PDA

View Full Version : Rain Bird RC-7B1

bobb100
05-29-2008, 09:53 AM
I have a Rain Bird system with 7 zones. I used the system for the first time last week and all locations worked. the next day only one zone worked that was zone 4. Any suggestion's?

Waterit
05-29-2008, 09:56 AM
What changed? Have any lightning overnight? Get a multimeter and check for continuity on your zone wires.

You might want to replace that dinosaur 7Bi - the whole world has gone digital!

Wet_Boots
05-29-2008, 10:18 AM
Then fix the cut wires, maybe.

Mike Leary
05-29-2008, 03:55 PM
I have a Rain Bird system with 7 zones. I used the system for the first time last week and all locations worked. the next day only one zone worked that was zone 4. Any suggestion's?

Do you owe your contractor money? :laugh:
Those were bullet-proof clocks, no longer made as of last year,
but over the years all my RCs went down & were upgraded to solid state.

Waterit
05-29-2008, 06:23 PM
Those were bullet-proof clocks, no longer made as of last year, but over the years all my RCs went down & were upgraded to solid state.

Just replaced (2) RC-1260Bi's, once with a slave, at a cemetary. LIGHTNING!

Had to replace PSR's, mag starters, and one of the 7-1/2HP submersible pumps, also.

LOVED those RC's - all that room in the cab to make up wires, or mount ice cubes or PSR's (unless of course you mounted them in a breaker panel).

Mike Leary
05-29-2008, 06:28 PM
PSR's (unless of course you mounted them in a breaker panel).

Ouch! Hope the installer reads that post. They were good clocks, but dumb as a brick.

Waterit
05-29-2008, 10:09 PM
Mike, I was referring to the pic someone posted on another thread that showed a relay in a breaker panel.

Mike Leary
05-30-2008, 12:29 PM
Mike, I was referring to the pic someone posted on another thread that showed a relay in a breaker panel.

I know, as usual, I did not make myself clear. :hammerhead: