PDA

View Full Version : Advantage Lawn & Landscape Pics

A-Land
05-29-2008, 08:19 PM
I'll try throwing a few pics on here.... I finally remembered to bring my camera today!!

I have been doing thins since about July of last year, so I obviously do not have the equipment many of you have. That being said, everything is paid off!!

A-Land
05-29-2008, 08:21 PM
Equipment:

Mower is a 2005 Scag SWZU with the Advantage deck. Don't see too many SWZUs around here, manily Exmark TTs or TTHPs.

I do have a Proslide, and it, aside from the mower, is probably the best thing I own! Really sets my work apart.

Pics of lawns to follow.....

A-Land
05-29-2008, 08:23 PM
Ooops forgot to attach them.

A-Land
05-29-2008, 08:24 PM
Running a 18HP Honda........ Don't see many of those either. The parts are, on average, 2-3 times what the same parts from Kawi are.

A-Land
05-29-2008, 08:27 PM
Thursday afternoon........ first house.

Fescue / Bluegrass cut at 3".

A-Land
05-29-2008, 08:29 PM
Second Thursday property..... same cut as #1.

A-Land
05-29-2008, 08:33 PM
This is at the second property...... I had a laugh only because I WATCHED the guy spray this area two weeks ago from the sprayer with what was supposed to be weed control. Asked him what he was spraying and he said he didn't know....... right, that's a good sign. Water? Fertilizer maybe?

Had to take a pic before I trimmed it.

A-Land
05-29-2008, 08:36 PM
Third property.......... just picked this one up. Lawn is getting a little brown around the edges. Grass is really poor, but the stripes make it look good.

A-Land
05-29-2008, 08:38 PM
Fourth property, and last, of the day. Only got one pic because their damn dogs like to jump all over me. It would be cool if they were little, but they have two slobbery St. Bernard's......

A-Land
05-29-2008, 08:41 PM
My house........ All the landscaping was done in the past week. Sorry there are no before pictures......................

metro36
05-29-2008, 09:07 PM
That scag cuts really nice. Everything looks good.

Lawn Enforcer
05-29-2008, 09:23 PM
Nice stripes! Nice rig too, saves on gas I'm sure.

lawnprosteveo
05-29-2008, 09:26 PM
Nice work Boston...that Scag leaves a nice cut.

A-Land
05-29-2008, 09:26 PM
That scag cuts really nice. Everything looks good.

Don't have a single complaint on the Scag. For the most part these lawns are cut about as fast as it goes.... only because I have the proslide. Turned to the fastest it can go..... I can barely keep up walking.

A-Land
05-29-2008, 09:28 PM
Nice stripes! Nice rig too, saves on gas I'm sure.

I bought the ranger before I decided to go into the biz. Saves on gas pretty good considering it is a 4 cyl!! The engine pings like a SOB when I go over 40 mph though with the trailer........ Next stop is a 6 cyl Tacoma. Looking at picking that up sometime in July.....

A-Land
05-29-2008, 09:29 PM
Nice work Boston...that Scag leaves a nice cut.

Thanks. The proslide really defines the lines, and is extremely comfortable to use. I debated it for a long time because it was so expensive, but it's worth every dime!

Mowerboy04
05-29-2008, 09:37 PM
how many lawns are u cutting?

A-Land
05-29-2008, 10:39 PM
15 in 3 days after school, and then save landscaping jobs for the Saturday. I usually work from 3-6:30 or 7 at night for the three days..... Looking to expand when summer comes though and add some more jobs.

Matts lawn care
05-29-2008, 10:41 PM
Hey you got to start some where and that's better than what I started with. Nice mower. The stripes look great with the proslide. How long did it take you to cut that lawn?

deere615
05-29-2008, 10:43 PM
That scag leaves some nice stripes

A-Land
05-29-2008, 10:44 PM
Nice mower. The stripes look great with the proslide. How long did it take you to cut that lawn?

I showed you four... which one?

A-Land
05-29-2008, 10:45 PM
That scag leaves some nice stripes

The scag leaves okay stripes, the proslide leaves the nice stripes........

Matts lawn care
05-29-2008, 10:52 PM
Sorry, the one right after the picture of all the weeds.

A-Land
05-29-2008, 10:58 PM
Well the pics are from two sides of the driveway.... and there is a backyard that is about the same size or maybe a bit more. Takes me maybe 40-45 mins total, so for the two pics you see maybe 15-20 mins.

A-Land
06-01-2008, 11:40 AM
New EBZ 7001 coming soon..... I'll throw some pics on here when I get it!! :) :) :)

LawnBoy89
06-01-2008, 11:48 AM
Hey where did you get the proslide and how much did you pay. Everyone I ask says they are garbage but I really like the idea of them. Mower looks nice too never seen a Honda engine that big except in a catalog I was wondering who used them.

zemzabob
06-01-2008, 11:53 AM
Looks good nice job

A-Land
06-01-2008, 12:14 PM
Hey where did you get the proslide and how much did you pay. Everyone I ask says they are garbage but I really like the idea of them. Mower looks nice too never seen a Honda engine that big except in a catalog I was wondering who used them.

I got the proslide from Novae's website. They are really great!! I would recommend them to everybody, even with their price.

A-Land
06-01-2008, 12:14 PM
Looks good nice job

Thanks...... I try.

Tim03
06-01-2008, 09:13 PM
Don't have a single complaint on the Scag. For the most part these lawns are cut about as fast as it goes.... only because I have the proslide. Turned to the fastest it can go..... I can barely keep up walking.

Hello, want to ask a potentially stupid question. I have never seen a proslide in action and the few times I read about it here, I thought it was something you stood on while mowing. By this post it sounds like you walk behind it. Which is it? Or how do you use it to get those stripes?

Second question, did you take those pictures with your cell phone? From one of the shadows of you it looks like you might have. They look pretty good, better than I would expect out of a cell phone camera.

TwistedSister
06-01-2008, 09:24 PM
I know you've only been in the biz for a little over a year but that work mkes it look like you've been at it for 20. Im a young guy too and just wish I could make my lawns look like that. Im jelous.:cry:

93Chevy
06-01-2008, 10:50 PM
Looks good. I'm glad you're starting off doing good work; that's the way to do it. Good luck in your future adventures, even if it's not in this industry.

A-Land
06-02-2008, 01:03 AM
Hello, want to ask a potentially stupid question. I have never seen a proslide in action and the few times I read about it here, I thought it was something you stood on while mowing. By this post it sounds like you walk behind it. Which is it? Or how do you use it to get those stripes?

Second question, did you take those pictures with your cell phone? From one of the shadows of you it looks like you might have. They look pretty good, better than I would expect out of a cell phone camera.

Remember, there are no stupid questions, just stupid people!! haha :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

It is something you stand on while mowing..... go to novaecorp.com I think and check it out. I was comparing the times by saying that without the proslide, I would never be able to mow so quickly.

They look better than a cell phone camera because they are not from a cell phone camera......... just an ancient Canon digital. Nice camera though, it does the job just fine for me.

A-Land
06-02-2008, 01:05 AM
I know you've only been in the biz for a little over a year but that work mkes it look like you've been at it for 20. Im a young guy too and just wish I could make my lawns look like that. Im jelous.:cry:

Well, thanks! You can make them look like that, you just have to have a lot of knowledge. In the year I have been in business, I must have done more talking with people, listening, and learning than I did in the other 16 years of my life combined. Always try to listen and learn and I don't see why you can't produce top quality work.

A-Land
06-02-2008, 01:11 AM
Looks good. I'm glad you're starting off doing good work; that's the way to do it. Good luck in your future adventures, even if it's not in this industry.

Thanks.... Last year I didn't know anything when I started. I was scared to death of a 36 belt drive.... god. Now I can handle a 48 hydro with my eyes closed for the most part and can fix and maintain just about everything on it.

I remember when I started, I was use to lining up the wheel marks on the 21 mowers..... and I tried that on the 36 for a number of weeks.... Lets just say there was a lot of crunched, dead grass in ugly stripes everywhere. What a difference a year can make! (Don't worry that was just my personal yard)

I don't plan to stay in it forever, but for the next few years.... I'm loving it! The time will come when college and working a professional job is more important and this will slip into just hobby range.... and at that point I will have to get out of the business. I love doing this stuff so much, that will be a hard day and a hard realization to make. Certainly no offense to any of you guys that bust it all week long every week or plow for 30 hours in a row, but I won't be able to do it.

A-Land
06-02-2008, 01:14 AM
I will post some more pictures this week of the rest of the properties....... thanks for the comments! I will keep updates and pics coming!!

02DURAMAX
06-02-2008, 01:40 AM
Looks Great!! and proslides are awesome on hydros!!

A-Land
06-02-2008, 04:17 PM
Looks Great!! and proslides are awesome on hydros!!

I don't think I would operate a hydro w/o a proslide ever again....... Not because you don't have to walk but because of all the advantages the proslide has. What do you have it on?

Landscape89
06-06-2008, 12:38 PM
Looks Good Josh.. I really like that Scag!
Keep up the Good Work :clapping:

A-Land
06-06-2008, 11:54 PM
Looks Good Josh.. I really like that Scag!
Keep up the Good Work :clapping:

Thanks. It sucked the last two days I've been cutting while its been raining.... and I don't want to get behind because the next three days it's supposed to be in the 90s. (Apologies to southern guys because you have to deal with the heat 10 times more than we do..... but I still hate the heat)

S man
06-07-2008, 12:50 AM
Nice work and mower. Why didn't you go with a exmark tthp 48"? Just wondering. Oh and you'll love the redmax ebz7001. I think they are a little overpriced though.

A-Land
06-07-2008, 03:43 PM
Nice work and mower. Why didn't you go with a exmark tthp 48"? Just wondering. Oh and you'll love the redmax ebz7001. I think they are a little overpriced though.

I have a Scag dealer that I trust 10 mins from my house.... so that makes it easy. I bought it used.... so I really only had a selection of what was for sale and there was only one TTHP but it was out of what I was looking to pay.

That's why I haven't bought the Redmax yet, I looked at a Stihl the other day and I really liked it, but both are expensive. I haven't decided yet...

S man
06-07-2008, 07:32 PM
I have a Scag dealer that I trust 10 mins from my house.... so that makes it easy. I bought it used.... so I really only had a selection of what was for sale and there was only one TTHP but it was out of what I was looking to pay.

That's why I haven't bought the Redmax yet, I looked at a Stihl the other day and I really liked it, but both are expensive. I haven't decided yet...

I personally like redmax better. Good luck with your decision.

Chestnut Oaks Prez
06-08-2008, 03:38 PM
Josh! I can see you have been takin notes:) Nice job bud!!!!!!!!!

A-Land
06-08-2008, 03:57 PM
Josh! I can see you have been takin notes:) Nice job bud!!!!!!!!!

Haha I sure have! I don't have all the tools that you do, I just have a love of what I'm doing and make due with what I do have. That's really what's the key.

I have been looking at the pics of that giant pond you did or are in the process of doing, and that's really great work, especially for it being your first time at it. I hope to have something like that one day, but hopefully I will be able to pay somebody else to do all the hard work!! :laugh::laugh:

A-Land
06-08-2008, 03:59 PM
I personally like redmax better. Good luck with your decision.

I do too so far, but I haven't given the Stihl a fair shot. I'm not in a huge rush, so I would rather go with the buyer beware approach than the go out and buy one and think later approach.

grass2cash
06-09-2008, 01:35 PM
I was considering the proslide, but I don't know if I can justify the cost ($400). My secondary mower is a Quick 36 and I'm not sure if the slider will work with such a compact mower. I have the stepsaver from BOP but the ride is not the best. Does the slider sit atop the grass or on it?

Supper Grassy
06-09-2008, 03:59 PM
Nice Rig and nice Work

A-Land
06-09-2008, 04:08 PM
I was considering the proslide, but I don't know if I can justify the cost ($400). My secondary mower is a Quick 36 and I'm not sure if the slider will work with such a compact mower. I have the stepsaver from BOP but the ride is not the best. Does the slider sit atop the grass or on it?

Does it sit atop the grass or on it? I guess it depends on how fat you are and how much you weigh :laugh::laugh:

I'm a decent sized guy so....

If what you mean is does the proslide fix to the mower so that your weight is transferred to the mower and not the ground.... the answer is no. Check it out on novaecorp.com or click one of the 10 sponsor bulletins they have. It just sits on the ground, and you slide across it. At first I thought it would automatically tare up the turf, but it doesn't at all. Even on fairly new grass (just a few weeks old) it doesn't pull any up. I do 10 times more damage with the wheels over the proslide.

Not to mention it's as comfortable as can be. Pretty smooth ride, handles hills pretty good. I was on an older sulky to test it out that had a few swiveling units and I didn't like it because I kept moving in relation to the machine. The proslide keeps you centered on the machine, much better.

I'm not sure if the quicks can take them though. They don't have very much power, and I would wager to think the single hydro would be trouble for pulling the additional weight. I haven't seen one pull a proslide, so that's my guess of what would happen. Considering quicks are pretty small, it seems to make sense. You need weight on the mower to counter the weight you add so the front wheels don't pull up. Thankfully Scags are tanks and can handle it!!

By the way. If you think about it, you'll already pay at least $250-$300 for a decent sulky. With everything we spend money on $150 bucks to be really comfortable during the day is worth it. Besides, if using it gives you better striping and that gets you even one referral, it's paid for. Expensive but worth it IMO.

A-Land
06-09-2008, 04:09 PM
Nice Rig and nice Work

Thanks Supper Grassy

Green Team Landscaping
06-09-2008, 11:30 PM
is that proslide what makes the stripes?

A-Land
06-10-2008, 12:11 AM
is that proslide what makes the stripes?

If helps define the stripes, but it is not 100% the reason. You have to have a good mower first. If you look at most stripes they are not uniform, and you can see the wheel marks but in the middle the stripe is not very defined. The proslide fixes that. That's what makes them look good.

A-Land
07-01-2008, 11:32 PM
Stripes today.......

A-Land
07-01-2008, 11:35 PM
New toy.... Redmax EBZ 7001 :weightlifter::weightlifter:

S man
07-02-2008, 01:07 PM
Nice blower boston!! Good choice.

A-Land
07-02-2008, 04:58 PM
I was stuck out in the rain today..... and I'm used to difficulty blowing wet grass. Not anymore!!

MysticLandscape
07-02-2008, 05:49 PM
After two days or trimming my timmer aint new no more either lol get that backpack dirty..

RedMax Man
07-02-2008, 08:03 PM
You went all the way to MB tractor to get a blower?? isn't that a little far rom you? Anyway good choice. my EBZ7001 isn't running properly for some reason. Nice mowing.

A-Land
07-02-2008, 08:09 PM
You went all the way to MB tractor to get a blower?? isn't that a little far rom you? Anyway good choice. my EBZ7001 isn't running properly for some reason. Nice mowing.

Well I went with Tim.... Even if I went by myself though (which I was planning) I would have saved on sales tax. ($20) The only other Redmax dealer around here is in Hamilton and he said that a 7001 would be closer to $560 or 570 plus tax.

Hey $10 in McDo money for Tim is better than $15 in gas to get there....

A-Land
07-02-2008, 08:20 PM
After two days or trimming my timmer aint new no more either lol get that backpack dirty..

Did your friend there enjoy the new trimmer?? lol

It got a little dirty today and then it got a bath......

Those shorts fit yet? lol:drinkup:

RedMax Man
07-02-2008, 08:36 PM
Well I went with Tim.... Even if I went by myself though (which I was planning) I would have saved on sales tax. ($20) The only other Redmax dealer around here is in Hamilton and he said that a 7001 would be closer to $560 or 570 plus tax.

Hey $10 in McDo money for Tim is better than $15 in gas to get there....

Sounds good. I just got one of the little hedge trimmer back from the shop. One of my trimmers is in the shop. the other trimmer doesnt run properly and one of the blowers doesnt run right. probably have gas problem. I have 2 of everything so im not grounded.

A-Land
07-02-2008, 09:26 PM
Yeah that's weird.... All Redmaxs right? Hows the stander doing? I was looking at one up at MB - that's a hell of a machine. It was also interesting to see the navi sitting next to the walker.... walker with a 52" deck and I think 31 hp? Now that's a machine....

STIHL GUY
07-03-2008, 12:00 AM
nice stripes in all the pictures

A-Land
07-03-2008, 12:03 AM
Thanks Stihl Guy

RedMax Man
07-03-2008, 12:06 AM
Yeah that's weird.... All Redmaxs right? Hows the stander doing? I was looking at one up at MB - that's a hell of a machine. It was also interesting to see the navi sitting next to the walker.... walker with a 52" deck and I think 31 hp? Now that's a machine....

Yup all RedMax, first time ive been having problems with them. Stander is great, getn close to 60 hours on the meter. its an animal. Sounds like a Walker on steroids.

S man
07-03-2008, 12:20 AM
Yup all RedMax, first time ive been having problems with them. Stander is great, getn close to 60 hours on the meter. its an animal. Sounds like a Walker on steroids.

I've been having problems with my ebz7001. How's yours running? The dealer said the spark plug was dirty or something. Free of charge.
How's the hand blower doing?

A-Land
07-03-2008, 12:28 AM
Looked like a walker on steroids too..... it made the navi look sort of tiny lol.

I couldn't believe the number of Kubotas they had in stock at MB.... it was orange everywhere!! lol There must have been 100+ tractors sitting on the lot and maybe 50 more around the back in wooden crates. Only saw one stander though, a 52 on the showroom floor. Is that where you bought the stander?

A-Land
07-03-2008, 12:33 AM

Hey where did you get the edger? I bought the $200 home cheapo echo edger and it couldn't even get through the soil at full rpm. Even letting it down gradually it just stopped. Tried it on a big job and was using shovels within 5 minutes.....

How does it work for you? Does it speed up the edging process at all or is shoveling just as fast?

A-Land
07-03-2008, 12:34 AM

lol I was joking with you, you are "RedMax Man" haha

RedMax Man
07-03-2008, 12:57 AM
I've been having problems with my ebz7001. How's yours running? The dealer said the spark plug was dirty or something. Free of charge.
How's the hand blower doing?
Sometimes when i start it up and am running at full throttle and begins tosputter and loose power then die down. Has and happened a few random times on different days.
Looked like a walker on steroids too..... it made the navi look sort of tiny lol.

I couldn't believe the number of Kubotas they had in stock at MB.... it was orange everywhere!! lol There must have been 100+ tractors sitting on the lot and maybe 50 more around the back in wooden crates. Only saw one stander though, a 52 on the showroom floor. Is that where you bought the stander?
You guys must have gone to Plastow NH?? No I bough mine from the dealer i use in Billerica MA.
Hey where did you get the edger? I bought the $200 home cheapo echo edger and it couldn't even get through the soil at full rpm. Even letting it down gradually it just stopped. Tried it on a big job and was using shovels within 5 minutes.....

How does it work for you? Does it speed up the edging process at all or is shoveling just as fast?
I bought the edger used from the same dealer too, its not a stick edger. its a 3 wheeled edger. I can go way faster and more precise without bogging down verses doing the edging of beds with trimmer. I paid $150 but they're like $400 new. Its very good and usefull though. Has a 3.5 hp Briggs. blade angles and raises/lowers.
lol I was joking with you, you are "RedMax Man" haha

A-Land
07-03-2008, 01:05 AM
Yeah we went to Plaistow. I took a peak at the exmark walk behinds but the controls were so low!! I had to reach down way to far compared to my Scag.

As Tim noted, (something like this) "We're big guys. They arn't made for us" I've got to say every illegal I've seen running one looked mighty comfortable! lol

S man
07-03-2008, 02:07 AM
Sometimes when i start it up and am running at full throttle and begins tosputter and loose power then die down. Has and happened a few random times on different days.

Yep. Exact same thing with mine. The dealer said he fixed it. We'll see tomorrow. Nothing beats the original eb7001. A lco I knwo said it also.

A-Land
07-03-2008, 08:37 AM
Mine doesn't start up real fast..... it turns on but you have to run it for a minute or so before the machine will go full throttle. Otherwise you flood it and it turns right off.

S man
07-03-2008, 12:18 PM
Mine doesn't start up real fast..... it turns on but you have to run it for a minute or so before the machine will go full throttle. Otherwise you flood it and it turns right off.

That's the stratocharged engine for you.

A-Land
07-03-2008, 04:53 PM
Yeah but once it gets going..... can't be matched. We had two older units at the golf course that were old and beat up, but they still worked like champs.

It started easier today. She does like the gas though.

MysticLandscape
07-03-2008, 09:55 PM
The reason I went to NH was to get more fluid film and while i was there i bought a trimmer and he got the blower. Next time ill get promission before i cross the boarder sorry mica..

RedMax Man
07-03-2008, 10:21 PM
Yeah we went to Plaistow. I took a peak at the exmark walk behinds but the controls were so low!! I had to reach down way to far compared to my Scag.

As Tim noted, (something like this) "We're big guys. They arn't made for us" I've got to say every illegal I've seen running one looked mighty comfortable! lol
Dude im like 6' 2" at least so just using a trimmer a have to bend over a little. Whenever i have someone with me they always tighten the straps on the backpack blower all the way and i can't even get my arm thru it after.
The reason I went to NH was to get more fluid film and while i was there i bought a trimmer and he got the blower. Next time ill get promission before i cross the boarder sorry mica..

Fluim film, thats what i need. go take another road trip.

A-Land
07-04-2008, 01:02 AM
Tim that was a sight to be seen when we came back and you were using the new trimmer. Without a doubt one of the worst sights I've seen in a long time......... low balla

RedMax Man
07-04-2008, 12:29 PM
Did he get the 2601?

A-Land
07-05-2008, 01:01 AM
I think so. He said he got the top of the line one.... the guard was off 5 minutes after we got back to Peabody lol

RedMax Man
07-05-2008, 01:06 AM
I think so. He said he got the top of the line one.... the guard was off 5 minutes after we got back to Peabody lol

Its a status symbol to have the trimmer guard off LOL.

All the RedMax trimmers are top of the line so maybe he got the most powerful. I just took the guard off one if my trimmers cuz its wornout and the razor blade is gone.

A-Land
07-05-2008, 01:14 AM
Stihl put out a bulletin the other day saying NOT to take the guards off because the 4-mix engines can't take the added resistance of extra trimmer line. lol that's Shihl though..... the Redmax seemed plenty powerful

RedMax Man
07-05-2008, 01:19 AM
Stihl put out a bulletin the other day saying NOT to take the guards off because the 4-mix engines can't take the added resistance of extra trimmer line. lol that's Shihl though..... the Redmax seemed plenty powerful

Makes sence. but i hate gettin pelted by gravel and stuff in my face so i think they help a bit.

A-Land
07-05-2008, 01:23 AM
Well for actually guarding you from debris the Husqvarnas (sp) have that mammoth guard but I think it looks stupid. The Redmax and Echo have the small guard that really doesn't do much. I think it's really only there to hold the blade so that the line can be trimmed.

S man
07-05-2008, 01:58 PM

I can't use a stihl trimmer with a gaurd! They give you NO string with the gaurd on. But after using my 4 mix for a year the gearbox was whinning really bad grease and all. Sold. Back with redmax and very happy. The 2601 runs great and can handle extra string without trouble. I still don't know why I sold my 2600 years back????:dizzy::cry:

A-Land
07-05-2008, 06:02 PM
I don't know about Stihl...... A lot of people love them and swear by them, but I don't like them. I was going to get a BR 550 but they had way too much cheap plastic on them. Makes me think cheap components were used elsewhere too.....

Self_Paid1
07-05-2008, 08:14 PM
Boston feel You I prefer the Red Max and I am going to by the proslide Because I'm always up on raising the image up:weightlifter:

A-Land
07-05-2008, 08:20 PM
Make sure your machine can handle it.

lol I bet if I lost a few pounds I could increase productivity because the machine would pull faster...... but that's not going to happen

RedMax Man
07-05-2008, 11:11 PM
Make sure your machine can handle it.

lol I bet if I lost a few pounds I could increase productivity because the machine would pull faster...... but that's not going to happen

Whos bigger? U or Tim?

O no i'm diggin my own grave.:rolleyes:

A-Land
07-05-2008, 11:27 PM
I think I'm taller.... I'm not 100% sure I wasn't really paying attention to that lol. Bigger as far as fat goes, I don't know, probably me lol. The McDo's and beer diet suits Tim just fine haha jk

Who's bigger, you or Tim? lol

RedMax Man
07-05-2008, 11:34 PM
I think I'm taller.... I'm not 100% sure I wasn't really paying attention to that lol. Bigger as far as fat goes, I don't know, probably me lol. The McDo's and beer diet suits Tim just fine haha jk

Who's bigger, you or Tim? lol

Im taller and hes more compact. Hes fatter, im skinnier. Hes richer, I'm poorer. Hes drunk, Im sober. Hes dumb, Im dumber.

BTW he will eat it if you give him a bucket of ketchup to go with it LOL.

J&R Landscaping
07-05-2008, 11:37 PM

My ebz 7001 was bought new last fall. Probably has 75 hours on it or so it when it starts, it sounds like junk. I think mine has a bit of a knock too. Running mid grade fuel in it but i think detonnation may be the problem. It has great power but I'm not totally satisfied.

Nice pictures and stripes btw!

A-Land
07-05-2008, 11:42 PM
Im taller and hes more compact. Hes fatter, im skinnier. Hes richer, I'm poorer. Hes drunk, Im sober. Hes dumb, Im dumber.

BTW he will eat it if you give him a bucket of ketchup to go with it LOL.

Oh if we only knew where he was doing now...... lol I'm not sure he knows where he is..... :drinkup:

He's supposed to do 2 trucks of loam for me first thing Monday morning, that should be interesting. Hungover driving a blacked-out dump truck between a huge tree and a fence..... uh oh.

A-Land
07-05-2008, 11:43 PM
My ebz 7001 was bought new last fall. Probably has 75 hours on it or so it when it starts, it sounds like junk. I think mine has a bit of a knock too. Running mid grade fuel in it but i think detonnation may be the problem. It has great power but I'm not totally satisfied.

Nice pictures and stripes btw!

Hey thanks.... Yeah the first maybe 30 seconds it runs tough but I'm used to it. When you restart it anytime after that though, you're fine and it will throttle up fine.

RedMax Man
07-05-2008, 11:44 PM
Oh if we only knew where he was doing now...... lol I'm not sure he knows where he is..... :drinkup:

He's supposed to do 2 trucks of loam for me first thing Monday morning, that should be interesting. Hungover driving a blacked-out dump truck between a huge tree and a fence..... uh oh.

He told me bout that today but never said it was for another punk. ;

A-Land
07-05-2008, 11:51 PM
He mentioned your name and I said something about the stander, and I added a guy down the street has a centar. I'm pretty sure his comment was something on the lines of, "Why would I want something going up my butt the whole time?" (Edited, of course lol)

Self_Paid1
07-05-2008, 11:55 PM
RED MAX IT ITS:weightlifter:

RedMax Man
07-06-2008, 12:15 AM
He mentioned your name and I said something about the stander, and I added a guy down the street has a centar. I'm pretty sure his comment was something on the lines of, "Why would I want something going up my butt the whole time?" (Edited, of course lol)
Good point. Its like a bike seat. The stande is fine. Gotta be a fat lazy slouch to need that fold down seat.

Huh:confused:

A-Land
07-06-2008, 12:25 AM

:hammerhead::dizzy::drinkup:

S man
07-06-2008, 09:08 PM
Can I jump in the conversation??? Who's tim???

RedMax Man
07-06-2008, 10:24 PM

He is another landscaper that me and Josh (Advantage) both know that works in our area and we've both worked with him and he has helped us. He is out age.

MysticLandscape
07-06-2008, 11:27 PM
I am tim and the next time I see you two clowns im gunna use my new redmax on your legs. Last night when you were having this conversation I was by a nice campfire in NH having a few beers with my buddies and some lady friends (90 to be exact) and I wont be hung over tomrow when me an josh do that job so don't worry about it. Im going out now, ill check this post later on peace.

A-Land
07-06-2008, 11:56 PM
I am tim and the next time I see you two clowns im gunna use my new redmax on your legs. Last night when you were having this conversation I was by a nice campfire in NH having a few beers with my buddies and some lady friends (90 to be exact) and I wont be hung over tomrow when me an josh do that job so don't worry about it. Im going out now, ill check this post later on peace.

lol "I am Tim...."

90 lady friends? :weightlifter:

And if you had to buy :drinkup: for 90 lady friends..... :laugh: They better be light drinkers

See you at 7:40..... time for :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

A-Land
07-07-2008, 12:02 AM

A whacka :dizzy:

A-Land
07-07-2008, 12:03 AM
"F****, I dropped my f******* phone in the water earlier....." haha I can't wait to hear that story....

South Florida Lawns
07-07-2008, 01:24 AM
Nice but that trailer ain't gonna last ya long. Seen too many of those carry-on brands from Lowe's broke on the side of the road. Welds snap wheel bearings going to crap. You should have asked on here for a decent trailer. Good luck though

A-Land
07-07-2008, 01:34 AM
I got it for $550 bucks it's paid for itself already.... It's not the best but it does the job and is lightweight.... Fits just what I need. The quality is not A+ but it does the job for the money.

A better open trailer will probably be on the schedule sooner than later with trimmer/blower racks, etc... but I have a truck coming first. I try to take this one investment at a time....

MysticLandscape
07-07-2008, 07:45 AM
90 beers not girls, If it was 90 girls I would be in heaven. Off to work...

A-Land
07-07-2008, 02:39 PM
90 beers not girls, If it was 90 girls I would be in heaven. Off to work...

You would have also been broke.

Good work today, the lady was happy. :cool2:

MysticLandscape
07-08-2008, 07:25 PM
Another satisfied customer. I cleaned the dump for 3 hrs when I got home it looks better than it did the day i picked it up at the dealer.

A-Land
07-09-2008, 12:04 AM
I was talking to her about all the work that has to be done and she said she's going to get another estimate (Mine was around 3k, what you said.) The guy told her on the phone $1300 total. Even 20 yards of mulch for $1300 is not attainable. Including clean-up and trimming over 30 bushes? No way.

lol really? did the dump get the fluid film on the undercarriage as well? lol that truck was a mess. ur guy come back yet or is he still sick?

MysticLandscape
07-09-2008, 07:48 AM
If that guy will do it for 1300 hes on crackkk ill sub all my work to him an sleep everyday. The truck was a mess you should have seen what came out from behind the seat like a whole trash bag of stuff. No fluid film I had enough by the time I was done to start spraying that stuff around. Maybe next time. They stuff on there now is still holding strong even 5 month later. An yes he is back today going to get him now an hit the lawns..

A-Land
07-09-2008, 02:07 PM
We started at 7 this morning (new kid working) and finished around noon. Much better than starting later and ending at 1 or 2 or 3 when it's the hottest outside. I don't know how southern guys do it with 90+ degrees every day.... Hopefully some relief tomorrow. It's going to feel like winter when we get some temps back in the mid to low 70s.

Seeing as you don't drink coffee, what's your secret to getting up so damn early? I mean you go to bed late, barely sleep, and are on LS as 6:40. lol is the money that good? haha

A-Land
07-09-2008, 02:12 PM
He went over last night in the dark and left a note on the door. She says he didn't knock he just walked the yard in the dark and left it. $1250 for everything. Trim all bushes (30+), clean-out beds, edge, and mulch (20+ yards). Even if it was ONLY mulching he would be charging about $60 a yard and she wants the dyed brown @ $52.00 a yard or $48 a yard w/contractor discount. $12 profit on ONE yard of mulch, excluding delivery, etc? No way in hell.

I hope she goes with him and it turns out like crap. Then I can make $5k to fix it and do it right.

On the other hand, if it looks good, I have a list a mile long for him.

MysticLandscape
07-09-2008, 07:15 PM
If she has him do it let me know when and I will come up there an just sit out front an watch I want to see this one.

A-Land
07-09-2008, 09:01 PM
Me too. She said she wasn't sure about him..... lol Gee lady what gave that one away?

kreft
07-09-2008, 09:42 PM
Boston- check your pm's.

Junior M
07-09-2008, 10:58 PM
you talk about starting late the landscaper i work for pics me up at like 7:30 or eight when the humid is the worst and by the time we get done eating breakfast and usually have to go to the shop and load up..... so we dont usually start until 10 or even 11....

oooo well i love what i am doin and that is what matters........

A-Land
07-09-2008, 11:35 PM
you talk about starting late the landscaper i work for pics me up at like 7:30 or eight when the humid is the worst and by the time we get done eating breakfast and usually have to go to the shop and load up..... so we dont usually start until 10 or even 11....

oooo well i love what i am doin and that is what matters........

Hey whatever makes you happy.... I can never get anything done early in the morning non-work related. So the later I finish, the less of the day there is left. I'd rather work early, get done/pack-up/shower early, and still have most of the day left. (Hey - At 17, most of my friends are still in bed when I'm done at 12 or 1. It's like I don't work at all......sorta hahaha)

A-Land
07-09-2008, 11:36 PM
And you're lucky he picks you up! Not many jobs can you get a ride there from your boss. I bet it works out good for you though.

JTlawnService
07-15-2008, 10:36 AM
hey boston i was just wondering what size that trailer was because i will soon be purchasing a 48" scag but would also like to put a 21" on the trailer side ways with it and the trailer you have looks way to small to do that i was thinking a 5x10 would be fine for what i need to do but what size is yours??

A-Land
07-15-2008, 11:34 AM
My trailer is a 5 x 8. It fits fine, we bring a 21" with us maybe 75% of the time and it fits across the back just fine.

I got a pretty good deal because I just needed a cheapo trailer and the 5 x 8 is about the largest size that they make with the mesh floor (Saves money and a lot of weight). My opinion would be if you want to keep the trailer for a long time, make sure that you buy one with a wooden plank (not plywood) floor. It may cost a little more but it's worth it.

If you are thinking of expanding at all, get a 6 x 12 or something. But for a 48" scag and a 21" a 5 x 8 is fine and will do the job.

A-Land
07-15-2008, 11:36 AM
Going today to pick up the new Tacoma today. I know it's not a work truck but I need it for about 50% work and 50% commuting.

A-Land
07-15-2008, 11:36 AM
Oh yeah, and my girlfriend likes it the best :hammerhead: :dizzy: :hammerhead: :dizzy:

RedMax Man
07-15-2008, 10:09 PM
How do 90 people fit around a camp fire:confused:

I need a day off to clean my pickup.

deere615
07-15-2008, 11:46 PM
How do 90 people fit around a camp fire:confused:

I need a day off to clean my pickup.

Mine has been so dirty for the past 2 weeks, I just cleaned it tonight

MysticLandscape
07-16-2008, 12:23 AM
Who said anything about a camp fire an 90 people? You gutta come spend a night in peabody when my parents go away its gunna be a **** show lol

A-Land
07-16-2008, 01:06 AM
Uh god do we want to know what **** stands for

RedMax Man
07-17-2008, 10:55 PM
Who said anything about a camp fire an 90 people? You gutta come spend a night in peabody when my parents go away its gunna be a **** show lol

You said it. Where in peabody?

A-Land
10-26-2008, 07:16 PM
Alright.... Back to the top with this one. Haven't had a lot of time to take pics and I always forget my camera.......:dizzy:.

Anyway, just a quick one for now. I'll get more during the week of the new trailer, new walker, and some work so you know how I'm paying for it lol.

Kennedy Landscaping
10-26-2008, 07:56 PM
God man youve come a long way in the last few months!

A-Land
10-26-2008, 07:59 PM
You'll laugh when you see the new upgrades lol....
Night and Day

Kennedy Landscaping
10-26-2008, 08:04 PM
Well lets see these pictures man, its still daylight outside! lol

A-Land
10-26-2008, 08:13 PM
Nah not here... its pitch black. Everything's put away in the garage anyway.

RedMax Man
10-26-2008, 11:53 PM
the bed on that Yota is the size of a bathroom stall.

A-Land
10-26-2008, 11:56 PM
the bed on that Yota is the size of a bathroom stall.

Haha I know.... I spent 3 months looking for a double cab long bed... none came up. So I bit the bullet.

It was only a foot shorter than the bed on the ranger, so I can't say I'm missing much. It would be nice to have a larger one though, that's for sure.

SNAPPER MAN
10-26-2008, 11:58 PM
Good choice on the toyota. I got a tundra this year and looked at a double cab long bed but it looked terrible. I got the short bed because it is still a personal truck and I dont wanna be driving bus everywhere lol. Does your tacoma have the V6?

A-Land
10-27-2008, 12:04 AM
Yeah of course it has the V6...... an I4 towing a 6 x 12 trailer sounds kinda funny.......

SNAPPER MAN
10-27-2008, 12:37 AM
I know lol. I just thought I'd ask lol.

A-Land
10-27-2008, 12:44 AM
I know lol. I just thought I'd ask lol.

See I have to use it to commute to college next year, so...... a V8 really would have been overkill. Otherwise I would have gone with like a Ford F150 or F250 if I was just going to drive it around locally.

Danielslawnservice
10-27-2008, 03:55 PM
Lets see that walker and some stripes!!!

A-Land
10-27-2008, 06:23 PM
Tomorrow I'll get some pics..... today is a prep day

lawn crafters
10-27-2008, 07:58 PM
wait you got a walker?

A-Land
10-30-2008, 06:28 PM
wait you got a walker?

Yes sir....

A-Land
10-30-2008, 06:30 PM
The New Rig.....

A-Land
10-30-2008, 06:33 PM
The new walker.....

48" MT 26hp EFI

Got it as a demo for over 3k below list price. A good investment for full time mowing next year.

A-Land
10-30-2008, 06:36 PM
Getting the hang of it....

Sorry about the last picture... its out of order

MysticLandscape
10-30-2008, 06:39 PM
I think im gunna write a letter to walker an demand a comission cause your about the 5th person thats tried my walker for the first time, then has gone out an bought one. It must have the magic touch.

A-Land
10-30-2008, 06:39 PM
It's still a tight fit. I would have liked to gone with the 14' trailer, but..... gotta make it work. :cool2:

A-Land
10-30-2008, 06:41 PM
I think im gunna write a letter to walker an demand a comission cause your about the 5th person thats tried my walker for the first time, then has gone out an bought one. It must have the magic touch.

I figured out the steering in about two mins..... Didn't rip up any turf at all thankfully.

When I drove yours I didn't understand you could pull both levers back at once to make a correct turn :hammerhead: Now I get it.

MysticLandscape
10-30-2008, 06:44 PM
You did fine the day you used it down here, if i wasnt in a rush to go where ever i was going, forget where, I would of let you use it more..

Kglenn04
10-30-2008, 06:46 PM
damn nice sir

A-Land
10-30-2008, 06:50 PM
You did fine the day you used it down here, if i wasnt in a rush to go where ever i was going, forget where, I would of let you use it more..

Haha every time I turned I tore up a chunk of grass.....

I think you were too angry at that guy that was out sitting on his bench the entire time we were cutting.....

I also think you weren't so into running that RedMax string trimmer with shorts and flipflops on...

A-Land
10-30-2008, 06:52 PM
Ill get some more pictures on Saturday. Tonight and tomorrow are my last two days for college applications... so I had to cut the schedule short.

MysticLandscape
10-30-2008, 07:39 PM
Haha every time I turned I tore up a chunk of grass.....

I think you were too angry at that guy that was out sitting on his bench the entire time we were cutting.....

I also think you weren't so into running that RedMax string trimmer with shorts and flipflops on...

shhhh i dont need the osha representatives from the site on my case again...

RedMax Man
10-30-2008, 10:38 PM

Ya i hear you. Feel the same way bout the Stander. Everybody that sees it starts asking questions and trying it out. By next summer everyone and his brother is gonna be riding Wright.

Josh it looks nice. just take the rental stickers and stuff off so you don't look like a scrub who can't afford to buy his own machine.

A-Land
10-30-2008, 10:49 PM
Ya i hear you. Feel the same way bout the Stander. Everybody that sees it starts asking questions and trying it out. By next summer everyone and his brother is gonna be riding Wright.

Josh it looks nice. just take the rental stickers and stuff off so you don't look like a scrub who can't afford to buy his own machine.

Haha I know I need to...

They wrote it with some sort of paint pen on the GHS body so I have to get it off some way...

That will be my project for tomorrow haha

lawn crafters
10-30-2008, 10:56 PM
try ooops!!!

lawn crafters
10-30-2008, 10:57 PM

not to nag you but i just want you to know that i am still interested if you want to sell the walker after this season.

RedMax Man
10-30-2008, 11:06 PM
not to nag you but i just want you to know that i am still interested if you want to sell the walker after this season.

Ok. Mind sending me a pm with your name and i'll write it down so if i do decide to sell it i'm not racking my brain on who it was that was interested in it?

Kglenn04
11-03-2008, 11:39 PM
Ooops forgot to attach them.

i see your trailer has a stright arm running from the truck to the trailer does that help for backing up into spaces or is it still pretty much the same as a basic trailer

A-Land
11-04-2008, 07:06 PM
i see your trailer has a stright arm running from the truck to the trailer does that help for backing up into spaces or is it still pretty much the same as a basic trailer

Huh? :confused:

RedMax Man
11-04-2008, 07:12 PM
Huh? :confused:

I was trying to make heads or tails outta that last night:confused:

A-Land
11-04-2008, 07:19 PM
I think he means my old trailer.....

Um it doesn't affect it at all... If it did affect maneuvering, that would mean you were jack knifing the trailer... which is not recommended.

Just cast my vote for the Juan McCain and Caribou Barbie...

RedMax Man
11-04-2008, 07:36 PM
I think he means my old trailer.....

Um it doesn't affect it at all... If it did affect maneuvering, that would mean you were jack knifing the trailer... which is not recommended.

Just cast my vote for the Juan McCain and Caribou Barbie...

Smart move:usflag:

lawn crafters
11-04-2008, 07:44 PM
Smart move:usflag:

i second that

Dodge Truck
11-12-2008, 09:00 PM
Where are the pics?

A-Land
11-12-2008, 09:31 PM
What do you want to see? lol

I'm all up to date until Saturday, Bruins game tomorrow.