PDA

View Full Version : Trudeau Landscape Co.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RedMax Man
06-01-2008, 09:57 PM
This is going to be where i post all my pics of work, equipment and other random stuff. I turned 19 today and have been in business for the past 3 years. I'm fully insured and have one guy about my age that works for me too. I do carry worker's comp. I own and paid out right for all my equipment and truck.

Questions, comments, criticism... bring it on because i have too many pics.

Pastaboy62
06-01-2008, 10:00 PM
those stander's are nice looking machines

BUCKEYE MOWING
06-01-2008, 10:01 PM
Happy Bday! Good luck in the future

Chestnut Oaks Prez
06-01-2008, 10:01 PM
Nice stuff kid!!!!!!!!:)

N.H.BOY
06-01-2008, 10:11 PM
Damn I STILL love that truck..:dancing: That will be my second truck if I dont get a used dump.

RedMax Man
06-01-2008, 10:12 PM
Small bark mulch job. Nothing special.

Matts lawn care
06-01-2008, 10:17 PM
Happy Birthday! Is it just me or did you recently paint the side boards? anyhow they look great! I wish I had a place to dump besides the landfill.

RedMax Man
06-01-2008, 10:23 PM
Some grass

RedMax Man
06-01-2008, 10:36 PM
Truck pics LOL

Thats where i dump my junk...

MysticLandscape
06-01-2008, 10:37 PM
Happy birthday you wacka.

lifetree
06-01-2008, 10:38 PM
Nice equipment !! Both the Walker and the Wright Stander do very nice work ... congratulations on having everything paid off.

RedMax Man
06-01-2008, 10:44 PM
Another tiny mulch jobs.

RedMax Man
06-01-2008, 10:49 PM
Here's a cheezy little mulch job but it cost $390 to do 3 yard of mulch. Quick and very easy.

RedMax Man
06-01-2008, 10:58 PM
More mulch

RedMax Man
06-01-2008, 11:09 PM
and more mulch

Lawn Enforcer
06-01-2008, 11:38 PM
Wow, you were not kidding when you said you have a lot of pics!

Looks great!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Runner
06-01-2008, 11:40 PM
Looking great, and keep up the nice work! It is shots like these that inspire many people to do the best they can. Happy birthday!:)

PlatinumLandCon
06-01-2008, 11:45 PM
Wow you guys like the mulch down there. I hardly see people using it here. Nice setup though!

farmerkev
06-01-2008, 11:47 PM
That last property should invest more in the lawn than mulch right now, but luckliy for you, thats not the case, unless you do their lawn also.

CandCLandscaping
06-01-2008, 11:47 PM
very nice, you have come a long way from that cart and toro walk behind!!!

Supper Grassy
06-01-2008, 11:52 PM
Nice Pics, i look forward to seeing more

Danielslawnservice
06-01-2008, 11:53 PM
very nice (borat voice)

RedMax Man
06-02-2008, 12:02 AM
Damn I STILL love that truck..:dancing: That will be my second truck if I dont get a used dump.
Way to many people are hitting on my truck but thanks for the comment.
Happy Birthday! Is it just me or did you recently paint the side boards? anyhow they look great! I wish I had a place to dump besides the landfill.
No i didn't paint the sideboards recently or even this year. Where i dump it gets turned back into loam and then sold to the nursery where i buy my mulch, loam and plants.

Nice equipment !! Both the Walker and the Wright Stander do very nice work ... congratulations on having everything paid off.
Thanks. its a good combo
Wow, you were not kidding when you said you have a lot of pics!

Looks great!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Thanks kiddo ya i'll have plenty more.
Looking great, and keep up the nice work! It is shots like these that inspire many people to do the best they can. Happy birthday!:)
Always trying to improve, thanks for the support.
Wow you guys like the mulch down there. I hardly see people using it here. Nice setup though!
O ya huge business here doing mulch.
That last property should invest more in the lawn than mulch right now, but luckliy for you, thats not the case, unless you do their lawn also.
I'm working with the owner on possibly doing some lawn renovation there now. Nobody lives there and the house will be going on the market. I do the lawn mowing too.
Yeah i sure have, guess you've been watching me.
very nice (borat voice)

LOL

02DURAMAX
06-02-2008, 12:14 AM
NIce Work!! everything looks Great!!

Petr51488
06-02-2008, 01:09 AM
Nice Equipment! Just curious though. I assume you bag your grass. I do the same, and have the same problem. Do you have to dump your clippings before you're able to do any mulch jobs? I keep all my clippings in my dump trailer. I get about 10 yards of clippings in 2 weeks. I buy most of my mulch by the pallet (bags) simply because its easier to handle, and unload. The only way i benefit with bulk mulch is when i do 10+ yards.. Otherwise it's not worth saving 50 or so bucks. Looks good, keep it up. I would invest in a dump trailer. Once you get one, you'll wonder how you ever got along without it. I love mine.

TwistedSister
06-02-2008, 01:17 AM

I think that your thinking of S man.

Bull
06-02-2008, 03:24 AM
Nice looking rig and keep working smart and hard. By the way where did that raccoon get to?

Lawn Enforcer
06-02-2008, 05:37 AM
I think that your thinking of S man.

No, Micah started out that way and he has grown into the professional company we see. Just search through his threads from back in the dizzay, some humble beginnings to what it is now.

CandCLandscaping
06-02-2008, 11:14 AM
i just remember that thread was one of the first ones i went through when i first joined lawnsite. Anyways it is still pretty damn impressive!

HoneyBabe
06-02-2008, 12:13 PM
Nice work on the properties, the trucks and equipment are clean and looking good.Looking forward to more pictures

RedMax Man
06-02-2008, 12:40 PM
Nice Equipment! Just curious though. I assume you bag your grass. I do the same, and have the same problem. Do you have to dump your clippings before you're able to do any mulch jobs? I keep all my clippings in my dump trailer. I get about 10 yards of clippings in 2 weeks. I buy most of my mulch by the pallet (bags) simply because its easier to handle, and unload. The only way i benefit with bulk mulch is when i do 10+ yards.. Otherwise it's not worth saving 50 or so bucks. Looks good, keep it up. I would invest in a dump trailer. Once you get one, you'll wonder how you ever got along without it. I love mine.
I do bag grass sometimes but most of the time i don't or dump onsite. Yes i do dump any debris in the dump before i haul mulch or loam. Sometime i will get a dump trailer maybe but i need a second truck too if i want to use both. They are very handy thats for sure. Thanks!
Nice looking rig and keep working smart and hard. By the way where did that raccoon get to?
I'm trying. Ahh that was just one of the many figurines at that house. The one beside the base of that tree right.
Nice work on the properties, the trucks and equipment are clean and looking good.Looking forward to more pictures
Thanks, To tell you the truth my rig is one of the better and more professional, well cared for fleets in my area. I hate to come across as always bragging but thats the truth. Many companys here don't have any real care about their image but for others its an important aspect of the company.

RedMax Man
06-02-2008, 12:53 PM
No, Micah started out that way and he has grown into the professional company we see. Just search through his threads from back in the dizzay, some humble beginnings to what it is now.
Yup i started with nothing expect for the Honda 21" mower and worked my way yp.
i just remember that thread was one of the first ones i went through when i first joined lawnsite. Anyways it is still pretty damn impressive!

Haha thanks, here are a few old pics...
They are from 2005 and 2006.
It makes me laugh just looking at them:laugh: Those were the days...

BTW i still have that wagon and i keep the Billy Goat leaf loader on its so i can move it more easily.

Lawn Enforcer
06-02-2008, 01:28 PM
Well, you did have a lot better trimmers and blower than most people have when they start out. I had a Ryobi trimmer and a Craftsman blower!

Turtle Creek Lawn Care
06-02-2008, 04:52 PM
RedMax Man

In one of your pics. you made a new mulch bed around what looked to be a tree stump, what did you use for that? Brown Bed Edger? Also, I know this will probably sound stupid but... where do you get those small green trash cans from?

Thanks
Ryan :)

Youngone07
06-02-2008, 05:19 PM
that stander is a gift from god!!!!!!! How much did you have to fork over for that beauty?

mike33087
06-02-2008, 07:48 PM
looks good man, you've come along way. its nice to see other younger guys doing well

tls22
06-02-2008, 07:59 PM
Matchbox 20 said it best"Lets see how far we've come".....Nice stuff man...keep up the good work!:weightlifter:

Travis E
06-02-2008, 08:19 PM
All of you work looks really good! You should be an insperation to most of the young ones on here. Keep up the good work and keep the pictures coming, everyone loves the pictures!

N.H.BOY
06-02-2008, 08:43 PM
RedMax Man

In one of your pics. you made a new mulch bed around what looked to be a tree stump, what did you use for that? Brown Bed Edger? Also, I know this will probably sound stupid but... where do you get those small green trash cans from?

Thanks

Oh man---dont start on those green cans:dizzy: there is a thread on here that we must of talked about those green cans for days. I wanted one also and he told me Home Depot..took awhile to find them, but very well worth it. One on the best investments for me anyways. Ive got two. You will be surprised how much you will use them. THANKS AGAIN RedMax Man:clapping:

Petr51488
06-02-2008, 09:26 PM
RedMax Man

Thanks

Yea, they have them in Homedepot. They used to be 40.00 a few years ago, last year they were 45, and now their 49. I bag all my accounts and their a dream to use. I thought everyone used or had them.

J&R Landscaping
06-02-2008, 09:26 PM
Nice pictures!

RedMax Man
06-02-2008, 09:30 PM
Well, you did have a lot better trimmers and blower than most people have when they start out. I had a Ryobi trimmer and a Craftsman blower!
Before that i had a Craftsman trimmer and no blower but since that trimmer only lasted a summer i was smart enought invest in commercial equipment starting then. My first purchase was a RedMax backpack blower which cost $430. I bought it at the end of summer for leaf cleanups. I remember the day my dad stopped at the dealer for me on his way home from work and picked it up. Then for some reason i told a girl at school i had to pay my dad $400 bucks for something he picked up for me and paid with his credit card because i didn't have one. She thought i was crazy and couldn't imagine why i'd be spending $400 bucks on a tool at such a young age. If only she knew where it's taken me, lol.
RedMax Man

Thanks
I cut that with my Little Wonder walk behind power edger. You can get those trash barrells at Home Depot for $50 each. They are very durable and usefull though. I have 6 of them.
that stander is a gift from god!!!!!!! How much did you have to fork over for that beauty?
Yes it was a gift from God. I paid just over 7k plus $199 for the catcher.
looks good man, you've come along way. its nice to see other younger guys doing well
Thanks, I've noticed you've been expanding steadily.
Matchbox 20 said it best"Lets see how far we've come".....Nice stuff man...keep up the good work!:weightlifter:
Yeah i like your way of thinking!
All of you work looks really good! You should be an insperation to most of the young ones on here. Keep up the good work and keep the pictures coming, everyone loves the pictures!
I will keep posting pics, thanks for the compliments.
Oh man---dont start on those green cans:dizzy: there is a thread on here that we must of talked about those green cans for days. I wanted one also and he told me Home Depot..took awhile to find them, but very well worth it. One on the best investments for me anyways. Ive got two. You will be surprised how much you will use them. THANKS AGAIN RedMax Man:clapping:

Haha yup i'm done discussing trash cans.

Travis E
06-02-2008, 09:49 PM
I noticed your lawn sings. What are they made of and how well do they help up? Thinking of getting some and noticed yours.

RedMax Man
06-02-2008, 09:56 PM
I noticed your lawn sings. What are they made of and how well do they help up? Thinking of getting some and noticed yours.

THey are made of corugated plastic. Very durable and weather proof. I have 17 of them. Here's a pic with part of the sign in it.

AndyTblc
06-02-2008, 09:57 PM
How far off are you from buying yourself a brand new truck, one like your dads? My neighbor bought a brand new truck when he got out of high school but that was 30 years ago, and he keeps bugging me about me buying a brand new truck, but that ain't gonna happen, but you seem to be doing fairly well.

Travis E
06-02-2008, 09:58 PM
THey are made of corugated plastic. Very durable and weather proof. I have 17 of them. Here's a pic with part of the sign in it.

do the stakes rust? Do you know how much they run you if you remeber? Thanks also what size are they...18x24"??

deere615
06-02-2008, 09:59 PM
Happy belated B-Day Micah! Those mulch jobs look great. Do you have to pay to dump? Also where do you buy the orange cones with reflective tape I had a nice one till it fell off my trailer:dizzy: I am using 2 small one now

RedMax Man
06-02-2008, 10:01 PM
Blowing. I will get better pics of my shirts as you can see them a little in the picture. BTW thats not me, haha.

RedMax Man
06-02-2008, 10:04 PM
How far off are you from buying yourself a brand new truck, one like your dads? My neighbor bought a brand new truck when he got out of high school but that was 30 years ago, and he keeps bugging me about me buying a brand new truck, but that ain't gonna happen, but you seem to be doing fairly well.

I'd like to keep my truck i have and get a 1 ton dump truck. Hopefully before next summer. I need to get one but also need to be able to afford it and support the cost of owning one.

RedMax Man
06-02-2008, 10:06 PM

do the stakes rust? Do you know how much they run you if you remeber? Thanks also what size are they...18x24"??

No, they are galvinized. I purchased 5 for $30 each. then wanted more so i got 12 for $27 each. both sides are lettered in vinyl. Yeah i believe they are 18x24". its a standard size.

Travis E
06-02-2008, 10:07 PM
No, they are galvinized. I purchased 5 for $30 each. then wanted more so i got 12 for $27 each. both sides are lettered in vinyl. Yeah i believe they are 18x24". its a standard size.

Thanks for the info!

RedMax Man
06-02-2008, 10:09 PM
Happy belated B-Day Micah! Those mulch jobs look great. Do you have to pay to dump? Also where do you buy the orange cones with reflective tape I had a nice one till it fell off my trailer:dizzy: I am using 2 small one now

Thanks,

I pay $300 for the year of unlimited amount or truck loads of dumping.

Got the cones from Notherntool.com

I see this guy around my area the uses 2 tiny soccer cones its kinda funny... i'd run 'em over before i saw them.

Petr51488
06-02-2008, 10:28 PM
Thanks,

I see this guy around my area the uses 2 tiny soccer cones its kinda funny... i'd run 'em over before i saw them.

Wow, 300 is a bargain and a half. I pay 160.00 to dump my dump trailer when its full, which is about every two weeks. Good Deal man.

Turtle Creek Lawn Care
06-02-2008, 10:34 PM
Hey guys

I searched on Home Depots wesite tonight and could not find those little green trash cans. Is there a certain name or anything liek that for them?

Thanks
Ryan

RedMax Man
06-02-2008, 10:37 PM
Wow, 300 is a bargain and a half. I pay 160.00 to dump my dump trailer when its full, which is about every two weeks. Good Deal man.

I know its a killer deal. They even stack the piles and move the debris. They have all kinds of equipment and produce crushed stone and loam out of it. Its a private place but right in my area and easy to dump at.

SNAPPER MAN
06-02-2008, 10:50 PM
Turtle Creek,
I know you are looking for the trash cans but another good alternative that I do is I use 55 gallon reusable bags made of tarp material. They are perfect for everything because you can just pull the string to close them and then dump at the end of the day and the next day be able to use them again. I myself might get a couple of those trashcans for fall though.

AndyTblc
06-02-2008, 10:57 PM
Turtle Creek,
I know you are looking for the trash cans but another good alternative that I do is I use 55 gallon reusable bags made of tarp material. They are perfect for everything because you can just pull the string to close them and then dump at the end of the day and the next day be able to use them again. I myself might get a couple of those trashcans for fall though.

I've used them back to clean up a beach after the winter, because all the junk washes up, I lifted the back, and it ripped, I must have had a faulty pack of bags.

93Chevy
06-02-2008, 11:26 PM
It's really great to see somebody younger than me, if only a year, have such a great setup. I find it hard not to be envious, but I just got a later start than you and someday I'll be there. I'm glad you take care of your equipment, it really sets you apart. You obviously put a lot of time in your business and it shows. Keep up the good work!

Lawn Enforcer
06-03-2008, 12:23 AM
I know its a killer deal. They even stack the piles and move the debris. They have all kinds of equipment and produce crushed stone and loam out of it. Its a private place but right in my area and easy to dump at.

What's even more of a killer deal? My dumping place. City maintained, and it is completely FREE! Open 24/7! That's rural Minnesota for ya-

93Chevy
06-03-2008, 06:36 AM
Hey, just curious: where did you learn all this? Do you have a family member to look up to, or did you pave your own way?

AndyTblc
06-03-2008, 09:17 AM
What's even more of a killer deal? My dumping place. City maintained, and it is completely FREE! Open 24/7! That's rural Minnesota for ya-

Same here, I took a truck load up day before memorial day, usually you can set it next to the road, but this was on a sunday and needed to get out, so yeah.

PlatinumLandCon
06-03-2008, 09:35 AM

+1 for municipal places. Mine isn't completely free, but its cheap.

AndyTblc
06-03-2008, 09:38 AM
+1 for municipal places. Mine isn't completely free, but its cheap.

I think you pay for it in your taxes I believe.

MysticLandscape
06-03-2008, 09:44 AM
We have quite the range around here from $500 a for one truck for a season to 3k.

deere615
06-03-2008, 09:45 PM
Thanks,

Thats not a bad deal to dump. Thanks I will check northern tool, I need some nice ones, Ya I like the big ones with reflective tape.
Hey guys

I searched on Home Depots wesite tonight and could not find those little green trash cans. Is there a certain name or anything liek that for them?

Thanks
Ryan

They are not on their website. They are called the carry barrel. I know in my area they were hard to find, I had to search like 4 different HD's. I believe they are also sold at Lesco and Shemin nurseries.

farmerkev
06-03-2008, 10:38 PM
Same here, I took a truck load up day before memorial day, usually you can set it next to the road, but this was on a sunday and needed to get out, so yeah.

Im in MN like Lawn Enforcer, its a free service, but like you said, its in the taxes. We can dump, and they have free black dirt and mulch. The mulch is from the brush pile, and although its not good enough for most decorative uses, its FREE.

Wizzkid, does your stuff need to be bagged for roadside pickup?

AndyTblc
06-04-2008, 12:20 AM
The city won't pick up grass clippings, it's "to much work". But they will pick up, sticks, brush, dirt, and in the fall, they suck up leaves.

mike33087
06-04-2008, 07:01 AM
We have quite the range around here from $500 a for one truck for a season to 3k.

yea he just upped my uncles price again from 2500 to 3000, thank god i only have to dump there when its muddy at my yard!

RedMax Man
06-05-2008, 09:29 PM
Helped MysticLandscape with several of his properties yesterday in the miserable weather. Used the Stander to cut these lawns...

And his rig. Lets just say we were drenched:dizzy:

RedMax Man
06-05-2008, 09:33 PM
Mowed again today in the rain. Took one pic...

:laugh: Where's Waldo:rolleyes:

Petr51488
06-05-2008, 10:47 PM
Nice looking stripes. Its nice that you guys can depend on eachother for help. God forbid anyone around here answers their phones.

deere615
06-05-2008, 11:15 PM
It stinks mowing in the rain, but you have to do what you have to do.

MysticLandscape
06-06-2008, 09:50 AM
Ya the alternator on my walker went south so It was outta commission for two days an Mica was good enough to come down and mow for a day, in the rain to. Now i owe him one.. wonder what hes gunna make me do... :hammerhead:

RedMax Man
06-06-2008, 05:31 PM
And you still have my Walker that's probably ducktaped together in a casket on the trailer now waitn to get towed home;)

Green Team Landscaping
06-06-2008, 10:37 PM
do the standers handle the same as z turns? or more like walkbehind

MysticLandscape
06-07-2008, 01:06 AM
I ran outta duck tape, had to use masking tap and im still waiting for the head stone then I will bring it back.

pj550v12
06-07-2008, 04:31 PM
Now i owe him one.. wonder what hes gunna make me do... :hammerhead:

Anyone else sorta getting a homo vibe from that? lol JK dude

MysticLandscape
06-07-2008, 09:00 PM
Anyone else sorta getting a homo vibe from that? lol JK dude

Well if you followed along with mine and redmax man's posts you would know that I help him with jobs and he helps me. Earlier in the year I helped him with a clean-up an a ridiculous amount of edging. There is a whole post about it. So I am wondering what kind of ridiculous jobb hes going to have me help him with now if that makes it clearer for you...

RedMax Man
06-07-2008, 10:38 PM
do the standers handle the same as z turns? or more like walkbehind

More like zero turn riders.

RedMax Man
06-07-2008, 10:42 PM
Well if you followed along with mine and redmax man's posts you would know that I help him with jobs and he helps me. Earlier in the year I helped him with a clean-up an a ridiculous amount of edging. There is a whole post about it. So I am wondering what kind of ridiculous jobb hes going to have me help him with now if that makes it clearer for you...

Yeah that had to have been over 2000' of edging... but it did come out nice and i did get paid for it. Wana do a patio?

pj550v12
06-07-2008, 10:50 PM
I was just busting chops

RedMax Man
06-07-2008, 10:55 PM
I was just busting chops

No biggie. Me in him bash eachother to much i dunno how we still get along but it keeps things on a good note i guess. We know we're just kidn around.

Raven386
06-08-2008, 10:50 AM
I was just busting chops

anyone getting a homo vibe from that :laugh::laugh:

-pool is almost open. bringing lili over to go swimming? :laugh: or your mom, either would be awesome :laugh::laugh: jk bud.

born2farm
06-08-2008, 11:40 AM
You have some nice looking rigs and do some great work Trudeau. It must be nice knowing that you got another LCO that is willing to help.

RedMax Man
06-08-2008, 05:14 PM
You have some nice looking rigs and do some great work Trudeau. It must be nice knowing that you got another LCO that is willing to help.

Yes it is good to have help from other pros in the industry. Most of the really local guys right in town that are my competition have no interest in being friend or getting along with others. Seems way to many are scared to death by the other "guy". I dunno but its all screwed up and really stupid.

A-Land
06-08-2008, 06:15 PM
Yeah Trudeau, great work as usual. I ended up cutting in the rain too the day you were helping Tim out. It sucked, but it was 94 the next day so pick your poison. I ended up washing the deck out on the driveway and I think I washed out an entire lawns worth of clippings.

How do the walker and stander handle the rain? I would think the added weight with the walker would be a problem.... I ask because I notice you didn't take it.

Haha did you charge Tim the $500 in gas it took to get from Lowell to Peabody?

RedMax Man
06-08-2008, 07:30 PM
Yeah Trudeau, great work as usual. I ended up cutting in the rain too the day you were helping Tim out. It sucked, but it was 94 the next day so pick your poison. I ended up washing the deck out on the driveway and I think I washed out an entire lawns worth of clippings.

How do the walker and stander handle the rain? I would think the added weight with the walker would be a problem.... I ask because I notice you didn't take it.

Haha did you charge Tim the $500 in gas it took to get from Lowell to Peabody?

The walker has clogged before in the rain but it gets through it ok. The Stander was fine, other then getting alot more dirty and didn't seem to affect it at all. No clumping or bogging down, just kept on cuttin.

I didn't take the walker to his place cuz we wanted to use the stander and he could see how it performed on his properties and my walker isn't as fast as his walker.

He came back to my house the same day and got my walker cuz his wasn't ready yet and he didn't know exactly when it would be and it would be a pain to do every lawn with a tiny 36" mower.

I will get the Walker back tomorrow, monday. hahaha.

Nah i didn't charge him for travel and its really not that far. 15mi, 35 - 45 mins depending on traffic. He did fill the tank on the stander and helped me back in April with a big landscape job free of charge. Its called TEAM WORK not gettin every last penny out so everyone is fair and even all the way.

A-Land
06-08-2008, 07:57 PM
Hey I agree.... I would rather have it that way and even loose a few bucks at the end of the day but be able to get some help.

RedMax Man
06-14-2008, 10:21 PM
Stander Stripes...

RedMax Man
06-14-2008, 10:27 PM
Ripped out an old decaying patio and replaced it with seeded lawn.

93Chevy
06-14-2008, 10:28 PM
Looks good. You do good work, be proud of it.

RedMax Man
06-14-2008, 10:32 PM
Tools of the trade...

RedMax Man
06-14-2008, 10:36 PM
Looks good. You do good work, be proud of it.

Thanks, I'm trying to make a good impression on the industry and a good reputation to customers. I find to much of my competition doesn't care about who they are or what they do.

93Chevy
06-14-2008, 10:42 PM
Thanks, I'm trying to make a good impression on the industry and a good reputation to customers. I find to much of my competition doesn't care about who they are or what they do.

Yeah, that's good. It pays to do good work all the time. By the way, I really admire how clean and professional your rig and equipment is.

02DURAMAX
06-15-2008, 02:52 AM
Stripes are awesome!!...How many hours do you have on the stander now??

Baseballer1100
06-15-2008, 09:50 AM
How did you grow so much in three years? Was most of it from references or what did you do that made you get so many more accounts?

RedMax Man
06-15-2008, 10:52 AM
Yeah, that's good. It pays to do good work all the time. By the way, I really admire how clean and professional your rig and equipment is.
Thanks, I try to keep it all maintained and ready for work, not falling apart and barely making it through the day.
Stripes are awesome!!...How many hours do you have on the stander now??
38 +/- and i'm getn the hang of it.
How did you grow so much in three years? Was most of it from references or what did you do that made you get so many more accounts?

To tell you the truth I mow alot less then some may think. I have 25 accounts now. I lost many this year to customers cutting back to save money or getting a "more affordable service". I'm always working on getting more maintenance accounts while i also do alot of other work besides just mowing like landscaping and cleanups etc. Many have come from referrals and i've passed out flyers, business cards, put out signs and even just knocked on doors. Haven't done any commercial advertising. I'm in a tough area so the accounts don't come easy, alot of competition from other pro's and "hacks" lookn to make a quick buck with customers that only care about a cheap bottom line price and nothing else that comes with it.

Baseballer1100
06-15-2008, 01:20 PM
To tell you the truth I mow alot less then some may think. I have 25 accounts now. I lost many this year to customers cutting back to save money or getting a "more affordable service". I'm always working on getting more maintenance accounts while i also do alot of other work besides just mowing like landscaping and cleanups etc. Many have come from referrals and i've passed out flyers, business cards, put out signs and even just knocked on doors. Haven't done any commercial advertising. I'm in a tough area so the accounts don't come easy, alot of competition from other pro's and "hacks" lookn to make a quick buck with customers that only care about a cheap bottom line price and nothing else that comes with it.

How does the knocking on doors do? I was thinking about doing this but I wasnt sure if it was unprofessional or what not and if people would get mad. Which one of the techniques seems to bring the most people in?

RedMax Man
06-15-2008, 06:32 PM
How does the knocking on doors do? I was thinking about doing this but I wasnt sure if it was unprofessional or what not and if people would get mad. Which one of the techniques seems to bring the most people in?

Well i would really only do it to neighbors of clients that you already service if you see something they may need done and they already kind of know who you are from seeing you work near by maybe.

The referrals are the best. Sometimes if you offer incentives to current customers say give em a free cut if they refer a friend to mowing their lawn for the season or 10% off a job. Makes em feel like they are getting something out of it. But if they already like you and your work alot then you rarely have to ask them that, they will just tell anyone they know when something comes up that involves landscaping.

Customers rarely hire a complete stranger, often they get the contractor they use from seeing them service someone they know or getting reccomended to them.

N&CLandscaping
06-16-2008, 10:35 PM
Wow looking good. Good job man keep it up!!!

blm86
06-16-2008, 11:28 PM
everything looks good, keep it up.

RedMax Man
06-17-2008, 04:10 PM
Wow looking good. Good job man keep it up!!!
Thanks I will. Where do you keep disappearing to???:confused:
everything looks good, keep it up.

Thankyou

jww2008
06-17-2008, 05:53 PM
hey redmax i bet gas is killing you that ford must suck up that gas?

TomberLawn
06-17-2008, 06:14 PM
I really like the new grill, RedMax. Do you ever work with bagged mulch or just bulk? I usually use bulk, but I did a couple small jobs with bags and it is really easy. No shovels at all. Just throw 4-5 bags on the wheel barrow, rip them open, and rake them smooth. Not to mention how easy it is to reach hard to reach areas, like around pools or tiered beds.

Good looking stripes with the Stander, too.

N&CLandscaping
06-18-2008, 10:13 AM
haha, I just havent been posting alot lately. I am starting to get back into the swing of things... I just graduated the other day, so I've been focusing on actually graduating lol. Ive also been building a better client base, more construction jobs, and just taking it easy trying to run the company. I am now fully insured and legal. Thank god. Anyway ill be posting alot more now that I have gone full time and hopefully it all works out. We should meet up sometime, id love to see that stander in action.

RedMax Man
06-18-2008, 07:22 PM
hey redmax i bet gas is killing you that ford must suck up that gas?
Its not bad imo. I put $80 in the tank a week. I keep a tight route so i'm not all over the universe driving and sucking gas like a pig. It does have a custom exhaust too.
I really like the new grill, RedMax. Do you ever work with bagged mulch or just bulk? I usually use bulk, but I did a couple small jobs with bags and it is really easy. No shovels at all. Just throw 4-5 bags on the wheel barrow, rip them open, and rake them smooth. Not to mention how easy it is to reach hard to reach areas, like around pools or tiered beds.

Good looking stripes with the Stander, too.

No i don't use bagged mulch. I've only bought by the yard. Thanks for the comments and advice though.
haha, I just havent been posting alot lately. I am starting to get back into the swing of things... I just graduated the other day, so I've been focusing on actually graduating lol. Ive also been building a better client base, more construction jobs, and just taking it easy trying to run the company. I am now fully insured and legal. Thank god. Anyway ill be posting alot more now that I have gone full time and hopefully it all works out. We should meet up sometime, id love to see that stander in action.

Very nice. Shoot me a PM. We'll meet up asap.

RedMax Man
07-03-2008, 10:34 PM
Been negligent on posting more pics mostly because ive been busy. Anyway here are some properties i mow.

The landscaping and stone work is not completed at this house. The homeowner has done almost everything except for the stone work. I will hopefully be doing 20 yards of black hemlock mulch soon.

The entire driveway is going to be ripped up and replace with pavers!!!

RedMax Man
07-03-2008, 10:44 PM
Lawns>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

PlatinumLandCon
07-03-2008, 10:47 PM
You doing the driveway? Looks like a good 30k+ job.

RedMax Man
07-03-2008, 10:49 PM
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lawns

RedMax Man
07-03-2008, 10:51 PM
You doing the driveway? Looks like a good 30k+ job.

No, He just happened to mention it to me that it was going to be all pavers eventually. I think maybe the guy that did the other hardscaping will do it. its just a single guy that doesn't speak much english that he pays by the hr. its a crazy long driveway with a circle and island at the top.

RedMax Man
07-03-2008, 11:01 PM
Lawns>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

RedMax Man
07-03-2008, 11:07 PM
The 3 Mowers. Honda, Walker, Wright.

Lawn Enforcer
07-03-2008, 11:49 PM
Looks like everything is going good. The paver driveway, eek, I wouldn't even think about attempting that! Of course, I have no experience in that area either.

A-Land
07-04-2008, 12:06 AM
Looks good Mica, you're a hell of a perfectionist. How do you like the quad level controls on the stander?

I was in Lowell the other day at my girlfriend's softball tournament, and I definitely didn't see any lawns like that. lol the park was the only grass in sight (might have been other "grass," we were in lowell.........)

RedMax Man
07-04-2008, 10:29 AM
Looks like everything is going good. The paver driveway, eek, I wouldn't even think about attempting that! Of course, I have no experience in that area either.

Yeah i think a job like that would be a little beyond me. I like doing stuff that i no from the beginning i can handle start to finish.

I wonder if the driveway can be plowed if its all pavers.

RedMax Man
07-04-2008, 10:34 AM
Looks good Mica, you're a hell of a perfectionist. How do you like the quad level controls on the stander?

I was in Lowell the other day at my girlfriend's softball tournament, and I definitely didn't see any lawns like that. lol the park was the only grass in sight (might have been other "grass," we were in lowell.........)

Some guys dont like that about me that im a perfectionist but it makes peoples heads turn and brake lights go on when driving by and customer make comments about it too. Im very comfortable with the Quad lever now.

You must have been in a lowsy section of lowell because its a very diversified city. Some high-end manicured properties in some neighborhoods and dump yard slums in other areas. The last 2 groups of pics are all Lowell Lawns.

RedMax Man
07-04-2008, 10:43 AM
Tried to make the best of these shrubs. They were way overgrown and butchered in past years so hopefully now they will take shape and begin to look better.

RedMax Man
07-04-2008, 10:50 AM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RedMax Man
07-04-2008, 10:54 AM
Kid gettin arrested. Chased by an unmarked cruiser:cool2:

He tried to steal my Stander. :laugh::laugh:;) Just kiddn

A-Land
07-04-2008, 10:59 AM
Mica do you line trim all those properties or do you have somebody help you? The guys that help me never make them look that good.... Even if I do a section and tell them to make it look like what I did, it still doesn't come out that good. I still won't let my guys edge I'm afraid they are going to rip the bed lines to pieces.

RedMax Man
07-04-2008, 11:02 AM
Law enforcment vehicles....

RedMax Man
07-04-2008, 11:06 AM
Mica do you line trim all those properties or do you have somebody help you? The guys that help me never make them look that good.... Even if I do a section and tell them to make it look like what I did, it still doesn't come out that good. I still won't let my guys edge I'm afraid they are going to rip the bed lines to pieces.

Yes i do trim everything. I had a guy workn for me but he dropped out so im back to solo again. He wasn't as good as trimming as i am and yes it does take some skill to keep the edges perfect. I always have to do that part usually. Ive screwed up the bed edges before myself a couple times.

Lawn Enforcer
07-04-2008, 02:41 PM
Kid gettin arrested. Chased by an unmarked cruiser:cool2:

He tried to steal my Stander. :laugh::laugh:;) Just kiddn

Nice, do they have a lot of police bikes out that way?

RedMax Man
07-04-2008, 04:49 PM
Nice, do they have a lot of police bikes out that way?

Yeah they are pretty popular. The are some officers on horses downtown too.

PORTER 05
07-04-2008, 04:59 PM
sweet cars, im about to hit up a parade also, cant wait for the fire engines!

RedMax Man
07-05-2008, 10:59 PM
My Dad and I went in on a lease on this commercial space to be based out. He ownes a construction co.

Space is about 1300 square ft. with an office.

Less than 2 mi. from my house too.

Makes work so much easier and is within walking distance of the nursery i use for mulch and plants which is basically across the street. Very safe location and in the center if the surrounding area in which i do most of my work.

We just moved in at the beginning of July.

RedMax Man
07-05-2008, 11:08 PM
Moving the plow.

I was getting the snow fever driving around with this in July:rolleyes:

Dad's rig.

'08 F-250 Lariat Stroker.

A-Land
07-05-2008, 11:09 PM
Is that your black truck in pic #1? Looks newer....

RedMax Man
07-05-2008, 11:11 PM
Is that your black truck in pic #1? Looks newer....

Yup the black pickup is mine. same as in other pics.

A-Land
07-05-2008, 11:15 PM
lol I don't know why I thought it looked newer.... maybe it was just shiny haha

RedMax Man
07-05-2008, 11:20 PM
Lawn i cut today and the tire swing in the picture i also built and hung earlier this summer.

A-Land
07-05-2008, 11:24 PM
Do you notice the variance in the stripes? I don't mean the wheel marks, in the middle there are strips of different colors. My scag does it too. Any idea why?

kreft
07-05-2008, 11:26 PM
Dull Blades?

RedMax Man
07-05-2008, 11:28 PM
I did an edging job for the Lowell Gardening Club next to this popular restaurant and across from City Hall.

As you can see the lawn has been neglected but they are working to get it all back in shape.

RedMax Man
07-05-2008, 11:32 PM
Do you notice the variance in the stripes? I don't mean the wheel marks, in the middle there are strips of different colors. My scag does it too. Any idea why?
Only happened on this lawn cuz its so thick and was very long so i almost did more damage then good. I double and triple cut which makes it worse the more time you did it to get it uniform.
Dull Blades?

Definitly not dull.

pj550v12
07-05-2008, 11:36 PM
Convince dad to get a set of those airbags you have on your truck, his seems to be saggin a bit. I actually just got them for my truck, just have to have them installed. BTW I agree those actually look like really sharp blades.

RedMax Man
07-05-2008, 11:41 PM
Convince dad to get a set of those airbags you have on your truck, his seems to be saggin a bit. I actually just got them for my truck, just have to have them installed. BTW I agree those actually look like really sharp blades.

Definitly. He will be doing that soon. The f-250's dont have the overload leaf springs like my F-350 and i have air-bags also so i know how much they help. Hes got way to much tongue weight and its hard to wind down the trailer jack too. I suggested he get everything weight in figure out if there is a problem with the weight.

I've cut the lawn before when its a normal height and its looked much better.

pj550v12
07-05-2008, 11:46 PM
Just curious what brand air bags do you have, I just got the firestone ride-rite bags i'm stoked to put them on because right after that I'm puttin on the dump insert

RedMax Man
07-05-2008, 11:52 PM
Just curious what brand air bags do you have, I just got the firestone ride-rite bags i'm stoked to put them on because right after that I'm puttin on the dump insert

Brand: Air-Lift.

windsory
07-05-2008, 11:54 PM
What are you guys paying for that shop?

deere615
07-06-2008, 11:38 AM
Thats nice that you have a place to store your equipment now, I want to eventually buy a piece of land so I can build a shop or something

Lawn Enforcer
07-06-2008, 11:53 AM
Nice shop! I need more space too, and I looked into another place in town, 24x38 for $600 a month, which is extremely high for my area. I'll just stay in my 12x30 w/ electricity for $85 a month.

So I'm assuming that it is just the 1 bay that is open. It looks like a nice building. I don't remember if you said it or not, but does it have a bathroom/shower area?

RedMax Man
07-06-2008, 09:29 PM
Thats nice that you have a place to store your equipment now, I want to eventually buy a piece of land so I can build a shop or something
Yeah its awesome.
Nice shop! I need more space too, and I looked into another place in town, 24x38 for $600 a month, which is extremely high for my area. I'll just stay in my 12x30 w/ electricity for $85 a month.

So I'm assuming that it is just the 1 bay that is open. It looks like a nice building. I don't remember if you said it or not, but does it have a bathroom/shower area?

Yes the one bay with the garage door is ours only. There is a door on the left side of the building with restrooms for anyone there to use. No showers. Its a good secure building with electricty and a large heater if needed. Our bay is getting a new garage door soon.

DBL
07-06-2008, 09:42 PM
wow together you two have a lot of stuff...what were you guys using before?

RedMax Man
07-06-2008, 09:48 PM
wow together you two have a lot of stuff...what were you guys using before?

We have 2 large sheds at home. Thats alot of the stuff but not all of it. We just moved in within the last 2 weeks so we hauled loades of stuff and there and now we have to orginize it all. Alot of it is materials that will be used up soon because we don't need a "lumber yard" and "hardware store" in there, Hahaha.

RedMax Man
08-24-2008, 07:14 PM
Been busy and slackn on posting pics.

RedMax Man
08-24-2008, 07:16 PM
Swapping blades on the Stander and the blade grinder...

RedMax Man
08-24-2008, 07:18 PM
NH lawn..................

RedMax Man
08-24-2008, 07:56 PM
didn't work.

Here it is. NH Lawn...

RedMax Man
08-24-2008, 07:59 PM
took down the trees on both corners of this house. they were the same size.

RedMax Man
08-24-2008, 08:08 PM
Stander mowing. grass grows so fast and is always cut weekly. between fertilizing and rain or irrigation it has stayed fairly green.

metro36
08-24-2008, 09:04 PM
Looks good. I see in your sig that you got the 32 you were looking for.

RedMax Man
08-24-2008, 09:15 PM
Looks good. I see in your sig that you got the 32 you were looking for.

yeah i can get better pics of it. the camera is in the truck and has more pics. paid $900 for it and hate it. has a 14hp the takes the front wheels off the ground. I'm just not good with pistols and my helper uses it mostly. it has a brand new tranny that was installed in june. gets the job done but not very user friendly imo.

deere615
08-24-2008, 09:42 PM
Looks great as always, I took down a few trees this summer too, just a bit smaller than those

lawn crafters
08-24-2008, 10:25 PM
that must be a pain getting the 32 w/b off.

TomberLawn
08-24-2008, 11:14 PM
Hey, how do you like that mower jack? I've been thinking about getting one. Lately, I've been backing the mower halfway off the trailer ramp and reaching up under it take the blades off. This works, but with the blades offset (middle blade farther forward), I have to move the mower to get the impact wrench under each spindle. I've seen two different styles of jacks, a big one and a little one. Is there much difference in them? Could the smaller one lift a zero turn, or is it mainly for walk behinds?

ch973934
08-25-2008, 07:32 AM
As always Redmax, looks like you are doing well and everything looks good!
Keep it up!

CH

Impressions Landscaping
08-25-2008, 07:53 AM
Micah, you still owe me rent money for using my chainsaw to cut down those trees. Haha, just kidding around...to everyone else, I've seen this kids set up, it's very very impressive, all his equipment is kept extremley clean and well kept, and he has an impressive work ethic...unlike a lot of my friends that are around his age and older.

Lawn Enforcer
08-25-2008, 10:37 AM
As always, awesome work! The trailer looks nice and full, ready for battle! Sweet blade grinder too.

RedMax Man
08-25-2008, 05:03 PM
Looks great as always, I took down a few trees this summer too, just a bit smaller than those
Those wernt very hard. fit them all in the truck.
that must be a pain getting the 32 w/b off.
Comes off the same way the other mowers do down the tailgate.
Hey, how do you like that mower jack? I've been thinking about getting one. Lately, I've been backing the mower halfway off the trailer ramp and reaching up under it take the blades off. This works, but with the blades offset (middle blade farther forward), I have to move the mower to get the impact wrench under each spindle. I've seen two different styles of jacks, a big one and a little one. Is there much difference in them? Could the smaller one lift a zero turn, or is it mainly for walk behinds?
It works great. its the Jungle Jim model. As far as i know it can lift larger mowers. the stander is heavier than typical walkbehinds.
As always Redmax, looks like you are doing well and everything looks good!
Keep it up!

CH

Thanks, i'm trying.

RedMax Man
08-25-2008, 05:11 PM
Micah, you still owe me rent money for using my chainsaw to cut down those trees. Haha, just kidding around...to everyone else, I've seen this kids set up, it's very very impressive, all his equipment is kept extremley clean and well kept, and he has an impressive work ethic...unlike a lot of my friends that are around his age and older.
Pretty sure we did a tools swap cuz u took the hedge trimmer. Don't brag you havent seen me work. I barely break a sweat when i'm with you, just move around so i dont get whipped. We gotta tackle some real work when there is no time for play. Thanks for all your help and the oil changes today.
As always, awesome work! The trailer looks nice and full, ready for battle! Sweet blade grinder too.

Yeah its a good grinder. I change blades at least once a week.

RedMax Man
08-25-2008, 05:32 PM
Mow grass.............

RedMax Man
08-25-2008, 05:40 PM
..................................................................................

RedMax Man
08-25-2008, 05:48 PM
Installed some sod and seed. also added some more 6x6's to both sides of the walls here.

lawn crafters
08-25-2008, 05:50 PM
do you ever use the walker anymore?

RedMax Man
08-25-2008, 05:54 PM
do you ever use the walker anymore?

Oh yeah we use it but the Stander gets used the most. Use it enough to keep it. only one of the recent pics i posted shows a lawn cut by it.

MysticLandscape
08-25-2008, 06:42 PM
Is that mi amigo?

stuntmanlogan
08-25-2008, 07:11 PM
Did you pick up a new mower

BulldogPS
08-25-2008, 08:29 PM
Nice work and equipment, Good to see someone else local take pride in their work AND their equipment. I think I saw you today pulling into Cason's equipment. I was leaving as you pulled in, if that was you.

J&R Landscaping
08-25-2008, 08:35 PM
Nice pics! I wish the grass was that green down here!!

deere615
08-25-2008, 09:07 PM
[QUOTE=RedMax Man;2483036]Those wernt very hard. fit them all in the truck.[QUOTE]

Those llok like they were mostly wood ie not many branches. Do you save the wood for fires. I had/have a whole pile of logs along side of our garage that we occasionally take to our camp for fire wood

kreft
08-25-2008, 09:10 PM
Nice stripes!

Impressions Landscaping
08-25-2008, 10:24 PM
[QUOTE=RedMax Man;2483043]Pretty sure we did a tools swap cuz u took the hedge trimmer. Don't brag you havent seen me work. I barely break a sweat when i'm with you, just move around so i dont get whipped. We gotta tackle some real work when there is no time for play. Thanks for all your help and the oil changes today.

No problem with the oil changes, glad I can help. Don't worry, we'll get to do some legit work soon enough, enough of this screwing aroudn during the day. Get on Sam the man please...haven't had a PITA in a while, kinda makes me appreciate all my other customers. Let me know if you need help mowing anytime soon. BTW I have a wall job coming up at my shop, I'll be needing you on that one so if you got time coming up let me know.

STIHL GUY
08-26-2008, 10:04 PM
nice pictures

RedMax Man
08-26-2008, 10:10 PM
Is that mi amigo?
Thats the VIP
Did you pick up a new mower
Ya, the Stander and Scag are new this year.
Nice work and equipment, Good to see someone else local take pride in their work AND their equipment. I think I saw you today pulling into Cason's equipment. I was leaving as you pulled in, if that was you.
Thanks.
Yes, i was there with a buddy yesterday gettin some oil and filters. I buy all my equipment and the new Stander from Imperial next to your shop so i see your rigs all the time. I said hi to your guys once and they looked at me funny. must not have been you. btw does the big enclosed trailer ever move?
Nice pics! I wish the grass was that green down here!!
Thanks to the rain.
[QUOTE=RedMax Man;2483036]Those wernt very hard. fit them all in the truck.[QUOTE]

Those llok like they were mostly wood ie not many branches. Do you save the wood for fires. I had/have a whole pile of logs along side of our garage that we occasionally take to our camp for fire wood
Ya your right mostly wood. I give firewood to other people. i dont use it myself.
Nice stripes!
Thanks
[QUOTE=RedMax Man;2483043]Pretty sure we did a tools swap cuz u took the hedge trimmer. Don't brag you havent seen me work. I barely break a sweat when i'm with you, just move around so i dont get whipped. We gotta tackle some real work when there is no time for play. Thanks for all your help and the oil changes today.

No problem with the oil changes, glad I can help. Don't worry, we'll get to do some legit work soon enough, enough of this screwing aroudn during the day. Get on Sam the man please...haven't had a PITA in a while, kinda makes me appreciate all my other customers. Let me know if you need help mowing anytime soon. BTW I have a wall job coming up at my shop, I'll be needing you on that one so if you got time coming up let me know.

Ya the trailer is for workn not a bench for hanging out lol.

Sorry to say this but i gotta strong feeling old man Sam is history. dought i'll talk to him again. Gona get the low down from my mechanic cuz he know his and services his vehicle. Yep i saw the wall, and i'll bring the TNT!

A-Land
08-26-2008, 10:19 PM
Can we get a peak at the scag you hate? What was the need for the scag?

RedMax Man
08-26-2008, 10:22 PM
Can we get a peak at the scag you hate? What was the need for the scag?

Ya ill get that clumsy clunker off the trailer and throw up a few pics.

I need to make some adjustments to it and get used to operating it.

I got it for gated yards and hills where the other mowers don't fit and the 21" is not efficient.

A-Land
08-26-2008, 10:35 PM
Do you just have the SW? Belt drive I assume? What year is the thing? I havent seen a 14 hp on a scag in a long time........

RedMax Man
08-26-2008, 10:38 PM
Do you just have the SW? Belt drive I assume? What year is the thing? I havent seen a 14 hp on a scag in a long time........

Ya its a belt drive. The 14hp is aftermarket and so heavy the mower will do a wheelies on hills. Not the best fit for a small machine.

A-Land
08-26-2008, 10:47 PM
is the 14 a kawi or kohler? that must have the classic deck......... I hate the cut from those. the advantage deck is better and the velocity plus is a+ in my book...

BulldogPS
08-26-2008, 10:54 PM
Yeah the big trailer moves, the roller on the rear door broke so it sat for a few weeks while parts were on order. That thing is a ***** to pull around being 20 ft but fits everything. I try to use the smaller trailer when I can to save on fuel. The Scag riders take up so much room with the baggers, some days we need multiple machines and they don't fit in the small trailer.

Impressions Landscaping
08-26-2008, 11:43 PM
I've seen his scag, never heard of a 14 horse being put on a 32" but if your into doign wheelies with a walk behind, thats the machine for you. Btw, you buy the TNT because after paying for that job im gonna be broke.

Impressions Landscaping
08-26-2008, 11:46 PM
Oh ya, your trailer is more comfortable to sit on than mine, thats why I chose to sit on it for a half hour today instead and watch you work instead of sitting on my own. *trucewhiteflag*

RedMax Man
08-27-2008, 05:16 PM
is the 14 a kawi or kohler? that must have the classic deck......... I hate the cut from those. the advantage deck is better and the velocity plus is a+ in my book...
Kawi, ya i think its the classic deck.
Yeah the big trailer moves, the roller on the rear door broke so it sat for a few weeks while parts were on order. That thing is a ***** to pull around being 20 ft but fits everything. I try to use the smaller trailer when I can to save on fuel. The Scag riders take up so much room with the baggers, some days we need multiple machines and they don't fit in the small trailer.
I figured u were saving on fuel and what not. I havnt seen the new 08 Ford yet. but i have seen the dodge and other ford down at the shop before.
I've seen his scag, never heard of a 14 horse being put on a 32" but if your into doign wheelies with a walk behind, thats the machine for you. Btw, you buy the TNT because after paying for that job im gonna be broke.
I'll ask the guat if he can import some.
Oh ya, your trailer is more comfortable to sit on than mine, thats why I chose to sit on it for a half hour today instead and watch you work instead of sitting on my own. *trucewhiteflag*
Now you can atleast stand on your own.:weightlifter:

A-Land
08-27-2008, 06:54 PM
RedMax Man, did you get an amigo to help you out?

CGlandscaping
08-27-2008, 07:36 PM
Hey redmax do you have stripers on you euipment... I gotta get some pics of my get-up on here

BulldogPS
08-27-2008, 07:42 PM
The 08 is a Hooklift and has two control levers right in the middle of the center seat, so only two of us can ride in it, comfortably. I don't want my guys climbing over the levers anyway, they're dumb and will break something. On this truck I did the right thing and had it custom built, the other F550 was sitting on a dealer's lot for months, He was begging me to take it of his hands. But I've had some ongoing problems with that truck since I bought it, Tranny noises, Burning oil smell, Brake controller failed, Dump body stuck in upright position, Hydraulic system leaked all over brand new Banks exhaust. One dealer I brought it to broke my bug deflector, and must have drove the truck into one of the feet on his pedestal lift and gouged my aluminum wheel. Hopefully I have better luck with this one. Heres a few pics.

deere615
08-27-2008, 10:25 PM
That is a beautiful truck bulldog, very nicely lettered also!

TomberLawn
08-27-2008, 10:33 PM
Sweet truck!!! Do you put that thing in truck shows on the weekend? Any pics of the other trucks?

oakwdman
08-27-2008, 11:16 PM
Trudeau, very nice setup.... What are the plans for this fall as far as a leaf box goes? Did you ever end up selling the steel one?

proenterprises
08-28-2008, 12:55 AM
TLC-where did you get those decals with your logo on them. I would like to pick some of those up! Thanks bro.

ch973934
08-28-2008, 12:15 PM
Bulldog way to hijack a thread! Haha, just kidding! That truck is pretty sick, as with the rest of your fleet! The paint scheme is awesome. Here is a question that always comes to mind when I see your pics on here though and I have to ask if you don't mind, how much does all the detailing and upgrades to your trucks usually set you back? They look awesome, I'm just wondering...

Keep up it up

CH

Impressions Landscaping
08-28-2008, 03:52 PM
Hell ya I can finally stand on my deck without tip toeing around. Can't wait to see how you and the gaut work out tomorrow, get ready to mow some grass buddy!

BulldogPS
08-28-2008, 04:53 PM
Sweet truck!!! Do you put that thing in truck shows on the weekend? Any pics of the other trucks?

Other Truck and trailer pics

BulldogPS
08-28-2008, 05:24 PM
Bulldog way to hijack a thread! Haha, just kidding! That truck is pretty sick, as with the rest of your fleet! The paint scheme is awesome. Here is a question that always comes to mind when I see your pics on here though and I have to ask if you don't mind, how much does all the detailing and upgrades to your trucks usually set you back? They look awesome, I'm just wondering...

Keep up it up

CH

By detailing do you mean keeping everything clean, cause that just costs me my time, I'm out in my driveway cleaning till dark and sometimes well into the night almost every day. Any free time we have goes to maint and cleaning of equipment. Customers really notice that kind of stuff. As for the accessories, each truck has been different, but if I had to say a number $3000 give or take for each truck. Both F550s have DVD screens and backup cameras plus security systems w/ remote start, that was the most expensive accessory for each. If you count plows, sanders, LED lights, lettering etc than the price is much higher.

I have friend who owns an exhaust shop and he gets me dealer prices on diesel performance parts including Banks, also dealer pricing from Putco (chrome trim), Westin (side steps), Fisher (plows and sanders),and so much more, so it doesn't end up costing as much as it otherwise would

I also do the landscaping at my sign guy's house.

kreft
08-28-2008, 06:03 PM
More pics please!!! :)

BulldogPS
08-28-2008, 06:30 PM
More pics please!!! :)

More Pics.

kreft
08-28-2008, 08:23 PM
Is that your bobcat? any pics of your work?

ATouchofGrass
08-28-2008, 09:09 PM
Thats is a GREATTT setup! What kind of liquids do you send out of that during the winter? Have any of your mowers/ stripers? ;)

deere615
08-28-2008, 09:58 PM
Awesome pics, you have some sweet equipment

DSLND
08-28-2008, 10:08 PM
Whats the wheel/tire combo on the Dodge?

-Mitch-

BulldogPS
08-29-2008, 12:12 PM
Whats the wheel/tire combo on the Dodge?

-Mitch-

20 x 10 Pro Comp teflon coated wheels, Toyo Open Country M/T 33 x 12.5- 305/50/20

BulldogPS
08-29-2008, 12:15 PM
Thats is a GREATTT setup! What kind of liquids do you send out of that during the winter? Have any of your mowers/ stripers? ;)

Magic -0, Only have one pic of the mowers, from last year. I will take some more as we have 2 new Scag Wildcats among other things.

BulldogPS
08-29-2008, 01:01 PM
Is that your bobcat? any pics of your work?

Yeah thats my T190. I do have some Work Pics, but most of my big projects were taken with my 35 mm camera and I have yet to upload those pics onto my computer. All these pics that you see were taken with my employee's digital camera, and I never know what he's going to take a picture of. Most of his pics are blurry, poor angles, glare or dim. I have a few portfolio books that I use to show customers our work, but I have pull the books apart to scan the pics. Here is a few pics of a mulch job that required 40 yds mulch, edging, new plantings. Nothing special, but this house was severely overgrown and had not been mulched in 5 years +. When we started there were no edged beds to seperate the flower beds from the woods. There were damaged shrubs along the house from falling ice and snow that we removed, Trimmed everything. See the wonderfull Photography skills:dizzy:

BulldogPS
08-29-2008, 01:17 PM
This disaster was a 25,000 sq ft lawn that the customer had the house built and the Builders landscaper went under, leaving behind some of the most atrotious work I have ever seen. We had to bring in 400+ yds of loam because the lot was too low and mostly sand. Problem being that a sprinkler system was already installed, and was not set to where grade should be. The stamped concrete walkway was built by the other landscaper, What is up with that pitch, I'm pretty sure that violates every building and safety code on the book, what a hack. We cleaned up the mess spread the the loam and prepped for hydroseed.

BulldogPS
08-29-2008, 01:26 PM
more pics.

I only took this job because it led to a rather large commercial account that fed us all winter and spring.

kreft
08-29-2008, 02:31 PM
I think you should start your own thread. LOL

BulldogPS
08-29-2008, 02:35 PM
Sorry Trudeau. Hey, you asked for pics of work. lol

RedMax Man
08-29-2008, 05:59 PM
RedMax Man, did you get an amigo to help you out?
Yes sir,
Hey redmax do you have stripers on you euipment... I gotta get some pics of my get-up on here
No striper rollers or any attachments for enhancing stripes are on my mowers.
Trudeau, very nice setup.... What are the plans for this fall as far as a leaf box goes? Did you ever end up selling the steel one?
I will build one out of wood. Yes i did sell the leaf box to another landscaper with an F-250 similar to mine and the same dump insert.
TLC-where did you get those decals with your logo on them. I would like to pick some of those up! Thanks bro.
U talkn bout the stickers on tools? The screen printing shop that did all my shirts did those also.
Hell ya I can finally stand on my deck without tip toeing around. Can't wait to see how you and the gaut work out tomorrow, get ready to mow some grass buddy!
Good day today bud and i'm sure you are glad the amigo came. Havent gotten this dirty yet mowin this season. it goes downhill from now with fall cleanups in the near future.
I think you should start your own thread. LOL
You asked for it. hahaha
Sorry Trudeau. Hey, you asked for pics of work. lol

No problem bully LOL. You cant look like a pussy with a co. name like that and head turnin Ford Strokers. Maybe i'll see ya one of these days down at the shop on Alexander.

RedMax Man
08-29-2008, 06:01 PM
Some mow pics..................

RedMax Man
08-29-2008, 06:14 PM
Mowing.............................................................................................. ...........

RedMax Man
08-29-2008, 06:18 PM
Some hedge trimming...

RedMax Man
08-29-2008, 06:22 PM
My amigo:laugh:

RedMax Man
08-29-2008, 06:25 PM
The Scag...

RedMax Man
08-29-2008, 06:31 PM
The Stander. 110 Hours on it and its completely paid for. The machine is very efficient and has lots of muscle with the 23HP Kawi.

CGlandscaping
08-29-2008, 06:47 PM
Dang Remax your lawns look great. Ive got a stander with 400 hours on it and it doesnt make stripes like that... I must be doing something wrong...

A-Land
08-29-2008, 08:55 PM
Where did you get the amigo? Legal? lol Do you have to pick him up and stuff?

Lawns look sharp as usual. For SD on the stander it breaks up the grass good. Those lawns look pretty thick too for that clean of a cut. Good work

Petr51488
08-29-2008, 10:33 PM
You guys are getting rain up there? In northern NJ its dry as a bone. No rain in the forcast for a while!

lawn crafters
08-29-2008, 11:01 PM
post some pics of a lawn cut by the scag

A-Land
08-29-2008, 11:43 PM

Hopefully it doesn't cut as bad as it looks

Impressions Landscaping
08-30-2008, 01:35 AM
I'll answer the questions about "the amigo." The kid is nuts on a trimmer, its almost like he was born with it stuck in his hands. Micah and him helped me out today because I was behind on my mowing for the week and we managed to cut 17 lawns, 5 of which were a fairly good size that needed a decent amount of trimming in about 6 hours. The stander cuts amazing and it definitley gets attention at most of the lawns.

RedMax Man
08-30-2008, 09:36 AM
Dang Remax your lawns look great. Ive got a stander with 400 hours on it and it doesnt make stripes like that... I must be doing something wrong...
Well i dont have any secrets and most lawns are single cut. a few i double cut sometimes when needed.
Where did you get the amigo? Legal? lol Do you have to pick him up and stuff?

Lawns look sharp as usual. For SD on the stander it breaks up the grass good. Those lawns look pretty thick too for that clean of a cut. Good work
He comes from lawrence and has a drivers license but cant afford his car insurance yet. so he takes the bus. Hes been here for 8 years and didnt jump the border.

The fast blade tip speed and big engine help provide a clean cut for the stander.
You guys are getting rain up there? In northern NJ its dry as a bone. No rain in the forcast for a while!
Yeah weve had alot of rain. The last week has been sunny and fairly dry. little rain today.
Ok i'll get on that. I dont have any full propertys cut by the scag. usually just part of a lawn.
Hopefully it doesn't cut as bad as it looks
Not to shabby. leaves stripes at least.
I'll answer the questions about "the amigo." The kid is nuts on a trimmer, its almost like he was born with it stuck in his hands. Micah and him helped me out today because I was behind on my mowing for the week and we managed to cut 17 lawns, 5 of which were a fairly good size that needed a decent amount of trimming in about 6 hours. The stander cuts amazing and it definitley gets attention at most of the lawns.

haha. no wonder you aint answering the phone. posted after 1AM. :nono::drinkup:

08-30-2008, 09:59 AM
Your pics have sold me on the Wright Stander. Next time I need a mower.... yep gonna seriously look at one. Nice Stripes!

A-Land
08-30-2008, 10:32 AM
Haha he looks pretty friendly..... Mystic's guy is pretty scary looking but he seems to be a nice guy too.

How did you find him? What do you pay him? (You can PM me that if you don't want it on the forum)

RedMax Man
08-30-2008, 12:43 PM
Your pics have sold me on the Wright Stander. Next time I need a mower.... yep gonna seriously look at one. Nice Stripes!
I think you would like it at least as much as the pics can prove.
Haha he looks pretty friendly..... Mystic's guy is pretty scary looking but he seems to be a nice guy too.

How did you find him? What do you pay him? (You can PM me that if you don't want it on the forum)

Nah this guy is very friendly. I've never seen him upset or anything of that nature yet. Always smiling laughing and joking around but not sacrificing work for it. he gets along with anyone and speaks very good english.

Another landscaper that my dad and I know uses guatomalens (all legit) and my dad was doing new brick and granite steps at a house and had this guys brother from the other landscape co. come work for him on the job cuz my dad was busy managing another job at the same time too. I stopped by and asked the guy workn if he had any friends or anyone lookn for work. He said his younger brother was and had been out of work for around a month from a former landscaper. So he contacted me and thats how we hooked up.

As of now he gets $13 an hr. He has worked for other landscape companies over the years in Haverhill, Georgetown, and Boxboro.

Definitly not a rookie.

lawncare18
08-30-2008, 02:56 PM

Rain get you behind? How many lawns do you service? Nice you got someone to help ya when you get behind

A-Land
08-30-2008, 03:52 PM
I think you would like it at least as much as the pics can prove.

Nah this guy is very friendly. I've never seen him upset or anything of that nature yet. Always smiling laughing and joking around but not sacrificing work for it. he gets along with anyone and speaks very good english.

Another landscaper that my dad and I know uses guatomalens (all legit) and my dad was doing new brick and granite steps at a house and had this guys brother from the other landscape co. come work for him on the job cuz my dad was busy managing another job at the same time too. I stopped by and asked the guy workn if he had any friends or anyone lookn for work. He said his younger brother was and had been out of work for around a month from a former landscaper. So he contacted me and thats how we hooked up.

As of now he gets $13 an hr. He has worked for other landscape companies over the years in Haverhill, Georgetown, and Boxboro.

Definitly not a rookie.

How many hours are you working him every week?

RedMax Man
08-30-2008, 07:14 PM
How many hours are you working him every week?

He's been with me almost 5 weeks. He gets round 30 hours on average. we start at 8 and end round 5. the most hes gotten so far is 39 hours in a week. when he started he got round 20.

Impressions Landscaping
08-30-2008, 07:59 PM
Rain get you behind? How many lawns do you service? Nice you got someone to help ya when you get behind

The rain not so much, but my trailer needed a new deck in the middle of the week....actually it was me trying to put it off until the end of the season..long story short my cougar went thru the deck on the back of the trailer. So Micah offered to help me out on Friday. I normally mow between 45-50 properties a week. Micah and his Guat are unbelievable workers, and the Guatamalen is exteremley friendly...especially towards women haha.

Timothybuck13
08-30-2008, 08:08 PM
hey I'm 17 and still in school. My business is doing well but I have't grow b/c of school. Do you have any suggestions?

ATouchofGrass
08-30-2008, 08:35 PM
The rain not so much, but my trailer needed a new deck in the middle of the week....actually it was me trying to put it off until the end of the season..long story short my cougar went thru the deck on the back of the trailer. So Micah offered to help me out on Friday. I normally mow between 45-50 properties a week. Micah and his Guat are unbelievable workers, and the Guatamalen is exteremley friendly...especially towards women haha.

You always have to be friendly to the nice single soccer mommies ;) I know my son has gotten many offers and i just drool and think back to the college days :laugh:

A-Land
08-30-2008, 09:05 PM
hey I'm 17 and still in school. My business is doing well but I have't grow b/c of school. Do you have any suggestions?

You'll learn that 24 hours in a day isn't enough time to get everything done there is to do. Make school your priority for now, there will be plenty of time to make money when you're out. Also build connections with others in your area so when you are short on time and need things done, others can help you out.

A-Land
08-30-2008, 09:08 PM
He's been with me almost 5 weeks. He gets round 30 hours on average. we start at 8 and end round 5. the most hes gotten so far is 39 hours in a week. when he started he got round 20.

He must be saving you A LOT of time. I would just hate writing the check out every week for $300+.... Have you been able to add enough work so that you are netting similar money to what you were making as a solo op.?

ProCut_48
08-30-2008, 09:17 PM
what do you use for baging with the stander and how well do it work for larger yard like how many times you dump and how often? cuz im in the market for a new mower and im thinking of a toro grandstand but we bag 90% of are yard and some are 2 acer watered and fert. soo the baging is the hold up other wise i like the idea of a stander.

Tyler7692
08-30-2008, 09:32 PM
Do you actually use all those things in the dump bed and all the rakes and hand tools on a daily basis?

RedMax Man
08-30-2008, 10:29 PM
Yeah i'll make sure he's not there when Rachel or Kelsy are around. He makes the funniest comments and statements when we're driving in the truck between jobs.
Well if your thinking i'm growing very fast and outta control. I'm not. its been a slow process. The economy has kept things from taking off for many this year. do your best to secure what u have for work and build off that.
He must be saving you A LOT of time. I would just hate writing the check out every week for $300+.... Have you been able to add enough work so that you are netting similar money to what you were making as a solo op.?
yes he makes the job go faster. I had a kid working with me before him so this isn't my first time having an employee. I have add more account and work so having another guys is paying of and making it worth it while also being able to expand and stay dependable for my customer base.
what do you use for baging with the stander and how well do it work for larger yard like how many times you dump and how often? cuz im in the market for a new mower and im thinking of a toro grandstand but we bag 90% of are yard and some are 2 acer watered and fert. soo the baging is the hold up other wise i like the idea of a stander.
I use the Grass Gobbler. Its not fun for big properties but i dont bag all the time. the grass catching options for Stander's arent the best as far as quantity. Its nice have the Walker because it makes up for it.
Do you actually use all those things in the dump bed and all the rakes and hand tools on a daily basis?

Yes anything in the dump i put in when we leave the shop in the morning so its thing we need for jobs during the day. the rakes and hand tools are used often too. i carry extra rakes because they do break when you arent expecting it.

SNAPPER MAN
08-30-2008, 10:53 PM
I honestly do not think that guy is guatamalan. I have guatamalans working for me and they are all short and very dark skinned. Ive never seen a guatamalan look like the one working for you. But hey who cares what nationality they are as long as they do good work.

Riley Lawn Service
09-01-2008, 12:51 AM
that is a nice ford truck does it have a V8 or V10 Triton?

Kennedy Landscaping
09-01-2008, 12:58 AM
Says it has a V8

Uranus
09-01-2008, 01:09 AM
How you been? I was looking back at some of my posts from last year and saw your leaf box. If I remember right you sold the box. What are you going to do for leaves this year?

RedMax Man
09-01-2008, 09:38 AM
I honestly do not think that guy is guatamalan. I have guatamalans working for me and they are all short and very dark skinned. Ive never seen a guatamalan look like the one working for you. But hey who cares what nationality they are as long as they do good work.
Well he doesn't seem to be an idiot and not know his own nationality so i could tell ya for sure. hes shorter then me. I'd say he is 5' 8"
that is a nice ford truck does it have a V8 or V10 Triton?
5.4L V8
Says it has a V8
Your right
How you been? I was looking back at some of my posts from last year and saw your leaf box. If I remember right you sold the box. What are you going to do for leaves this year?

Hanging in there, been good for the most part. Yes i sold the steal leaf box. Just gona make one out of wood and not so tall.

SNAPPER MAN
09-01-2008, 11:07 AM
Ya I believe that he is guatamalan but he just doesnt look like it. Of course im mexican but I look like an average gringo lol.

RedMax Man
09-02-2008, 10:26 PM
Ya I believe that he is guatamalan but he just doesnt look like it. Of course im mexican but I look like an average gringo lol.

His brother is bout the same hight. maybe 5' 8"

SNAPPER MAN
09-02-2008, 10:32 PM
Ha, thats kool. Like I said, it doesnt matter what color or race they are as long as they are a good worker.

M RASCOE&SONS
09-03-2008, 07:11 PM
your work looks real nice ,keep it up and it will payoff big.i wanted to ask you about the dump insert and how you like it and also if you dont mind me askin why did you sell that steel leaf box?im putting a dump insert in my truck and want as much pros and cons if i can for fall clean up.

lil_cote_93
09-06-2008, 05:08 PM
I think you have one of the nicest set ups on this site. Clean simple, and effective.
nice work

lil_cote_93
09-06-2008, 05:12 PM
interested in what mower you use the most?

RedMax Man
09-06-2008, 10:01 PM
Ha, thats kool. Like I said, it doesnt matter what color or race they are as long as they are a good worker.
Exactly
your work looks real nice ,keep it up and it will payoff big.i wanted to ask you about the dump insert and how you like it and also if you dont mind me askin why did you sell that steel leaf box?im putting a dump insert in my truck and want as much pros and cons if i can for fall clean up.
The dump insert is great and requires no extra labor for removing materials and debris if you can just "dump" it out. Only "con" imo would be that with the added weight of the dump insert you can't carry as much materials but its easier to load and unload the dump so i you still come out ahead. I sold the leaf box because it was to big and bulky and a chore to install and remove.
I think you have one of the nicest set ups on this site. Clean simple, and effective.
nice work
Well thanks!
interested in what mower you use the most?

Stander. hands down.

RedMax Man
09-08-2008, 10:26 PM
I just noticed this lawn doesn't look to good in the pics. Gona check it when i cut again this week.