PDA

View Full Version : Adding pics

mx495
06-02-2008, 10:44 PM
Someone started making a site for me and never finished. I would like to add some pics to what is already done and label them. Could someone explain to me how to do it or where a good place is that describes how to do it? I would like to know so I can update/change pics. Thanks for any help.

Here is what is done so far.

DLMlawncare.com

Raven386
06-02-2008, 10:50 PM
how did they make your site? using a program or....

mx495
06-02-2008, 10:59 PM
I guess that's my problem. I am pretty ignorant on the subject. He told me how he did it but I don't remember. Didn't call it a program, just referred to what he did using a couple of letters.

dilligaf1
06-12-2008, 11:00 AM
Hi mx495,
the designer was probably referring to html as to what he used. I looked at your site and the designer used software as the site was designed in CSS. Probably dreamweaver program.
Hope that helps you.

mx495
06-12-2008, 10:25 PM
Thanks for trying to help. YOu say it was designed in CSS. What does CSS mean?

Turf Troll
06-13-2008, 05:19 AM
cascading style sheet

Joe Shooner
06-16-2008, 07:29 PM
What css means is that a web developer writes a .css file that contains all the "style sheet" information (think fonts, font sizes, colors, background colors, etc.) into a file that each html page of your site will then reference. The idea is that if you write the style data once then it's easier to change say, your headline font, across the whole site once it's completed.

The downside is that your web page is written using tables. Think of tables as boxes that divide up your web page, and they contain the text or photos in their area. Tables are not a huge problem, but they always give me fits. I find that if I screw up the tables I have a tough time fixing it and have to ask our web guy to fix it for me.

mx495
06-16-2008, 08:18 PM
Yea, I figured out how to add and edit. The tables you are talking about are nice to use at first, but can be frustrating as it seems they limit you. Without the templates I guess I would be completely lost though, so for me I guess they are a necesarry evil.LOL

Qland
06-18-2008, 03:34 AM
If you need some help go to http://qcomputerservices.com/WebDesign.html
very affordible web design and remakes, just give them a call or send them email.

DoubleJ
06-22-2008, 12:08 PM
Mx,

Did you get what you needed figured out or did you need help with something else? I do a little lawn work and a little web design in my spare time, so let me know.

mx495
06-22-2008, 12:09 PM
I think I have it figured out. Thanks