PDA

View Full Version : Hustler Super Z or Exmark Lazer?

wildbilly1113
12-25-2001, 07:55 PM
I need some opinions.I currently have a JD 665 and Exmark Metro 36.For 2002 I want to buy either a Hustler Super Z or Exmark 60in. LC.Any suggestions would be welcomed. Sure glad I found Lawnsite. Merry Christmas! Hardy Boys Lawn Service

gene gls
12-25-2001, 08:34 PM
Hustler....I demoed a 60" Z with the Bac-Vac, very nice, thats my next unit..A friend had a Lazer and got rid of it after only one year because of too many close calls on slopes.

Gene

wildbilly1113
12-25-2001, 08:39 PM
Thanks! Contrary to popular opinion ,My JD 665 is horrible on hills. A plus for Hustler!

LAWNGODFATHER
12-25-2001, 09:07 PM
Split desision.

Ford, Chevy, GMC, and Dodge.

lee b
12-25-2001, 10:03 PM
If your M665 is terrible on hills, then you better get a 72" mower, because that's the only one with a wider wheelbase, which is what helps keep you on a slope sideways. Just about all 60" z have the same distance between the rear wheels, if the center of gravity is low, the wheelbase is the only other big thing that will effect slope-holding ability. My M665 will hold to slopes that I have trouble walking on, alot has to do with the operator.:D

Mowingman
12-25-2001, 10:35 PM
I agree with Lee on this one. While my 665 was generally a piece of junk, (in my opinion), it held to slopes better than any other 60" ztr machine I have ever run. I mow a berm that screens a landfill. this berm is 3,000 feet long, up to 20' high, and varies from a 1.5:1 to a 2.0:1 slope. It is built of very loose material and is rough. I could run the 665 across this slope in most places without it sliding downhill. The front tire on the uphill side was actually lifting off of the ground it was so steep. On the steepest areas, i could mow going uphill and then back down to the bottom without going into a slide. It seemed to have a much lower center of gravity than most machines. I just wish mine would have been more reliable.:(

John DiMartino
12-25-2001, 10:58 PM
Having not demod an Exmark, i cant comment on it,but i can tell you the Hustler flat out smokes my Dixie Chopper,which is supposed to be right with an Exmark.The Huslter is extremely well built and engineered,cuts perfect,even at insane speeds,and is simple,and easy to service.

crazygator
12-25-2001, 11:34 PM
Either mower would be awesome. I think you need to look at the dealer. Also if they can get parts, plus give you a demo machine if your machine is down. Look closely at the dealer and you will find your answer.

ScottH
12-26-2001, 07:25 AM
Your best bet is to demo both, and then see which one you like.

You can check out www.excelhustler.com - go to their dealer page and see which dealer(s) are closer to you. Then call them and arrange demo's

Happy Mowing and Happy Holidays.

Scott H

rebel2002
12-26-2001, 10:37 PM
HILLS get a hustler 6400 for about 30 grand...I have one and love it 6wheel drive, tilts into the hills.......but the hustler z handles almost as many hills as the 6400 will....I am going all hustler next year they ar built so much better...and easier service....smoother operation...and hustler service is better too...just last week i had a problem..i pulled a hose and emptied my hydro res and messed up an o ring instead of rebuilding they replaced the whole hydro system under warrenty

Equipguy
12-27-2001, 06:17 AM
Both are Great machines. Really comes down to the dealer. You may also want to ck various parts pricing to compare the units.

65hoss
12-27-2001, 06:47 PM
LGF is correct. Its like having the Ford vs. Chevy debate. Crazygator is right on with the dealer being your 1st question.

Can't say anything about Hustler's customer service, but eXmarks factory support is unbelievable. They truely want to be known for the best customer service in the biz.

mowerconsultant
12-28-2001, 10:19 AM
As I have stated in the past Hustler's service is second to none !!
All the guys in our service dept have been there for a minimum of 20 years.
They know the product and will bend over backwards for anyone !
As stated in a earlier post, demo demo demo I think the Hustler will come out on top.....

Later
Pj

steve122
12-28-2001, 10:58 AM
I bought 2 60 LC Lazer z's last year and loved them. Am going to buy 2 more for this year, and probably 2 more the following year to replace older mowers. We love em. Have Great Danes and Encores also and everyone wants 2 throw rocks at them after using the Z's. Would buy the 31 HP versions if I could justify the extra 4000. I don't have any experience with Hustler, but my brother in law and his son have bought 4 in the last year, trading in new style (2 yr old) Grasshoppers for them. They love them. So, no help, just opinion.