PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki KRB750B vs Stihl BR600

tb8100
05-27-2008, 11:23 PM
Assuming dealer support and all other factors are equal, how do these machines compare in real world conditions? On paper, Kawasaki is ahead as the power-to-weight-ratio king at 20# dry, putting out the same volume as the BR600, which is 3# heavier (but much lighter than anything else in its class). Just curious, Kawasaki is really impressive with its line of handhelds. It's a shame the dealer network isn't like some of the other, bigger names.

tb8100
05-28-2008, 12:16 AM
bump for the late evening crowd...

beaver
10-30-2008, 03:08 PM
I just bought a KRB750B. It is'nt broken in yet, but I think it will be comparable to the BR600 and redmax eb7001. It has a smaller tube and seems to blow flower gardens and ground cover out better. The throttle lock actually locks it on full throttle. I'll let you know when I use them side by side when the kawi is broken in. The stihl is more comfortable.

Heres my other BP's

RM EB7000 (8 seasons) NO problems
RM EB7001 (2 seasons) No problems
Stihl BR600- Kind of a POS. Broken down twice (3 seasons) It has probably around 150 hours on it

KRB750B-2 hours, you can tell it is not built with the quality of the redmax, but I think it will be a good blower.

WH401
10-30-2008, 04:25 PM
I just bought a BR600 and have been very impressed by it. Blows like crazy with more power than any normal person would need. I think of it as "Tim "The Toolman" Taylor's" leaf blower.

karlgrooms
10-30-2008, 04:42 PM
Just upgraded to the BR 600 and it it very impressive....it has made moving leaves etc... fun. The 600 has saved me many hours over my old Husky(w/Kawasaki motor) which is about 6yrs old and is still in use, with zero maintenance. I can only hope the 600 holds up as well. Time will tell as I enjoy the shear power of the 600.

The dealer recomended Stihl Ultra oil and show me some examples why.

lawnboy dan
10-30-2008, 07:33 PM
the br600 is peerless-only the redmax 8000 is stronger

clay duncan
10-30-2008, 08:21 PM
the br600 is peerless-only the redmax 8000 is stronger

also heavier and louder.......

STIHL GUY
10-30-2008, 08:30 PM
STIHL makes great products. i dont have a 600 but people i know that do love them

MJR_63
10-30-2008, 10:00 PM
I have the BR600 and love it. Very comfortable and runs for hours with no problem. Tons of power! You will not be disappointed with it.

beaver
11-01-2008, 12:17 AM
As a BR600 owner, you won't be disapointed with it until it breaks. Yes it is strong and very comfortable, but my redmax blowers have 8 years on them and the Stihl can't even last 3. It is the last Stihl product I will buy. But at the same time, there are tons of people who love them, so your mileage may vary.

scagdude
11-01-2008, 02:51 AM
stihl br600 or redmax eb8001. don't go with the kawasaki.

nice-n'-strait
11-04-2008, 10:34 PM
just something to think about...i was impressed my the redmax cfm (943) numbers on their site.....but if you look at the onlie catolog, 943 is the reading w/o tubes. with tubes the cfm is only 685. the br 600 with tubes is 712cfm... so other than that misconseption why does everyone claim that the redmax 8000/1 is the most powerful blower on the market? becasue as far as i can tell its deffinently not

4.3mudder
11-04-2008, 10:56 PM
I don't have the 600 but i do have the 550's. Amazing Stihl product, Low emissions, quiet compared to others I have used. Lots of padding. The guys call it the hurricane! and the list goes on...

sweetz
11-04-2008, 11:25 PM
just something to think about...i was impressed my the redmax cfm (943) numbers on their site.....but if you look at the onlie catolog, 943 is the reading w/o tubes. with tubes the cfm is only 685. the br 600 with tubes is 712cfm... so other than that misconseption why does everyone claim that the redmax 8000/1 is the most powerful blower on the market? becasue as far as i can tell its deffinently not

Probably the same reason that one of the dealers in my area keeps trying to tell me that the BR600 is one of the heaviest blowers out there (she keeps telling me that it's almost 30lbs!!!!). Ummmmmm...Nooooo......:dizzy::hammerhead:

nice-n'-strait
11-05-2008, 12:23 AM
4.3mudder i have the 550 also. kicks major butt!

Prime Cuts
11-05-2008, 11:26 AM
I had the John Deere BP65 with the Kawasaki 64.7cc engine,I now have the br600 and br500 and the JD would not touch either one of the stihls in power comfort and quality of construction (the straps and switches are much nicer on the stihl) you will be much happier with the br600 over the Kawasaki

alantbike
11-11-2008, 07:30 PM
Just bought a BR600 thanks to the info picked up on this forum. It is light, comfortable and has tons more power than my echo; all this and its quiet too! My ques. at times it feels like its running out of fuel, starts bogging and then comes back to life. Ive run about a gallon of fuel, 89 octane with the hp synthetic oil through it . Is this just normal break in?? or should I take it back to the dealer... thanks

karlgrooms
11-11-2008, 08:27 PM
Just bought a BR600 thanks to the info picked up on this forum. It is light, comfortable and has tons more power than my echo; all this and its quiet too! My ques. at times it feels like its running out of fuel, starts bogging and then comes back to life. Ive run about a gallon of fuel, 89 octane with the hp synthetic oil through it . Is this just normal break in?? or should I take it back to the dealer... thanks

Mine does the same....It only seem to bog down on extended run times. Like yours it bogs down and pick right back up after a sec or two. I've notice that it seems that it only does it when I've run it down to 1/4 full. I was wondering if it might be a fuel pick up issue.

I also switched to Amsoil and can tell a difference. It seems to have more top end.

Prime Cuts
11-11-2008, 08:43 PM
Mine does the same thing when the tank is low I think that it is sitting a little sideways on your back and the gas is all running to one side leaving the pickup dry .....I just add more gas when it does this

WH401
11-11-2008, 09:09 PM

Mine did the same thing when it was new, but only on its first tank. The first tank through it was dealer mix which I believe was just Stihl HP mixed at 50:1. I know the 4 mixes only like the Ultra, but the dealer gave me 2 bottles of HP oil with it so that's probably what they mix up. The second tank and all subsequent later tanks, have been with Amsoil Saber & 89 mixed at 80:1. On the second tank it had this hiccup once and has never had it again. I noticed immediately, even after one tank, that it ran better on the Saber, but I had fully expected it too.

ed2hess
11-11-2008, 10:04 PM

You didn't spend enough time on forum.....this backpack has bunches of threads and many are not good. If you take it back get the BR420 it is a straight 2 stroke and a proven unit with practically no failures noted on lawn site. And you can use regular gas and regular 2 stroke oil.

beaver
11-12-2008, 03:31 PM
I've decided after running the kawi through 20 tanks, I like it better. It may not be as comfortable, but it is a regular 2 stroke that does not need 89+. It also seems comparable in power to my 600, and is more fuel efficient than my eb7001. It was also 100 bucks cheaper.

oh yeah, and the kawi runs, the 600 does not at the moment....

alantbike
11-12-2008, 06:38 PM
The reason i got the br600 because the fumes from the regular 2 stroke were beginning to make me nauseous. So far it seems much better in that respect. Time will tell.

ed2hess
11-12-2008, 11:25 PM
The reason i got the br600 because the fumes from the regular 2 stroke were beginning to make me nauseous. So far it seems much better in that respect. Time will tell.

In my mind that could be the very only reason to buy this 4-mix machine after following feedback on lawnsite. Good point ones health is important and these things are supposed to be better...wonder if that is true.

clswc
11-13-2008, 12:09 AM
I have BR600's and love em they have loads of power. I have converted almost all my stihl equip. to the new 4mix units and have had no problems at all.

karlgrooms
11-13-2008, 12:31 AM
I have BR600's and love em they have loads of power. I have converted almost all my stihl equip. to the new 4mix units and have had no problems at all.

How long have you been running them? I've had mine for six weeks. What a great blower. Now I know what I've been missing, it blows circles around my old blower. I've gain a whole lot of time by switching from my Husqvarna.

clswc
11-13-2008, 12:57 AM
How long have you been running them? I've had mine for six weeks. What a great blower. Now I know what I've been missing, it blows circles around my old blower. I've gain a whole lot of time by switching from my Husqvarna.

Since they came out, was one of the first in my area to start using them as with anything new nobody wanted to be the first, but loved the way they ran when I demoed one and have be replacing all old equipment with the 4mix.
I love Stihl equipment has served me well. The oldest 4mix unit I have is one of the original string trimmers about 3yrs I think, is a back up unit because of it's age but still runs great. I do use the new Ultra oil in them.:)

green monster
11-13-2008, 01:26 AM
If you want the most durable blower you can get that will run for years longer than Stihl, Kawasaki or any of the others, get an ECHO. The Stihl 4 Mix equipment is trouble. Stihl has had a lot of problems with them. The ECHO blowers have a 5 Year warranty.

thethirstymoose
12-17-2013, 11:21 AM
I know this is an old thread, but I need a little help from the KAWI blower owners. I have a krb750 I like it until a part breaks,,,hard to get parts for. Here's my dilemma I had to replace the primer bulb, just not sure where the fuel lines go back to. can someone send a pic or a description. the lines from the primer bulb to the carb is what I need, Yhanks

Valk
12-17-2013, 11:56 AM
Start a new thread in the Mechanic section.