PDA

View Full Version : Proslide Users

delphied
05-30-2008, 10:43 PM
Do you use a Proslide with a gear drive or hydro? Can you ride it during turns and in reverse? How do you like it?

syzer
05-30-2008, 11:41 PM
Hydro
Yes
No
Love them!

=)

02DURAMAX
05-31-2008, 02:56 AM
Hydro
Yes
No
Love them!

=)

Ditto!!.....

newtostone
05-31-2008, 09:53 AM
You can make turns. even while pulling one wheel back slitghy but the slide will start to retract. Backing up wont happen, hydro only and they are pretty cool. Not sure if i love it but it does what it needs to, i think the highest point of it for myself is the ability to take it on and off without really having to take it off. Just step on up and its out of the way for really tight areas nothing beats it and hills. well let us know what you do and best of luck this season

delphied
05-31-2008, 10:53 AM
You can make turns. even while pulling one wheel back slitghy but the slide will start to retract. Backing up wont happen, hydro only and they are pretty cool. Not sure if i love it but it does what it needs to, i think the highest point of it for myself is the ability to take it on and off without really having to take it off. Just step on up and its out of the way for really tight areas nothing beats it and hills. well let us know what you do and best of luck this season

Good info, TY. I am deciding between a stander or a WB with Proslide and the reason I like the WB idea is for hills and the sides of ditches and other tight spots. Sounds like you answered that question well. TY

naturescape
05-31-2008, 10:08 PM
You certainly CAN use the Proslide with belt drives, and I have on several mowers -- Exmarks and Scags. You can also turn on it in most cases.

You CAN'T back up with one in general, buy you can back up about a foot or so with it. To do this, leave one foot on the slide and take one off. You have to use it a bit to see what I mean, but I often do this to trim with the mower around a tree or sign.

delphied
05-31-2008, 10:14 PM
You certainly CAN use the Proslide with belt drives, and I have on several mowers -- Exmarks and Scags. You can also turn on it in most cases.

You CAN'T back up with one in general, buy you can back up about a foot or so with it. To do this, leave one foot on the slide and take one off. You have to use it a bit to see what I mean, but I often do this to trim with the mower around a tree or sign.

Im thinking that the hydro is easier to turn around without tearing turf because of the ability to reverse without shifting. Is that the main advantage over a belt drive or are there others? While I am at it, Fixed or Floating? THX

naturescape
05-31-2008, 10:18 PM
Im thinking that the hydro is easier to turn around without tearing turf because of the ability to reverse without shifting. Is that the main advantage over a belt drive or are there others? While I am at it, Fixed or Floating? THX

If you make a wide turn, the proslide will do fine with a belt drive.

Hydros beat a belt drive in almost every way.

Floating decks for me from now on! Not really mandatory though.

dura to the max
05-31-2008, 10:24 PM
i love mine. i can back slightly, and turn w/ no problem. ive had it on hydro's and belt drives. hydro is better, but its pk on a belt drive. i like a hydro for the reverse, tighter areas, and it pulls a heavier person better. it also pulls better in the wet grass (dew, or damp from last nights rain). on a gear drive the drive belts tend to slip more in the morning and while its wet.