PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on new site.

extlights
06-01-2008, 10:16 AM
Just looking for some feedback on our new site. I think it turned out pretty well. We're going to get some more higher quality pictures of our work, but I don't think the ones on there are too bad for now.

www.extlights.com

Bill S
06-01-2008, 11:42 AM
Layout looks good, now read some of the posts below for more info on search engine optimization.

zemzabob
06-01-2008, 11:47 AM
Looks good easy to navigate and layout is good just the pics looking better is all that I see nice site.

DoubleJ
06-22-2008, 12:09 PM
Very nice and professional looking site!! Did you do it yourself?

Team-Green L&L
06-22-2008, 01:54 PM
Just looking for some feedback on our new site. I think it turned out pretty well. We're going to get some more higher quality pictures of our work, but I don't think the ones on there are too bad for now.

www.extlights.com

You must have a wide screen monitor because you have a site that looks great, but is too wide for a 15" monitor and the user must scroll over. That is a small "no-no", but should be addressed.

Also, try saving your pics as .gif files as much as possible. Areas like galleries, which contain many pics, will load much quicker and keep the users attention by using the .gif format instead of the .jpg format we are so used to.

Jb3NH
06-24-2008, 06:51 AM
I like it! First thing i noticed at the get go was that it's a fast loading site.

Nice work

steveparrott
06-24-2008, 05:44 PM
Sorry, but I don't like black backgrounds. It makes the text hard to read and is tiring on the eyes. It also makes the site seem heavy and tends to evoke negative feelings. Black is scary, black is void of light. While a black background makes intellectual sense for a lighting site; it is a turn-off for people who tend to navigate sites with light pastel backgrounds. Many lighting sites go for black backgrounds, and I don't like any of them - sorry.

I also suggest you work on taking better photos. Many of the photos are taken too early so the lighting effect loses impact. Also, in many of the photos the fixtures aren't aimed well - hot spots on lower parts of the walls and trees, side-by-side beams that are not symmetrical, lantern-type path lights that glare into the lens.

Aside from that, I'd say your site is in the top 10% of lighting sites I've seen.