PDA

View Full Version : Blowe stolen today as my employees watched!

Evan528
05-31-2008, 03:43 PM
I had my guys working on a commercial property today. At 10AM I get a phone call saying the redmax BP blower they had with them just got stollen. Supposidly a guy pulled in the parking lot.....then went up to my employee and asked him for a business card. My employee said sorry I dont have any more on me but the number is on the truck. They proceeded to go back to work... the next thing they saw was this guy grabbing the blower and throwing it into his car and speeding off. Unfortunately they only got part of the license plate number. There went today profit. The POS is lucky I wasnt there.... I probly would have chased him with the truck and wound up killing that low life.:nono:

zemzabob
05-31-2008, 03:51 PM
Wow what a piece of chit sorry about the loss hopefully he gets whats coming to him.

KrayzKajun
05-31-2008, 04:09 PM
teach ya employees how to chase people!!

Paradise Landscapes
05-31-2008, 04:39 PM
Thats' why the 357 mag sits under the seat. Seriously, I keep all things locked up untill use.

J & B Lawncare
06-01-2008, 04:42 PM
Hello All

I carry a weapon and support anyone who does so legaly. However it needs to be on your person. Under seat, in a glove box or locked in a equipment locker does no one any good and might just put it in the wrong hands

Thanks

DBL
06-01-2008, 05:30 PM
a partial tag and description of the car will get you further than you think...file a police report

txgrassguy
06-02-2008, 07:31 PM
I have been stolen from before both on the job site and right in front of my home too!
My beautiful, peace loving, jump in your lap pointing lab has become my best deterrent so far.
Just last week she was in the back seat of one of my crew cabs (I had several at a job site) when all of a sudden I hear a maddened barking, a dude wailing and me and my foreman go hauling butt to the truck (about sixty yards away around a building corner).
The dog has a dude "treed" on top of a car, a Stihl hand trimmer, a FX 100 RS and a Stihl 600 series blower are on the ground by the car.
The dude has the cops on his phone saying he was "attacked" by my dog, cops show up, all of whom I know, question the guy who denies everything then turn to me.
I tell the cops all hand equipment is stored on the trailers, nothing is left on the ground and since I was at the trailer literally two minutes before this happened I knew everything was in their respective racks.
Cops say no problem and are getting into their cars when the little old lady who owns the car the dude got "treed" on wants to know who is going to pay for the roof damage.
Yep, sure enough the roof is dented in so the cops questions the guy a bit more, he has a minor warrant so off to jail he goes.
I run into the Chief of Police at my primary equipment dealer's building, and he says good job to me, pats my dog on her head and we shake hands.
Only in Texas :)

razor1
06-02-2008, 07:56 PM
Sounds like one daring guy, how many workers saw him? I hope it wasn't an inside job or a dishonest employee(s)? Keep an eye on Pawn shops and Craigslist.

kleankutslawn
06-03-2008, 07:53 PM
sorry to here that

freshprince94
06-03-2008, 09:14 PM
That stinks. I had a brand new extended-reach grabber stolen off my trailer last week. Not much but it still pissed me off.

stroker51
06-03-2008, 10:26 PM
I guess we are just in a good location as far as the demographics of people. I lock up when i leave the rig for more than a few minutes, lunch or something of the sort. But other than that never a problem. I know of one guy who works about 30 miles away in a bigger town that has had a Red Max EBZ8000 blower stolen from his rig, but that is it. I am really grateful we don't have to worry about this here. I know my guys would stop somebody or at least chase them if they did that. One of my old employees would have probably thrown something at him to slow him down, then made him think twice about stealing, he respected me a bunch and hated theives

xxl
06-15-2008, 10:53 PM
Send crews to racing school that way the can out drive the pos