PDA

View Full Version : Ever been confronted by an LCO accusing you of stealing an account?

windsory
05-28-2008, 09:22 PM
I've got these two guys in a beat up old toyota pick up who stare me down and everytime I do a lawn that they think I stole from them. They'll stop for about five minutes across the street and watch me while I cut the house. I'm only 16, I guess they're trying to scare me or something, I don't know. Funny thing is, i have better equipment than them.
The lady called me because I do two houses next door to her and she thinks I do a cleaner and neater job. So I said ok, I guess they're annoyed.
These guys just bother me.

billslawn89
05-28-2008, 09:27 PM
nope. never had that happen! just tell those guys that you didn't steal any accounts and the lady called me.

AndyTblc
05-28-2008, 09:30 PM
My uncle is an LCO and he sits on the side of the road to make sure I"m doing a good job, that drives me nuts.

4 seasons lawn&land
05-28-2008, 09:33 PM
that sounds like a bad situation. get the plate # on the truck in case anything else happens. let a local cop know, give him the plate and truck description.

monkeygrass
05-28-2008, 09:34 PM
your first instinct makes you worry. continue to watch your back. also--keep an eye on your equipment and your truck. maybe they are just studying your techniques.

ask the homeowner if they think the goons are "suspicious." i'd tell you to go concealed carry, but you're too young.

billslawn89
05-28-2008, 09:37 PM
your first instinct makes you worry. continue to watch your back. also--keep an eye on your equipment and your truck. maybe they are just studying your techniques.

ask the homeowner if they think the goons are "suspicious." i'd tell you to go concealed carry, but you're too young.

:laugh: " goons ".. man i haven't heard that word in a long time!!! thats funny! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

BarrFarms
05-28-2008, 09:45 PM
I carry a good sized knife, gerber fastdraw. A shotgun under your backseat is a good idea, you never know.

Thanks,

KrayzKajun
05-28-2008, 09:49 PM

lol! i new you had to be from New Orleans cuz we think alike!!
gotta love the south!

MarksTLC
05-28-2008, 09:50 PM
Your under 21, tell the cops these guys are stalking you. Maybe you think they are perverts and you fear for your life.

mybowtie
05-28-2008, 09:53 PM
Bring a camara with you and let them see you take the pic, then smile and wave. Probally wont see them again.:usflag:

windsory
05-28-2008, 09:54 PM
Your under 21, tell the cops these guys are stalking you. Maybe you think they are perverts and you fear for your life.

hahaha these responses are getting funny

Scagguy
05-28-2008, 10:01 PM
I would ignore them. Better yet, constantly switch up your mowing time to be there. You have protection in the form of a weedeater. .095 to the chest, wide open, will let em know you mean business. Of course, that's last resort if you are threatened.

ALC-GregH
05-28-2008, 10:08 PM
If they're kinda close to you rig, walk over to you rig and then look over to make eye contact, once you do, confront them with a "hows it going" and basically tell them that you have seen them mow that ladies lawn and she called me because she noticed what a great job I do on other properties in the neighborhood. Then give them that, "better sharpen your skillz when you sharpen your blades, IF you even sharpen the blades. Offer them a "have a nice day" then walk away. :)

greenbaylawns
05-28-2008, 10:13 PM
Come on, Next time walk up to the truck with a bat and smack the hood as hard as you can an yell what are you looking at? Just kidding, but that would be great and I don't think they'll come back :)

mybowtie
05-28-2008, 10:19 PM
Come on, Next time walk up to the truck with a bat and smack the hood as hard as you can an yell what are you looking at? Just kidding, but that would be great and I don't think they'll come back :)

Id sell tickets to that show.....:drinkup:

shovelracer
05-28-2008, 10:22 PM
I didnt realize cutting was so cut throat in the south that you guys needed to carry.

STIHL GUY
05-28-2008, 10:23 PM
carry a cell phone so you can call the cops at anytime you need to

Johnson LCO
05-28-2008, 10:24 PM
"Officer, the men in the truck said they would give me candy a new puppy if I got into their truck......."
end of problem

TheChiefsLawnCare
05-28-2008, 10:27 PM

Maybe this is why we are "Murder Capital", lol. No its really cause of the turf wars for those drug dealers, i say, let em kill themselves off, what does it matter to me.

S.A.L.
05-28-2008, 10:29 PM
I've walked right up to an on-looking truck.
Most of the time they're copying technique.

ResidentialOwner
05-28-2008, 10:33 PM
Maybe he didn't know he was replaced and he showed up to mow, wondering what the hell!
Has he done this on more then one occasion? Have you told your father?

BillyRgn
05-28-2008, 10:34 PM
i would try to point out the situation to the homeowner, just so someone else knows what is going on and so there is a second set of eyes watching in your favor in case anything ever happens. LOCK YOUR EQUIPTMENT - its not just them to worry about, there is alot of people out there who are not so honest. also if you or one of your parents is friends with a local cop, it might not be a bad idea to inform them of the situation, and ask them for suggestions. maybe they can show up next time you cut the lawn or if you want, they will probably go talk to them for you and tell them to keep away. and this is why i cut a few cops lawns at a significantly lower rate, remember, it never hurts to know a cop, and to have one looking out for you, especially at a young age, i'm only 20 my self, and can't even tell you how many times i got out of a tickets and other stuff, because i knew one of the cops that showed up, no to metion i got a blower back that got stolen because i new one of the cops, if i didn't now the cop, the police never would have even looked for it

AndyTblc
05-28-2008, 10:40 PM
if the house has a fire hydrant in front of the house, go take a hose from the fire dept. and take your grandma along and have her sit in a lawn chair with the hose, and every time the truck drives by, have her shoot them with water, and have her shake her cane.

tb8100
05-28-2008, 10:47 PM
I would pull up beside them and light the tires up til they were covered in burnt rubber and smoke.

freshprince94
05-28-2008, 10:50 PM
Maybe this is why we are "Murder Capital", lol. No its really cause of the turf wars for those drug dealers, i say, let em kill themselves off, what does it matter to me.

Murder Capital? Have you been to Orlando before? Relatively quiet with robberies and such but we have the most murders. It's really a pain these days, we had 3 homicides on the first day of 2008! And to top it off, I gotta fight off the damned lowballers! Sorry, i'm tired from working all day (my accounts and my job with another LCO) and I need to vent.

Lawn Enforcer
05-28-2008, 10:51 PM
Have someone take a picture of you mowing that lawn, and then next time they are watching you, walk up to the truck and give them the picture and say, "Here, take this picture, it lasts longer."

topsites
05-28-2008, 10:55 PM
All right, I'm guessing the question to ask here is,
why do you feel they are accusing you of stealing the account?

Did either of them say that to you?
Then why are you thinking that?

kleankutslawn
05-28-2008, 10:57 PM
lets set a good example for the youngster!

corey4671
05-28-2008, 10:58 PM
just stop and sit there and stare at them. see which one of you blinks first.:eek:

TheChiefsLawnCare
05-28-2008, 11:12 PM
Murder Capital? Have you been to Orlando before? Relatively quiet with robberies and such but we have the most murders. It's really a pain these days, we had 3 homicides on the first day of 2008! And to top it off, I gotta fight off the damned lowballers! Sorry, i'm tired from working all day (my accounts and my job with another LCO) and I need to vent.

Gurantiee you New Orleans is "Murder Capital", literally everyday on the news there has been a double shootin, or a murder in 3 or 4 areas. Trust me on this one. Why do you say robbers are murders, murders are murders, not all robbers shoot and kill people. I didnt say crime capital, i said Murder Capital.

TheChiefsLawnCare
05-28-2008, 11:13 PM
OOO sry, i read that wrong about the robbers.

TwistedSister
05-28-2008, 11:19 PM
Gurantiee you New Orleans is "Murder Capital", literally everyday on the news there has been a double shootin, or a murder in 3 or 4 areas. Trust me on this one. Why do you say robbers are murders, murders are murders, not all robbers shoot and kill people. I didnt say crime capital, i said Murder Capital.

I found this on the internet. Just interesting to look at dont you think. Hey...My city is #2. :cool2::clapping::usflag::drinkup::dancing:

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0921299.html

tb8100
05-28-2008, 11:35 PM
OOO sry, i read that wrong about the robbers.

how you likin that Hi-Vac?

TheChiefsLawnCare
05-28-2008, 11:54 PM
OOO, well I jus got by what I see around this area and on the news and what people say. Who says thats a reliable source, lol. Anyways, who honestly cares, I dont mess with them, I will mess with them if I become a cop which is what Im going to apply for tomorrrow.

KrayzKajun
05-28-2008, 11:57 PM
OOO, well I jus got by what I see around this area and on the news and what people say. Who says thats a reliable source, lol. Anyways, who honestly cares, I dont mess with them, I will mess with them if I become a cop which is what Im going to apply for tomorrrow.

not to thread jack! good luck the police job! let me kow if ya get rid of ya accounts

J&J Customs
05-29-2008, 12:16 AM
wave at them... minus index, ring, and pinky fingers