PDA

View Full Version : Yardshark Zero Turn Mowers

lambdin
05-27-2008, 11:22 PM
I've been on the fence for years about buying a Zero turn mower, the main reason I havent bought one yet is my yard 2+ acres is very hilly with lots of steep ditches and rises, most of the machines Ive looked at have a fairly high center of gravity, last year I demoed the scag tiger cub, hustler mini, and badboy pup, All great machines but I never felt completly safe on the steep parts, this last week I tryed the yardshark and I have to say its the lowest sitting mower ive ever seen! and the quickest too! it did fine on the steep banks only breaking loose when I really pushed it hard, another atribute I was really impressed by was the simplicity of the machine, Its built so that mantainence looks very easy, the cut was very good and the deck didnt load up at all, the machine also seems to be built very heavy, my neighbor who owns a cub tank was very impressed by the build quality and is now interested in buying one himself, the only thing I didnt like was the deck spindles are sealed, and the engine is not protected as well as others, If there is any yardshark owners here I would like to hear what they think about them, long term durabilty wise, thanks:usflag:

tb8100
05-27-2008, 11:54 PM
I dunno about dealer support on these. Look at the Wright mid mount Z. Super low COG like the Yard Shark, but a better dealer network and the company is viable. Also tops out at 13mph.

Green King
06-01-2008, 10:50 AM
Those Sharks are a nice well built rig! If I was doing mostly residental yards I would be looking hard at one! The one I demoed was pretty close to a country clipper charger on a hill which is impressive! Another thing is there deck cuts great! The only drawback to me is they are pricey!

tb8100
06-01-2008, 04:04 PM
I'm not sure about the Yard Shark, but the Wright has a very very low seat height, 26" with the Michigan suspension seat. Throw on a non-suspension seat and you have a really low riding mower that is built real well and is productive.

WREBELMACHINE
06-04-2008, 12:34 AM
Do a search on here there is some good info on the shark! I demoed one and if I had mostly residental style yards instead of big acerage I would probably own one!

Green King
03-07-2009, 03:45 PM
Price a 60" with a honda and I thought it was very competitive! at $6999!

alsam116
03-08-2009, 03:28 PM
the dealer i go to sells them and a mechanic had a ferris for personal but sold it to by a shark. If i had the money and the ned for another zero turn i would buy one ue to the hills around me.