PDA

View Full Version : Just Park A Truck In Front Of It ??????????

nylan8888
05-28-2008, 09:39 AM
2 years ago, came in on a friday night about 10pm from a big job, burned and beat. Backed the trailer up to the garage door like I had done many times before, not inside just up against the door to keep anyone from dropping the gate. Figured I would unload and put away sat morning, my trailer won't go in the garage because of the pipe rack. Wife got up at 5:00 to get ready for work. I woke up about 5:30am and made the coffee took the wife a cup and she said she heard some bumping a little earlier and looked out in the back yard but didn't see anything, she was planning to go out front and look after she got dressed. I don't usualy get up early on sat. but my son had been begging to go fishing so I figured I would get everything unloaded and put away early so we could run out to the lake while the wife was working. I went and opened the garage door. My truck was at the end of the driveway and the trailer was gone. We are an irrigation conpany and had just finished up a huge job, the trailer was loaded with everything we use, about $40,000 worth of equipment, tools and parts. Called police and they came out to file report. After checking the truck, they explained the meth heads have learned to crawl under the truck with a pry bar and pry on the transmission linkage cable and pop it out of gear to roll the truck out of the way. They say it can be done in less then 2 minutes. We have had about a dozen companies here in oklahoma city cleaned out the same way. They ended up finding my trailer completely stripped, just the frame and wheels left. The thief who stole it has 22 previous felonies for theft and was out on bail awaiting trial when he stole mine. He was also on parole after just finishing 5 years in prison for the same thing. If they had just violated his parole he wouldn't have been on the street. He has just been sentenced to 15 years, eligible for parole in 7.

We have built a shop and replaced most everything lost. Everything has locks, alarm and lojak. Insurance only paid about $15000 ( we hadn't increased our insurance since we started our company 3 years prior ). The biggest problem was the loss of income and customers while we were "rebuilding" ( we were down about a month ), and the loss of our sense of security. I have 5 families relying on me for their livelyhood. 2 years later I still wake up in the middle of the night and go out and check on my equipment, locks, alarm etc. My oldest son is 9 and he still asks me sometimes if the bad guys are going to come back and steal his toys or allowance. I haven't slept past 5:00am a single day since. When your sense of security, and family safety is gone, you can't get it back.

LOCK UP YOUR STUFF. A TRUCK IN FRONT OF A TRAILER WILL NOT STOP THEM!

And to you thieves, if you steal my TV, ok you got me, I'll be pissed off but I'll just buy another one. When you steal the tools I use to feed my children, if I catch you I won't hesitate to fire because in my opinion you are trying to kill my kids. FUKBNG BSDTDS!

greenbaylawns
05-28-2008, 10:05 AM
Freking no teeth crack smoking meth head! Sorry about your loss. Good luck on the rebuild

fastcat
05-28-2008, 11:02 AM
shoot now ask questions later.

KrayzKajun
05-28-2008, 11:28 AM
Shoot now! Shoot again! wait wht was i supposed to ask them?

k911lowe
05-28-2008, 11:37 AM
fire a warning shot into their bodies and then one in the air.i am a firm believer in dogs.the best security system money can buy.

bill8379
05-28-2008, 02:53 PM
Was there an alarm on the truck?

LawnSharks
05-28-2008, 06:23 PM
That sucks. A buddy of mine here in Charlotte had a similar experience but his was in broad daylight. These guys are becoming relentless in trying to wipe us out. I sure think twice about how and where we leave equipment now. We even have to lock up trimmers in high-end neighborhoods where we used to leave the keys in the truck and everything unlocked.
Starting over really sucks! Good luck,
Shark

nylan8888
05-28-2008, 07:00 PM
Was there an alarm on the truck?

Yea but the alarm was tied to the ignition. Didn't do me any good. I'm so tired of all the meth heads and crack heads it's not even funny anymore. You can't hardly find any descent workers because they are all on meth around here.

nylan8888
05-28-2008, 07:05 PM
Oh and for the record. It was directly under a security light, I guess it made it easier for them to see what they were doing.

I still have security lights up but now I have a $700.00 outdoor camera system wired to a DVR recorder. Any one comes or goes and I at least have them on video.

bill8379
05-28-2008, 09:20 PM
Yea but the alarm was tied to the ignition. Didn't do me any good. I'm so tired of all the meth heads and crack heads it's not even funny anymore. You can't hardly find any descent workers because they are all on meth around here.

Oh great, this is the very first time I left mowers on my trailer.:confused: I have an immobilizer now on the truck so they can't start it up. I got a dog that barks and it's just 20 feet away from my bedroom window. I chained the mowers in place to the trailer and I tie knots in the chains. Even I was making a lot of noise doing the chains because I have a Galvanized steel trailer with 2 foot walls and the noise seemed to be amplified. But I'm still nervous.

I need a good alarm as well as the immobilizer, an alarm that is motion sensitive.

I actually hired a guy from Labour Ready and he was telling me the same thing about all the crack out there. I found it hard to believe actually, I've never even seen crack.

Grasshog
05-30-2008, 09:45 PM
crawl under the truck with a pry bar and pry on the transmission linkage cable and pop it out of gear to roll the truck out of the way. They say it can be done in less then 2 minutes.... Holly crap. I never would of thought of that.

PerfectEarth
05-30-2008, 09:54 PM
That was the most depressing post (#1) I have ever read... God, I hate thieves.

Jason Pallas
06-01-2008, 02:37 AM
I agree - that was our security method too. Looks like chains around the axles from now on.

JDUtah
06-01-2008, 02:49 AM
What about hitch locks? Is that what they are called?

zemzabob
06-01-2008, 09:41 AM
Druggies everywhere what is this country coming to? Sorry about your livelihood being taken hope the rebuild is going ok good luck.

AI Inc
06-01-2008, 09:45 AM
fire a warning shot into their bodies and then one in the air.i am a firm believer in dogs.the best security system money can buy.

Sure is. Ive always had dogs , big ones, backed up by Mr sig sauer

DaughtryLC
06-01-2008, 09:51 AM
My security alarm has 42 teeth and goes buy the name Lexus! My Rottie

TPnTX
06-01-2008, 11:14 AM
we had a car pull up right in front of us, grabbed tools from the bed and pulled off. Crazy.

turfman120
02-18-2009, 08:22 PM
turning wheels all the way to one side and locking the parking brake makes it a little more work for the a holes and my dad always told me a lock keeps a honest man honest and if they want it bad enough they are going to get any way

GrassmasterB
02-20-2009, 05:26 PM
has anyone ever tried one of these http://www.etrailer.com/pc-WC~RA-25.htm? i just bought an enclosed trailer and i'll be keeping everything but the mowers in it overnight. i already have 2 locks on the tongue, and i think this might be a nice deterent.

nobagger
02-20-2009, 05:44 PM
I had a trimmer stolen off of my open trailer (at that time) and I was pissed and yes a weird feeling of security or lack of. I thought they would be back to finish the job the next night. Sure enough they were back, to their surprise I waited for hours in the dark and when I came out with 8 iron in hand swinging! the kid about sh!t a brick. I never saw some one pedal a bike so fast in my life. After that I used a very thick cable winding it through every piece of equipment on there. Never any problems after that. As the economy gets worse, I bet thefts will be on the rise.

4.3mudder
02-20-2009, 11:26 PM
We are having more problems with trailer thieving down here in Texas. Guy was telling me this, I just couldn't believe it. He was inside eating, had a fully loaded trailer, and some fricking guys in a pickup park next to his, and undo his trailer. Now, he has a lock on the tongue that goes on the ball, but just an ordinary pin that hold the reciever tube in. They yanked that pin out, rolled it to their truck put the pin in and shot, thats a bunch of BS. I hate people like that. Knock on wood, but I have never had anything stolen, and if i catch anyone, they are going to have a tire iron coming at em. Dang people, get a frickin job and make your own money, awwwww.

LouisianaLawnboy
02-21-2009, 03:31 PM
has anyone ever tried one of these http://www.etrailer.com/pc-WC~RA-25.htm? i just bought an enclosed trailer and i'll be keeping everything but the mowers in it overnight. i already have 2 locks on the tongue, and i think this might be a nice deterent.

Looks pretty good. The only thing is that everyone has a key like that.

derbydon
02-25-2009, 12:10 AM
This may be a stupid question, but how are they cutting the trailer locks? I thought you couldn't get bolt cutters on the security ones designed for trailers.

MileHigh
02-25-2009, 11:39 PM
This may be a stupid question, but how are they cutting the trailer locks? I thought you couldn't get bolt cutters on the security ones designed for trailers.

Yep, stupid question.:hammerhead:

Even if I knew the answer...why would I announce it on this forum?, so the punk thieves have another way of screwing up our lives?

Green Machine Mowing
03-15-2009, 07:36 PM
I had a trimmer stolen off of my open trailer (at that time) and I was pissed and yes a weird feeling of security or lack of. I thought they would be back to finish the job the next night. Sure enough they were back, to their surprise I waited for hours in the dark and when I came out with 8 iron in hand swinging! the kid about sh!t a brick. I never saw some one pedal a bike so fast in my life. After that I used a very thick cable winding it through every piece of equipment on there. Never any problems after that. As the economy gets worse, I bet thefts will be on the rise.

what happened?? did you make contact?? you shoulda waited till they grabbed something, which would be difficult to restrain yourself. then tackled them, and sat on them in a bad posison till the cops showed up. probly woulda found your trimmer in mommys and daddys house.

SC Irrigator
03-15-2009, 10:52 PM
we had our irrigation trailer stole about 2 years ago also