PDA

View Full Version : Head replacement

mowerbrad
05-28-2008, 07:21 PM
I have a sprinkler head in the garden at my house that is just too short to really get anything more than 1 foot away from it wet. I want to take this one out and replace it with a taller one. I haven't changed out a head before so this will be the first time. Is it just a matter of unscrewing the old head from the base and screwing in the new one? I would rather do it myself rather than having our usual company come out, just so I can learn how to do this a little bit better. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Mike Leary
05-28-2008, 07:44 PM
Get a pro over, pay attention.

mowzum
05-28-2008, 08:13 PM
Get a pro over, pay attention.
I make more money when they mess it up first :D

BrandonV
05-28-2008, 08:22 PM
I have a sprinkler head in the garden at my house that is just too short to really get anything more than 1 foot away from it wet. I want to take this one out and replace it with a taller one. I haven't changed out a head before so this will be the first time. Is it just a matter of unscrewing the old head from the base and screwing in the new one? I would rather do it myself rather than having our usual company come out, just so I can learn how to do this a little bit better. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

you watering turf or shrubs? might you just need a new nozzle? one w/ a higher arch? clean filter?

Bigred350
05-28-2008, 10:19 PM
If installed properly it should have a flexible pipe attached to the bottom of the head before it connects to the pvc.
Dig up the head and see if it will raise up. If not then unscrew the head and go to the plumbing store to get the correct fitting to raise it.

No Rush
05-28-2008, 10:50 PM
provide a picture so we can see what you are trying to do.

Mark B
05-28-2008, 11:37 PM
Just do it then ask questions later... LOL

hoskm01
05-29-2008, 09:28 PM
Just do it then ask questions later... LOL
This is typically more entertaining.