PDA

View Full Version : Scag Pro-V update

Two Seasons
05-28-2008, 07:20 PM
Awesome machine!

Two complaints:
1.) Height in the back of the mower is too high. If you buy this mower and are mowing resi's with alot of low branches, you'll be using the trimmer more. Not alot more, but more than before.
2.) More work on slopes than I had before. I'm thinking that I need to adjust the tracking before the slopes, then mow the same direction (read more time consumed) until I'm done with them. I'm going to call Scag and see if my idea about re-adjusting the tracking will help. Maybe the dealer will meet me at an account and help me as this is the most annoying of the two complaints I have.

Other than that, I'm come to enjoy using a WB again. I never realized how much more productive a hydro WB is. The 17HP Kawasaki engine is enough power unless you're field mowing. The plastic covers sure do attract the dust more than my old metal covered Kohler engine. The deck adjustment is the cat's meow when I'm behind and the grass is too tall for one cutting height, so I cut high and second cut to 3.5", although the highest setting is 4.5" so you can't let the grass get away from you. You guys down South don't have that problem as you always seem to mow shorter than we Yankees.

Pumps and motors are smooth as silk. Beware---balance your new blades as only 2 in 9 (it takes three blades) were marginally close to balanced.

Overall, a very well designed and quiet mower. It's a pricey mower, but the upside is you'll have feeling in your hands again and the throbbing will be a thing of the past.

I've been reading about carpal tunnel and felt I was heading in that direction myself, as my hands would throb after about 5hrs of continuous mowing. Now, just a light touch (a little more with gloves and I'm in control.

I'll be buying another one when we're a little more established. Probably a 52 with the 23HP.

js.lawn
05-28-2008, 07:28 PM
Glade you like that thing lol I'm liking the one i got from you . was gonna be a back up but been using it everyday for the last 2 weeks runs great and thanks for the deal Steve was really worth it.

ATouchofGrass
05-28-2008, 08:37 PM
I absolutely love the V-Pro i just purchased one about a month ago and have no complaints with it. The best thing i like about it is the adjustable deck and the 19 HP kawi!

Two Seasons
05-29-2008, 01:36 AM
Glade you like that thing lol I'm liking the one i got from you . was gonna be a back up but been using it everyday for the last 2 weeks runs great and thanks for the deal Steve was really worth it.

Jeff,
You are absolutely welcome. You and your wife left a positive impression with me and mine. Maybe we can get together sometime when the grass goes dormant around here.

02DURAMAX
05-29-2008, 01:58 AM
Can you post some pics of it?...I saw one at my dealer and one like yours 48" 17Kai is $5,800..Im looking to replace my 48" with a hrdro..52" or 61"

Two Seasons
05-29-2008, 09:54 AM
Can you post some pics of it?...

Already did in earlier thread. Dirtier now and some paint off too. If you do buy, you won't be disappointed.