PDA

View Full Version : Spider splice at box????

Bad Influence
05-29-2008, 01:39 PM
I'm having trouble properly fitting four different lines into the COM at the box. Can I spider them into two different sets. Will it damage or hurt light performance.

Thanks.

Lite4
05-29-2008, 09:29 PM
I have done it and it is fine. I will usually run two 10s to the 12s, but honestly you could probably just use 12 since you are only pushing it a couple of inches. Just do the same volt testing at the hub and correct accordingly.

steveparrott
06-02-2008, 10:34 AM
Could you be more specific about the products and wiring configuration you're using?

Pro-Scapes
06-02-2008, 09:32 PM
Since your reffering to spider splice I will assume your using CAST lighting and thier transformer. You should be able to fit your 4 runs in a single common tap so long as you do not overload the commons 25a capacity.

Try stripping a bit more off your wires and twisting them up tight. Its a tight fit but it should go in. I have done it many times.

Cast also offers a lug (cant think of what they call it) but its a large rubber coated part with some xl allen head set screws which will allow you to place 2 numb 10 wires off the common into one end of the lug and all of your runs in the other end of the lug. I have never needed it on a common tho with only 4 runs of wire.