PDA

View Full Version : Ugly piping

Waterit
06-03-2008, 09:42 PM
C'mon, we've all seen some - post some pics!

Here the compression coupling is on the fittings, not the piping; the main line feeds 3 control valves, then continues on to the geothermal system (water source is a 1HP submersible) - no isolation valves, it's all or nothing. Note the capped-off vertical from the main line - HO told me he accidentally cut into it to add a head.

DanaMac
06-03-2008, 09:48 PM
yup, that's ugly all right.

aric43085
06-04-2008, 01:20 PM
A landscaper installed this system then disappeared. Now I know why the homeowner couldn't get a hold of him. Pretty easy to find, just follow the hissing noise.

k911lowe
06-04-2008, 01:27 PM
using compression couplings is a good sign of amateur work.show us some pictures after you finish it.make sure you shoe the HO how it should be done.looks like he did it.

Flow Control
06-04-2008, 01:38 PM
MacGyver called and said it was not him

WalkGood
06-04-2008, 02:38 PM
A landscaper installed this system then disappeared. Now I know why the homeowner couldn't get a hold of him. Pretty easy to find, just follow the hissing noise.

That's for flow control, right? :rolleyes:

Wet_Boots
06-04-2008, 03:48 PM
Don't you recognize an EZ-Link 3000 water saving accessory?

Mike Leary
06-04-2008, 03:50 PM
Don't you recognize an EZ-Link 3000 water saving accessory?

Made by Weather-Matic to complement their solenoids.

Waterit
06-04-2008, 06:15 PM
using compression couplings is a good sign of amateur work.show us some pictures after you finish it.make sure you shoe the HO how it should be done.looks like he did it.

These pics were from a few years back, when I decided to put together a CD to give to new hires to show them what NOT to do. Never took a pic of the completed repair - but we have others! Just a matter of getting them scanned in and uploaded, maybe this weekend.

Waterit
06-04-2008, 06:19 PM
That's for flow control, right? :rolleyes::nono:

Don't you recognize an EZ-Link 3000 water saving accessory?:nono:

Made by Weather-Matic to complement their solenoids.:nono:

Not for flow control or water-saving, and not by W-M either.

That is the Orbit PED-100, for equalizing the pressure between 2 zones. This way, neither one of them works worth a flip.:laugh:

WalkGood
06-04-2008, 06:47 PM
:nono:

Not for flow control or water-saving, and not by W-M either.

That is the Orbit PED-100, for equalizing the pressure between 2 zones. This way, neither one of them works worth a flip.:laugh:

It's for solving water hammer :hammerhead: issues!!! :dizzy::laugh::dizzy:

BrandonV
06-04-2008, 07:13 PM
it's actually a poly/PVC hybrid system, installed by a gent from Mass that went south for the winter.

DanaMac
06-04-2008, 07:19 PM
it's actually a poly/PVC hybrid system, installed by a gent from Mass that went south for the winter.

Oh! He's been Pwnd. Is that the right term? I still can't get the lingo down right... :laugh:

Mike Leary
06-04-2008, 07:36 PM
Oh! He's been Pwnd. Is that the right term? I still can't get the lingo down right... :laugh:

Let me know if you find out, could be we could use it against ROTAR for
starting it in the first place.

CAPT Stream Rotar
06-04-2008, 09:17 PM

PWNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EZ there Brandon...

Don't want me spilling your nursery's trade secrets......

DanaMac
06-04-2008, 09:40 PM
PWNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But what does it mean???????????

CAPT Stream Rotar
06-04-2008, 09:43 PM

PwnT=Pwned=Owned

Mike Leary
06-04-2008, 09:43 PM

If it's gross, he could, at least, PM one of us no clue guys.:dizzy:

DanaMac
06-04-2008, 09:45 PM
If it's gross, he could, at least, PM one of us no clue guys.:dizzy:

I kind of get the Owned thing. If it's the same I got it figured out.

BrandonV
06-04-2008, 09:46 PM
PWNT
Origins stem from owned, ownage, ownt. The character 'o' is next to the character 'p' on the keyboard. It was formed when some anonymous original party accidentally hit the 'p' for the word "OWNED".

It has the exact same meaning as the verb to own. The two words and their derivatives can be used interchangeably.

1. When a player is severely beaten by another player or party of players, in a game.
2. An expletive about a situation where something painful, embarassing, or bad happens to someone in real life.

The main dispute with this word is its pronunciation. It is originally believed that the 'p' is an accident and therefore not pronounced. However, several pronunciations have become accepted: p'ownt, pwynt, pinnt, etc.
1. Gamer 1: I just killed your entire group and won the game.
Gamer 2: You pwnt us all...

2. Oh my God, did you see that guy get hit by that car? He was pwnt!

DanaMac
06-04-2008, 09:47 PM
PWNT
Origins stem from owned, ownage, ownt. The character 'o' is next to the character 'p' on the keyboard. It was formed when some anonymous original party accidentally hit the 'p' for the word "OWNED".

It has the exact same meaning as the verb to own. The two words and their derivatives can be used interchangeably.

1. When a player is severely beaten by another player or party of players, in a game.
2. An expletive about a situation where something painful, embarassing, or bad happens to someone in real life.

The main dispute with this word is its pronunciation. It is originally believed that the 'p' is an accident and therefore not pronounced. However, several pronunciations have become accepted: p'ownt, pwynt, pinnt, etc.
1. Gamer 1: I just killed your entire group and won the game.
Gamer 2: You pwnt us all...

2. Oh my God, did you see that guy get hit by that car? He was pwnt!

You are friggin' hilarious!!!!!! :laugh:

BrandonV
06-04-2008, 09:48 PM
PWNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EZ there Brandon...

Don't want me spilling your nursery's trade secrets......

spill away, I'll take notes! just so you know we were at 95˚ with 1000% humidity, good digging weather. can i come up north?*trucewhiteflag*

Wet_Boots
06-04-2008, 09:50 PM
It oays tp increase ypur wprd opwer :dizzy:

DanaMac
06-04-2008, 09:50 PM
spill away, I'll take notes! just so you know we were at 95˚ with 1000% humidity, good digging weather. can i come up north?

How about Colorado? High about 60 tomorrow. snow in the mountains

CAPT Stream Rotar
06-04-2008, 09:54 PM
we could use you up north..

the new company I work with charges 80 a valve 50 a head....4 G's per tree used with a spader...

You boys could make a killing....Also I found out there are under 10 people on cape that knows how to use the spader like you have.....

its wide open open....Bring GUNN!

greenmonster304
06-05-2008, 09:09 PM
I met a guy who said he had his landscaper do some additions to his system and now there is no pressure on one zone. I get there and this jerk put 8 pgp with # 6 nozzles on one zone that only has about 12 gpm. and then I see a leak on the same zone so I dig it up and find this. I guess the extra $.50 for a coupling put him over budget.

Mike Leary
06-05-2008, 10:49 PM
I guess the extra $.50 for a coupling put him over budget.

Guy was obviously a piker, I'd have used two hose clamps.