PDA

View Full Version : Metal to metal sound ?

Bunton Guy
12-24-2001, 11:13 PM
I have a Echo Pb400e and also a Stihl Br400 that always makes kinda a metal to metal sound it dosent get any louder when wide open throttle when I told someone of my problem they said it could be a rod bearing going. Basically to me it sounds like I need to squirt some oil on the fan if there was a bearing in there but that dosent work...it sounds to me like bearing needs some lube so that also makes me want to agree with the guy who kindly told me that it could possible be the crank or rod bearing.

gene gls
12-24-2001, 11:59 PM
Did it get droped???My hand blower was droped and now the fan rubs on the housing.

Gene

snapper
07-28-2002, 11:24 AM
Have you had good results from your echo pb-400e? I was given one of these the other day. Have you had any problems with them? Okay enough questions. When I got mine it was making a clankling knocking sound, like something was in the fan, so I took it apart found nothing, put it back together and it was quiet again. I e-mailed echo and asked them if they knew what it could be, if they tell me anything, i'll post it for you. If you find out what it is I would like to know. Snapper