 3 commercial accounts since the start of april. But still my route is way to far spread....need to tighten this bad boy up.

Sounds like you are having a good year so far.

Lehighlawnpros
05-30-2008, 05:36 PM
So far so good, we just do Lawn Service (Mow,Trim,Edge Cleanup) and we charge a monthly flat rate year-round
with no contract required.

This is our 15th year in business and customer retention this year has been near 100%.

Many of our customers have been with us the whole 15 years.

We're also gaining some new accounts, mostly by customer recommendation or people simply seeing the work that we do.

We are adding a 5% fuel and oil surcharge beginning in June to help us stay profitable, every customer that I've talked to has been completely understanding of this.

Weather has been extra dry here and we're just now
seeing some rain and starting to mow weekly.

I'd rather mow green grass than brown grass any day :-)

I consider myself blessed/fortunate to really enjoy my work and to be my own boss.

Keep up your good work, the hand of the diligent will prosper!

Bob
Lehighlawnpros