PDA

View Full Version : Walker versus hydro walk behind

HazellLawnCare
05-28-2008, 06:47 PM
I have been running hydro walk behinds on most of my residential work for several years now. I am pleased with the cut on my Toro walk behinds the only problem I have is we bag everything and the bagger setups suck. I am tired of not being able to bag when the lawns are tall or damp. I am seriously looking at buying a couple of 26efi walkers with the 48" decks and the hi dump system. Will I be happy with the cut and stripes after running Turbo Force decks with striping kits? I am also really curious as to anyones opions on the hi dump versus just getting the dump bins. I run enclosed trailers and dump trucks so I need some way to get the grass over the sides of the truck.

BrandonV
05-28-2008, 07:06 PM
the walkers stripe real nice and the baggers can't be beat. We just added a new 26hp model and it's running beautifully so far, not sure how high the hi-dump goes, think its more for pickups, you we use lawn bags and just throw it in the back.

k911lowe
05-28-2008, 07:21 PM
dump into tarps.throw into bed.about $4.00 each and can hold a dump from a walker catcher.

HazellLawnCare
05-28-2008, 07:24 PM
The whole dumping into a tarp on the ground to lift up over the sides of my truck bed just doesnt make much since. Anyone have any experience with the bins?

ATouchofGrass
05-28-2008, 09:14 PM
I heard they are great, i actually just sold my Walker 26 Hp EFI.. I only sold it because i dont have many lawns that need bagging and i just also found a sweet deal on two Exmarks so.. But you wont find a better looking cut than a Walker. Nicest mower ive ever had, and ive had them all! If you buy them you WONT be disapointed. Any questions please ask!

HazellLawnCare
05-29-2008, 12:00 AM
Does the middle tail wheel look funny in the stripes the mowers leave?

KS_Grasscutter
05-29-2008, 12:15 AM
Does the middle tail wheel look funny in the stripes the mowers leave?

The middle tail wheel is the mark of a professionally mowed lawn:)

You'll love the Walkers. I honestly would get the dump bins, because the high dump only goes up like 66" or so. The dump bins are easy to use if you have any upper body strength at all (I actually dont because I am lazy and dont :weightlifter: enough, so they are difficult for me to use, but for most they are no problem at all. Many guys around here that use them every day can toss them up well over 6' to dump them in trucks.)

Anyway, the cut, striping, and bagging of the Walker is second to none. Their only weak point that I have ran across is that they DO tend to plug in very extreme wet conditions when the grass is real tall. Normally those are the times that you really shouldn't be out mowing, anyway lol.

Martin Mowing
05-29-2008, 01:27 AM
I've never had anyone complain about the tail wheel tracks, however I would like to try the split tail wheel. Never seen anyone have one but it is an option (a 390$ option.) I think the split tail wheel would handle a load of damp fescue better also looks cool, but may cut down on trimability some.

Sounds like the bins would work best for you since you run enclosed trailers. Some of the guys around here that have open trailers and dump trucks have a ramp that goes from the trailer into the truck and just back on and dump, thats the most efficient way I've seen. I personally just back on my trailer and dump but I'm not big enough to have a dump truck.