PDA

View Full Version : Dana Mac

AI Inc
06-01-2008, 08:34 AM
So Dana, what can ya tell me about fishing the San jaun ( sp) river?
Im a trout ( or salmon , coldwater ) guy.

DanaMac
06-01-2008, 09:01 AM
Haven't fished the San Juan. Near me we have the Arkansas and the S. Platte. I go up to the Aspen area once or twice a year, and hit the frying Pan and/or the Roaring Fork. Yampa up in Steamboat. I'm not a huge fisherman. But I enjoy it a lot. I think I enjoy the hiking or rafting better. Hopefully the rivers in Montana will be fishable in July. Brother says they are flood stage like and nasty brown right now.

AI Inc
06-01-2008, 09:04 AM
I fished the teton on the Idaho side of the range for a few hrs during a Sturgis bike week trip a few yrs back. GF is hinting about a vaca . Im kinda leaning towards the henrys fork and that area. I have rad about the San Jaun and it definatly caughtmy interest.

DanaMac
06-01-2008, 09:13 AM
I fished the teton on the Idaho side of the range for a few hrs during a Sturgis bike week trip a few yrs back. GF is hinting about a vaca . Im kinda leaning towards the henrys fork and that area. I have rad about the San Jaun and it definatly caughtmy interest.

I love the Durango (SW Colorado) area. We go there in late January every year for their winter festival which includes a balloon rally. So we drag the balloon down in mid winter, sometimes fly, sometimes not. but I haven't been down that way during the summer in a long time. GF and I had recently talked of moving there, until she fund the new job. there was a possible job for her if she wanted to pursue it.

FIMCO-MEISTER
06-01-2008, 11:54 AM
Get a guide for the San Juan. It is a heavily fished river and has some nice trout but my understanding for the first timer a guide is critical.

Mike Leary
06-01-2008, 03:27 PM
The San Juan runs into the four corners area and heads to Glen Canyon, pretty muddy
by then, but Monument Valley & Goosenecks should be seen.

DanaMac
06-01-2008, 07:41 PM
The San Juan runs into the four corners area and heads to Glen Canyon, pretty muddy
by then, but Monument Valley & Goosenecks should be seen.

When do you mean "by then"?

Yeah, San Juan is down by Durango, CO. San Juan mountain range.

Mike Leary
06-01-2008, 08:05 PM
When do you mean "by then"? .

Oh, it's muddy all the way from the point-of-connection?

DanaMac
06-01-2008, 08:10 PM
Oh, it's muddy all the way from the point-of-connection?

I'm lost :dizzy:

Look, birds! Where's my dinner? Is the game over yet? Time to make the donuts!

it's that attention span thing :)

CAPT Stream Rotar
06-01-2008, 08:51 PM
I'm lost :dizzy:

it's that attention span thing :)

or amount of beers you have had!

Mike Leary
06-01-2008, 09:16 PM
Muddy water around four corners; that's all I meant.

DanaMac
06-01-2008, 09:51 PM
Muddy water around four corners; that's all I meant.

oK, I was just a little lost somehow....

FIMCO-MEISTER
06-02-2008, 06:26 AM
oK, I was just a little lost somehow....

Mike is a practitioner of NW prose. Don't try to comprehend just visualize and feel.

DanaMac
06-02-2008, 08:49 AM
Don't try to comprehend just visualize and feel.

Yes Obi wan. I can feel the force.