PDA

View Full Version : FS. Hustler Hydro 37" wb

Accu-cut Lawn Care
06-03-2008, 04:59 PM
I gained a customer in Spring of 2007 that demanded the use of a small, hydro wb. As it turned out, the customer was a really slow payer... So, I dropped them. Now the mower just sits in my garage collecting dust.

Details:
Purchased in April of 2007, It still has almost a year of warranty left.
15 hp kawasaki engine
mulch and discharge
proslide
weight kit
10 hours of use
looks new
$4200 with free delivery within 100 miles OR lowcost delivery if you are located between Chattanooga, TN and Miami, Florida.
Sorry, I will NOT palletize and ship... no exceptions
I'll post pictures if anyone is interested

Accu-cut Lawn Care
06-03-2008, 05:04 PM
PS.
I would entertain the possibility of a trade for a PWC, boat, or a 4wd 4 wheeler.

eblankenship
06-03-2008, 05:23 PM
Got any pics?

Accu-cut Lawn Care
06-03-2008, 05:28 PM
I'll have them up tomorrow.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
06-13-2008, 09:14 PM
New price...$4000. Plus, I'm vacationing in NC next week... so, delivery from here to there is possible as well.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
06-16-2008, 11:20 AM
Bump. Plus I'm going to Oak Island, NC this Sunday. I'll include free shipping if your locale is nearly within my driving route. The first week of August, I'm vacationing near Cocoa Beach, Florida; so, the same applies for that, too. I haven't had a chance to take pics yet... but, aside from a faded engine decal, the mower looks new. Infact, it's never even been washed. I'll take pics if there is any interest in this mower.

HoneyBabe
06-16-2008, 12:42 PM
More intrest would be in the mower if you did take pictures

Accu-cut Lawn Care
06-21-2008, 11:55 AM
The first person to give me 3500 gets this mower. I could post pics; but really, it is in new condition.

Youngone07
06-28-2008, 08:13 PM
Im very Interested, pics, please:confused:

coolluv
06-29-2008, 07:54 AM
What year was it made? I'm guessing its an 05.

Dave...

Accu-cut Lawn Care
11-10-2008, 07:36 PM
Make offers....

Accu-cut Lawn Care
11-10-2008, 07:37 PM
A few more... That proslide tosses out some mean stripes.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
11-10-2008, 08:57 PM
I'll also reiterate the details.

2006(I believe). Bought new in Spring of 2007. It's still under warranty.

10 hours. I dropped the customer it was intended for. Since then, it's sat covered in my garage. I've only started the engine a few times to cut my own yard an stripe it up. It's probably one of the nicest 1537's in existence. There are a few VERY MINOR rust blemishes on the trimside of the deck; but it is still in better shape then most nos(new-old stock) units at dealerships. Infact, I've never even washed it aside for using windex cleaner wipes to knock off some dust. The finish is as brilliant as new. The engine sticker is cracked and faded; but, it was like that when I bought it. I actually haven't seen a Kawasaki 15hp engine hold it's decal for more than 1 year.

15hp Kawasaki powered. Pull start. It cranks on the 1st pull everytime. Fresh oil change.

Twin Hydro with H-bar steering. It handles very well.

Mulch and disharge kits with many sets of SHARP blades for both. Four axis float for the deck... and, it's adjustable in .25" increments.

Proslide sulky folds up automatically when you step off of it. Also, as well as being comfortable and maneuverable, it stripes coolseason turf very nicely.

Make offers. I need to sell this unit asap. I'll deliver, too.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
11-11-2008, 03:35 PM
Bump. Sweet mower!

Lawnworks
11-11-2008, 07:56 PM
$1500??????????????

Mike's LawnCare Landscape
11-11-2008, 08:14 PM
$1500??????????????
$1501 and I will pic up !!
Come on now Thats a nice mower worth more then $1500>so I don't want it to go for that.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
11-11-2008, 10:05 PM
$1500 isn't even in the ballpark. This is a new condition, sought after, mower. I tested a trimstar before I bought the 37". It was obvious that my model was built with much more durability in mind.

Lawnworks
11-11-2008, 10:17 PM
Well I just figured I would throw that out there. I guess it will sit for a few more months.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
11-12-2008, 12:54 AM
Well I just figured I would throw that out there. I guess it will sit for a few more months.

It's worth a shot. Spring is probably a better time to sell it. I'd just like to have a little bit more room in my garage.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
11-12-2008, 03:32 PM
Okay, I guess the make offers deal didn't work out too well. Here is a definite price on this machine.

As it sits now... with blades, proslide, etc... $3200.

Without the proslide, I'd take 3,000.

I'll happily deliver it; but, over 100 miles would need to pay a slight fee for gas.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
11-13-2008, 01:02 PM
Here's acomparable unit for sale in my area. Note that this one does not include extra blades, a mulch kit or a Proslide. Plus, mine is in much better shape. The one on Craigslist has lived outside all of its life and looks the part.

http://chattanooga.craigslist.org/grd/913506094.html

Accu-cut Lawn Care
11-13-2008, 01:04 PM
... and that one is 4600!

Lawnworks
11-13-2008, 05:41 PM
Just put it on ebay w/ no reserve and let us determine the market value for you!

Accu-cut Lawn Care
11-13-2008, 05:50 PM
LOL. No way. If it was a sit outside beater, I probably would. But, it's not. Plus, I've boycotted ebay ever since paypal held my funds from the sale of 2 ps3's for 3 months.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
11-13-2008, 05:51 PM
Just put it on ebay w/ no reserve and let us determine the market value for you!

I know you don't want to buy it... So, answer me this one question... What do you think it's worth? Honestly.

Lawnworks
11-13-2008, 06:01 PM
Probably 2k... I actually have that exact mower... and I probably need to replace it this year or next year. How about 1500 and a billy goat parking lot blower?

Accu-cut Lawn Care
11-13-2008, 07:24 PM
Probably 2k... I actually have that exact mower... and I probably need to replace it this year or next year. How about 1500 and a billy goat parking lot blower?

2k... That's funny(I'm really not offended). I sold an old, kohler powered snapper 48" belt drive in maintained-but, very old shape-for 1500. I know that my Hustler is worth way more than that. If you want to replace your wb with a Hustler... you'll have to settle for a trimstar... which boast those izt transmissions that we have come to know and love. Plus, it's pretty obvious that cost of materials was a factor when they went to that new design. I doubt you will ever be able to find a straight up dual hydro walkbehind in as nice of shape as mine. You know it and I do, too... Not too mention the fact that my mower comes with the proslide(which is awesome), weight kit, mulch kit, new blades, etc. That stuff wasn't free either. I don't think that 3200 for this setup is too much to ask. Do you?

Lawnworks
11-13-2008, 07:43 PM
I saw a hydro Gravely sell on ebay for 2k w/ low hours like yours. If yours was an exmark... yeah it would prob be worth 3k... but for some reason Hustlers don't hold there value well... don't know why... Hustler walkbehinds are probably the easiest walkbehind to mow with. I don't know what the extras are worth... probably better to seperate to get a better price.

Scag413
11-13-2008, 07:44 PM
2k... That's funny(I'm really not offended). I sold an old, kohler powered snapper 48" belt drive in maintained-but, very old shape-for 1500. I know that my Hustler is worth way more than that. If you want to replace your wb with a Hustler... you'll have to settle for a trimstar... which boast those izt transmissions that we have come to know and love. Plus, it's pretty obvious that cost of materials was a factor when they went to that new design. I doubt you will ever be able to find a straight up dual hydro walkbehind in as nice of shape as mine. You know it and I do, too... Not too mention the fact that my mower comes with the proslide(which is awesome), weight kit, mulch kit, new blades, etc. That stuff wasn't free either. I don't think that 3200 for this setup is too much to ask. Do you?

I'm gonna jump in here. No I don't think that is too much to ask. The problem is its at the end of the mowing season so not many people will be looking to buy. If its not hurting you by having it I would keep it until the spring time and you will get 3200 for it hands down. That's a nice machine with a good price. But this time of the year you might have to come down to like 3k. I wouldnt let it go for less than that though. JMO

Lawnworks
11-13-2008, 07:59 PM
Well he had it listed several months ago and it still did not sell.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
11-13-2008, 08:11 PM
I saw a hydro Gravely sell on ebay for 2k w/ low hours like yours. If yours was an exmark... yeah it would prob be worth 3k... but for some reason Hustlers don't hold there value well... don't know why... Hustler walkbehinds are probably the easiest walkbehind to mow with. I don't know what the extras are worth... probably better to seperate to get a better price.

Gravely and exmark are nonfactors in my area. Here, Hustlers are seen as the topnotch brand. I think that the poor hustler resale value went away when they started powdercoating instead of painting. I had an 03 Hustler z that looked like crap after 3 years(though it still ran like new). My Super Z's finish has held up a million times better than that one. When it comes to separating stuff- of course I'm not going to do that with model specific stuff like the weight, blades, or mulch kit; but, I would use the proslide as a bargaining chip to lower the price... Then, sell it to someone else. But, it would be a mistake for whoever buys it not to take the Proslide. That would be like the parable about the husband that sold his yacht to buy his wife a golden door for the house... and the wife that sold their house so that she could buy her husband a golden anchor for his yacht. The Hustler, with the weight kit, and the proslide just go so well together.

Lawnworks
11-13-2008, 08:13 PM
Supply and demand my friend.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
11-13-2008, 08:18 PM
I understand that... I just can't believe noone has jumped on this. I guess that's just the nature of the beast when you try and sell stuff in winter. Not to sound Canuckish- But, EH, I'd just hold on to it before getting taken to the cleaners. If when I was shopping for this mower, I found one just like it for 3200, I would have driven 500 miles for it.

Grits
11-13-2008, 08:49 PM
It is a very fair price on a great mower. I, personally, think it is worth a little more than $3200. It will sell sooner or later.

J.A.G LAWNCARE
11-13-2008, 09:35 PM
$2000 and you drop it off in my driveway in ohio and give me a demmo

lifetree
11-13-2008, 09:39 PM
... and that one is 4600!

Yeah, but it's a 48" with 3 blades and bigger engine !!

lifetree
11-13-2008, 09:45 PM
... I just can't believe noone has jumped on this ...

It's probably a function of the end of the season as well as the general economic situation !!

Accu-cut Lawn Care
11-13-2008, 10:04 PM
Yeah, but it's a 48" with 3 blades and bigger engine !!

Msrp wise, the difference between a 48 and 37 is around $400.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
11-13-2008, 10:32 PM
Well he had it listed several months ago and it still did not sell.

Since then, I've dropped the price 1,000 and posted pictures. Plus, I've changed the oil and set the deck level to the tolerance of .01 of an inch. Break out your dial out guage and your liquid leveled surface and see what you get out of your deck!

Lawnworks
11-13-2008, 11:31 PM
I think you should just keep it... I think your expectations are a little too high. If it was a good deal... it would be sold.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
11-13-2008, 11:42 PM
No, as much as I wish I could keep it... my truck is perfectly set up for my 60" Z. With the way gas prices have been and the size of my route, I've nixed hauling the trailer... the 37" has just sat. I know someone needs this mower. I'll just keep it up for sale until spring if I have to. Though, when it comes, I may decide to keep it. Who knows..........

lifetree
11-14-2008, 08:51 PM
... I'll just keep it up for sale until spring if I have to. Though, when it comes, I may decide to keep it. ...

This is probably the best thing to do at this point !!

Justin's L and L
11-15-2008, 08:21 PM
i've been reading these threads and just wondered if you still have this mower for sale and what your asking for it now. Im north of indianapolis about 25 min. what would you charge to get it there or close.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
11-15-2008, 08:57 PM
i've been reading these threads and just wondered if you still have this mower for sale and what your asking for it now. Im north of indianapolis about 25 min. what would you charge to get it there or close.

$3,200 is the price- I'm firm on that; but, would sell it for 3,000 without the proslide. I'd drive it to you for 400... Louisville is halfway... 200 for that.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
11-16-2008, 07:33 PM
I sharpened the blades today and mowed my lawn. This little Hustler cuts great... But needs a new home. My Jetski needs a spot in the garage... It's getting cold.

greenguys.lawncare
11-17-2008, 07:30 PM
If I had 3200 I would buy it. Keep it on here if I come up with a little more money i'll take it.

4curbappeal
11-17-2008, 10:56 PM
Best small walk-behind ever made! Puts it's replacement (trim star) to shame!
These are getting very hard to find. If some one is looking for a WB for gated props, better snag this one!!!!!

Soupy
11-19-2008, 12:21 AM
I think it's a great price. the only problem I see and the reasons why Im not buying it is... It is a 37 and not 36, My 36" toro has problems getting in some small gates. out of the handfull of gated lawns I mow, 2 of them are 35" gates. Another reason would be if it's a tad big for all gates, it's also a tad small to buy as a non gated mower too. meaning even with poistage stamp lawns a 48" seems better, or if lots of gates a 36". Why Hustler uses these odd size deck I don't know. I'm on my second Hustler in 6 years but they are Z's

I'm curios why you would buy a dedicated mower for one property. Its not cost effective unless your doing several properties. Before I bought mine I was using a 21" on 5 gated properties. I got a deal and bought a 3 year old toro and a rusted trailer for $1000. I painted the trailer and sold it for $600 giving me a reason to own a 36". But really it was a bad business desicion on your part to even buy this mower.

Thats my opinion, I do wish you luck selling it.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
11-19-2008, 03:03 AM
I think it's a great price. the only problem I see and the reasons why Im not buying it is... It is a 37 and not 36, My 36" toro has problems getting in some small gates. out of the handfull of gated lawns I mow, 2 of them are 35" gates. Another reason would be if it's a tad big for all gates, it's also a tad small to buy as a non gated mower too. meaning even with poistage stamp lawns a 48" seems better, or if lots of gates a 36". Why Hustler uses these odd size deck I don't know. I'm on my second Hustler in 6 years but they are Z's

I'm curios why you would buy a dedicated mower for one property. Its not cost effective unless your doing several properties. Before I bought mine I was using a 21" on 5 gated properties. I got a deal and bought a 3 year old toro and a rusted trailer for $1000. I painted the trailer and sold it for $600 giving me a reason to own a 36". But really it was a bad business desicion on your part to even buy this mower.

Thats my opinion, I do wish you luck selling it.

My 37" will fit into a 36" gate. The offset of the deck allows you to pop the front end up at an angle to achieve this. The property that I bought this machine for was a 1200 per month job. The back lawn was terraced, on the lake... and maintenance at this place would have lead to mucho landscape opportunities. It's not my fault that they turned out to be a bunch of nonpaying pitas. I was planning to market more gated properties; but, with the way gas prices shot up, it was more cost effective to just haul one 60" z on the back of my truck to service a commercial chain that takes me over 2 states and 7 counties. Put it this way... If i were to have taken a gated lawn in Athens, TN... I would have to haul a 16 or 20 foot trailer with a z and the walkbehind. For that one property, I would waste more gas hauling a trailer than I would have earned with the wb.
Mistake to buy... business or otherwise??? Ha, you speak of what you do not know! It won't hurt my pocketbook at all to keep it.

rsp1961
11-19-2008, 11:35 AM
ive been watching this thread because i'm in knoxville, and was interested in the mower. however, i'm with "soupy" on this one. for one, the odd size is just odd. the standard on gates has been set for years before skag made this mower, so why manufacture it?

also, i prefer doing things the way soupy described. from my experience, these big clients that have beautiful homes on the lake, perfectly manicured lawns, etc can be the worst customers of all. main reason being that they have no respect for the work we do, and thus they dont think we should be paid much or on time. they usually are so over extended in their credit, they are borrowing from one credit card to pay another. have one now that has been promising me a huge outlet mall in pigeon forge, probably knowing ill bend over backwards for him on his residential work, but basically he has not come through. did some mulching and clean outs for him and it was like pulling teeth to get the $7-800 from him. needless to say, im not expecting much from him.

but, back to the mower. i wanted it for some new condo properties im hopefully going to pick up next year, and it does seem like the best, but right now, money is tight. as others have requested, keep it posted for those of us who cannot afford it right now. good luck.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
11-22-2008, 09:25 AM
SOLD! 3,200. I was kinda psychic about who would buy it... Turned out that there are some cool wives out there. It was a Christmas present for her husband.

Scag413
11-22-2008, 02:07 PM
Dang! I hope a marry a woman that will do that for me HAHA. But well done sticking to your guns and not letting the morons that are on here that want everything for free get you yo lose a lot of money. Good job

Lawnworks
11-22-2008, 07:10 PM
Dang! I hope a marry a woman that will do that for me HAHA. But well done sticking to your guns and not letting the morons that are on here that want everything for free get you yo lose a lot of money. Good job

And you must be one of those morons that pays asking price!!!

davidcalhoun
11-22-2008, 08:04 PM
Scag 413,

So I see your calling most of us "morons". Did you know that only 2 different people of the 54 post were actual offers to this guy? Most post were just offering good old common sense. Did you also know that Accu-cut lawn was responsible for 1/2 of these 54 post? Based on these facts, you might have been able to say 2 of the people who posted made low offers. I can't help but feel as though you just lost the respect of the rest of us who you called "morons". We all look forward to your wise and intelligent posts in the future.

Lawnworks
11-22-2008, 09:07 PM
I am glad you sold it... that is great actually. Was it somebody off of lawnsite?

Accu-cut Lawn Care
11-23-2008, 01:16 AM
It was a lady off craigslist. I'm using that in the future to sell stuff aswell. It's way easier than ebay. I literally had to choose who to sell it to. Within 3 days, I had 5 legitimate offers.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
11-23-2008, 01:20 AM
Scag 413,

So I see your calling most of us "morons". Did you know that only 2 different people of the 54 post were actual offers to this guy? Most post were just offering good old common sense. Did you also know that Accu-cut lawn was responsible for 1/2 of these 54 post? Based on these facts, you might have been able to say 2 of the people who posted made low offers. I can't help but feel as though you just lost the respect of the rest of us who you called "morons". We all look forward to your wise and intelligent posts in the future.

I think you are kinda off base with some of your comments. You take this site way too seriously, I guess. Yes, I did make a lot of posts on a thread that I created... You chose to read and respond. Don't knock some guy for having an opinion...

Scag413
11-23-2008, 02:44 AM
And you must be one of those morons that pays asking price!!!

No sir, I did not buy it. I was just saying I thought it was a fair price not a great price.

Scag413
11-23-2008, 02:55 AM
I just wanted to add that david I sent you a PM. And that for anyone else out that I could have or did offend I apologize. I did not mean to bring more bashing to this site. I know realize "moron" was the wrong word to use and that I definitely could have found a better one. Sorry once again

Lawnworks
11-23-2008, 10:07 AM
I think you are kinda off base with some of your comments. You take this site way too seriously, I guess. Yes, I did make a lot of posts on a thread that I created... You chose to read and respond. Don't knock some guy for having an opinion...

Wow... from my experiences craigslist is a bunch of cheapasses(like me!)... and lawnsite is a bunch of tirekickers.

davidcalhoun
11-23-2008, 12:39 PM
Scag413, You showed some class. I like that. My family still has some land/old cabin not to far from you in the Hoosier National Forrest ?(Tell City area).

Scag413
11-23-2008, 04:01 PM
Scag413, You showed some class. I like that. My family still has some land/old cabin not to far from you in the Hoosier National Forrest ?(Tell City area).

oh yeah that pretty cool. I am not far from that at all. Mabye an hour's drive or so and I would be there