PDA

View Full Version : Replacing soaker hose with Techline CV

rjohns75
05-28-2008, 03:17 PM
Our landscaper installed 500' of soaker hose (AquaPor?) in our planting beds 5 years ago and I'm considering replacing it due to uneven watering. I am considering using two different flow rates of Netifim Techline CV by running the lower flow rate near the shrubs/trees and the higher flow rate near the annuals/perennials.

Has anyone used this combination before?
Can you easily bend Techline around flower and trees? I'm asking because most of the illustrations I've seen show slightly straight runs connected to tees in a header pipe.

Robert

Mike Leary
05-28-2008, 03:30 PM
Has anyone used this combination before?
Can you easily bend Techline around flower and trees?

Netafim is a great product, I use the 9gph 12" spacing on everything.
You can bend the Netafim to a 9" circle. Drip is not a save-all, but
properly laid out & hooked into a filter, valve & timer will work fine in
most conditions.

rjohns75
05-29-2008, 03:05 PM
Thanks Mike,

I picked up the hose today. It seems my biggest problem is going to be identifying the correct connectors. The original system consisted of 1" poly feeder lines reduced to 1/2" to connect to the soaker hose. The Techline CV is 17mm so i'm going to have to mix a lot reducers/splitters to get this installed.

Robert

Mike Leary
05-29-2008, 03:43 PM
Thanks Mike,

I picked up the hose today. It seems my biggest problem is going to be identifying the correct connectors. The original system consisted of 1" poly feeder lines reduced to 1/2" to connect to the soaker hose. The Techline CV is 17mm so i'm going to have to mix a lot reducers/splitters to get this installed.

Robert

Use only Netafim barbed fittings, yes, you will have to bush up to 3/4"
female iron pipe size for the Netafim connectors, 17mm is the hose size,
it has no bearing on the threaded adapters.