PDA

View Full Version : Human Cockfighting

FIMCO-MEISTER
06-01-2008, 09:09 AM
Anybody watch that MMA stuff last night? I've watched half and will speed to the other fights later today but I've decided that is not a sport I'm going to add to my sport following repertoire. They lost me when BUSTHA RHYMES performed. Looks like they are trying to attract the 30 year old strip joint crowd. Didn't know that group had so much disposable income.

AI Inc
06-01-2008, 09:12 AM
Clicked back and forth during red sox commercials. Right up there with pro wrestling and monster truck shows in my opinion. Never saw it before , will not be looking for it again anytime soon.
Saturday night tv is quite lame.

DanaMac
06-01-2008, 10:15 AM
A couple of friends keep inviting me over for these kind of fights. I usually turn them down. Don't care for it.

Wet_Boots
06-01-2008, 10:23 AM
You were supposed to be watching NHL Stanley Cup finals last night.

DanaMac
06-01-2008, 10:33 AM

I watched some of it. I like the Penguins. Good young team. Will be tough to beat for years to come. We went and saw the new Indy Jones movie. I give it a B.

Flow Control
06-01-2008, 12:33 PM
Seems like the refs stopped every fight way to early and if that was a concession for the network then I would rather watch it on PPV or a cable channel. I have followed MMA for a couple of years and can appreciate a good fight. FWIW: Don't let your wife order the PPV's, last weeks fight cost me $90.

FIMCO-MEISTER
06-01-2008, 12:52 PM

I watched. When the Wings get a lead they are almost impossible to beat. PP blew it when they had that 5 on 3.

Wet_Boots
06-01-2008, 12:56 PM
I think about the only positive thing I can recall about the 'human cockfighting' was one tough-man competition, or something like it, where one combatant came into the center of the ring with a style that belonged in an Abbot & Costello movie, which bewildered his opponent for most of the round, until said opponent landed a straight right and ended the comedy.

Without A Drought
06-01-2008, 06:35 PM
I missed the main event, but i've been watching Kimbo's youtube videos. they're pretty funny to watch... not that i'd step up to him but i do like watching him knock people out.

pg

irrig8r
06-01-2008, 09:04 PM
I prefer watching Iron Chef (the original Japanese one) actually....

Or maybe one of those wacky Asian game/ reality/ prank shows... saw one recently where they installed hidden elevators in port-a-potties that exposed unwitting participants when a timer went off and the roof popped open...

Wacky Asian TV with Chinese take out and Tsing Tao beer... my idea of a wild time.

WalkGood
06-02-2008, 12:28 AM
Like someone said earlier, not much was on TV last night late.... I actually watched Kimbo match and the one before it. Kimbo is a scary "mo-fo".

IA_James
06-02-2008, 11:32 AM
Like someone said earlier, not much was on TV last night late.... I actually watched Kimbo match and the one before it. Kimbo is a scary "mo-fo".

Scary lookin, yes. Scary talent, not so much. Just about any of the UFC's guys would have mopped the ring with him, his stand up isn't that good, and he has approximately zero ground skills. He's got alot of work to do if he wants to actually be a world class fighter.