PDA

View Full Version : vacuum system for exmark

cliffy
12-25-2001, 06:29 PM
I am shopping around for a vacuum system for my 52" exmark laser liquid cooled mower. Does any one run the ultra vac system? Do you prefer a system with it's own power unit and why? I will be running this in cemeteries as well as open mowing.

LAWNGODFATHER
12-25-2001, 09:13 PM
Since you have LC you cannot have the dump from the seat option yet.

www.lawnvac.com Peco Vac

Blue Bird, Trac Vac, Exmark Ultra Vac, all I can think of right now.

http://www.lawngodfather.com/photogallery/photo11982/lazer%20w%20pico%20vac3.jpg

I preferr the seprate engine, less strain on the rest of the mower. And when the blades bog down it still sucks good.

65hoss
12-27-2001, 07:01 PM
I have the ultra vac, and it does a really nice job. It goes on and off without any tools in about 20 seconds. No secondary motor to worry about, and it does very little to drag the motor or the rpm's down. I have run the original belt for 2 leaf seasons and 1 spring cleanup season and it still looks great.

odin
12-27-2001, 08:47 PM
I agree with 65hoss its a good bagger for leaves and you can pickem up wet
And if you bagg grass it baggs it wet to.

cliffy
12-28-2001, 09:19 AM
Thanks so much for your responses. We are thinking about using the ultra vac with the factory bags and .....also rigging it up to blow into a tow behind trailer. The bags come in handy in places where I can't dump nearby and the trailer is good for large volume pick up in a cemetery where I can easily dump in the woods. Does anyone have any experience with working with a unit that is rigged to switch? Any ideas?