PDA

View Full Version : New Toro 21"

DSLND
05-28-2008, 10:41 PM
Well.....

Last week, both wheels on my push mower decided to fall off. Not just fall off, but the whole set up that holds the wheel on fell off as well. It could not be welded, and I was barely holding it on with some washers.

So I decided that a new push mower was the way to go. The Super Recycler was a homeowner machine, and I have put that thing through a lot in the last three years.

So I got this!

I love the commercial Toro. Its amazing.

Big Gas Tank
Bigger Grass Catcher
Blade Clutch
Better Cut

Here are some pictures

-Mitch-

DSLND
05-28-2008, 10:44 PM
This picture shows both mowers. The Super Recycler has been retired to my backup. It works, but it barely holds together! lol

KrayzKajun
05-28-2008, 10:46 PM
NICE! i need to look into getting a good commercial 21"

lawnboy858
05-28-2008, 10:53 PM
Nice mower Mitch!

Keep us updated on how it works.

Matt

GLS
05-28-2008, 11:47 PM
Nice purchase Mitch!

What motor is on that machine?

We have the identical mower but with a honda engine. I would love to have the large external gas tank, didn't know they still made them that way.

Good luck with it

freshprince94
05-29-2008, 12:03 AM
Awesome. I want the eXmark version of that, basically the same but different deck.

kreft
05-29-2008, 12:04 AM
nice! does scag have a 21 inch?

DSLND
05-29-2008, 12:14 AM
Ryan,

The mower has the 6hp Kawi. The gas tank is twice the size as the one on the Super Recycler.

Kreft,

I couldn't tell you about scag, never used one or even looked at them (no dealers close by).

-Mitch-

Drivefaster35
05-29-2008, 12:29 AM
i also just purchased the same mower with the kawi engine. it's unbelievable how much differnce it is compared to a upscaled home owners model. i was extremly skeptical aout spending $1100.00 + on a 21" mower without ever seeing or using one (nonbe of thew dealers around here stocks anything like them) However I think so far after having it about a month it was one hell of an investment the biggest thing for me is the actual rubber tires, steel ball bearing wheels, full pressure lubbed engine, WITH AN OIL FILTER, and the bigger gas tank.

TheChiefsLawnCare
05-29-2008, 12:30 AM
Man, great choice, I LOVE the big fuel tank in mine. That was one of the reasons why I got the kawi moter and a toro and not a snapper. Im so happy they got a different clutch setup cause in mine, which is last years model. Mine has that big metal plate and i seem to bang my knee into it, and it really hurts.

Matts lawn care
05-29-2008, 09:37 PM
Looks great, I wish my toro came with a clutch. The big gas tank is defiantly a plus. Can we see some stripe pictures?

S man
05-31-2008, 01:10 AM
Nice mower. I have the non bbc with honda engine one. It is a lot lighter than that toro but I know the kawi has some serious power for thick wet grass. Next toro will have the kawi but with no bbc.

btw, why do you need the clutch??

02DURAMAX
05-31-2008, 02:34 AM
nice! does scag have a 21 inch?

No they dont make one...

Nice mower man!!

TheChiefsLawnCare
05-31-2008, 02:46 AM
Yeah, I have the kawi like I said before, but I dont have the BBC either, no dealer in my area sells the BBC. The only mower that has the BBC in my area is the exmark. BBC is not really necessary and not worth the extra money, these mowers start on one pull so I mean I wouldnt go get a BBC one so you dont have to restart the mower.

TheChiefsLawnCare
05-31-2008, 03:01 AM
OOO and one other thing i how I want the BBC when I first bought it. but i just hung in there until I got the hang of the single bar. Just hang in there, youll be happy its jus one bar.

S man
05-31-2008, 01:21 PM
I'll probably get the exmark version next time.

DoetschOutdoor
05-31-2008, 01:36 PM
You want the blade clutch so you can stop the blade from spinning while you pick up a stick or whatever and not have to shut the whole mower down.

DSLND
06-01-2008, 12:20 AM
I appreciate the replies.

The blade clutch is great. Its nice to not have to shut the mower off when having to move away from the machine.

Btw, i demoed a Wright Stander. My ztr is just too big for my operation, and a stander is a lot more compact, while it can still effeciently mow my large properties. I plan on selling my ztr soon. I am going to get the 17/48 Stander.

-Mitch-

Abes
06-01-2008, 12:26 AM
I appreciate the replies.

The blade clutch is great. Its nice to not have to shut the mower off when having to move away from the machine.

Btw, i demoed a Wright Stander. My ztr is just too big for my operation, and a stander is a lot more compact, while it can still effeciently mow my large properties. I plan on selling my ztr soon. I am going to get the 17/48 Stander.

-Mitch-
You will love a wright stander. I will take a stander over a ztr anyday.

J&R Landscaping
06-01-2008, 07:14 PM
Nice machine! I was wondering how that old 20055 toro was treating you. Don't look too too bad for 3 years commercial use.

TMAC669
06-01-2008, 08:11 PM
Way To Go Mitch, I Just Bought My Proline This Year And I Love It. I Also Have A Stander And It Would Be Hard For Me To Part With It Also.

DSLND
06-01-2008, 11:53 PM
Thanks again for the replies.

Joe, the Super Recycler did amazing for being a 2005 model. I bought it with like three hours, and I would say now it has over three hundred. I put that machine through heck, and it paid for itself nicely.

-Mitch-

S man
06-02-2008, 01:08 AM
Thanks again for the replies.

Joe, the Super Recycler did amazing for being a 2005 model. I bought it with like three hours, and I would say now it has over three hundred. I put that machine through heck, and it paid for itself nicely.

-Mitch-

That's good to know. The cheap recyclers from hd are another story. One of my customers gave me one that was 400 new with electrice start and tecumseh trash engine. That mower only lasted me 3 months of hard use. Before that is was like new.

How do you like the cut of the toro with bbc? Does the clutch mess up mulching/bagging performance? Is it heavy? How do you like the kai engine?

DSLND
06-02-2008, 10:21 AM
That's good to know. The cheap recyclers from hd are another story. One of my customers gave me one that was 400 new with electrice start and tecumseh trash engine. That mower only lasted me 3 months of hard use. Before that is was like new.

How do you like the cut of the toro with bbc? Does the clutch mess up mulching/bagging performance? Is it heavy? How do you like the kai engine?

Yeah, I've never tried the plain Recyclers, proboably never will.

The cut of the Toro is ten times better than that of the SR.

Does the clutch mess up? Nope, its great. To empty the bagger, drop the bar, get the grass catcher off, empty, put catcher back on, full throttle, lift up and go. Its also nice to drive the mower around without the blade running, but still have the self-propel moving the mower.

Yes its a heavy machine. Dealer said its about 124lb.

Kawi engine is a beast. Beats the heck out of anything!

-Mitch-

TheChiefsLawnCare
06-02-2008, 06:20 PM
Does the clutch mess up? Nope, its great. To empty the bagger, drop the bar, get the grass catcher off, empty, put catcher back on, full throttle, lift up and go. Its also nice to drive the mower around without the blade running, but still have the self-propel moving the mower.

-Mitch-

Mhmm, thats a good idea. I noticed today that on my toro that dosent have the BBC, its still has the slots on the deck for it I wonder if you could buy the kit and put it on yourself.

freshprince94
06-03-2008, 09:58 PM
Mitch:

Do you mulch with the 21" at all?

freshprince94
06-03-2008, 09:59 PM
Yeah, I've never tried the plain Recyclers, proboably never will.The cut of the Toro is ten times better than that of the SR.

Yes its a heavy machine. Dealer said its about 124lb.

Kawi engine is a beast. Beats the heck out of anything!

-Mitch-

I'm stuck with the plain recycler until I can afford a Phazer. It sucks.

DSLND
06-03-2008, 10:40 PM
Mitch:

Do you mulch with the 21" at all?

Yes I do mulch with it. It came with a mulch plug, and its very easy to use. I would say I bag with the mower 80% of the time, mulch 20%.

-Mitch-

TheChiefsLawnCare
06-04-2008, 12:30 AM
These toro's are made to mulch. There also great baggers. Id say im 40% bag and then 60% mulch. I bag my front yards and then mulch the back unless they want to pay to get the back bagged.