PDA

View Full Version : Z spray for golf course

Athletic field
06-04-2008, 12:12 PM
I talked to a local golf course. It's an 18 hole public course. Nothing fancy. They want an estimate to spray their fairways for dandelions ( no concerned about clover). They want a estimate per acre. It's a little hilly. I plan on using trimec.

I have a Z-max with foamer.
I have the lavender tips, 40 psi at 5 mph. Rate: Third of a gallon per acre

What would you guys charge for something like this?

Itsgottobegreen
06-04-2008, 08:56 PM
Um why doesn't the golf course have their own sprayer. Everyone one I know of has at least one with a 10' boom and a spot spray tank to put in a utility cart.

Athletic field
06-04-2008, 11:13 PM
Well I guess this one dosen't. They bought the course in bad shape and want to pump some money into it and ask to take care of their dandelion problem. I don't know what equipment they have don't really care, just trying to figure out how to approach this one.

TPendagast
06-09-2008, 10:32 PM
give them a T&M price

packey
06-11-2008, 11:36 AM
I agree give a time and materials price. Their are just to many acres and obsticles on a golf course to be guesstamating.

barefootlawnsandlandscape
06-12-2008, 08:48 AM
I can tell you from experience that it will be a pretty easy application. The fairways will be wide open with few obstacles. The hills should be easy to manuever as they have to mow them. The Trimec should take care of the clover also. Just try and get ahead of the golfers, they will be the one thing that holds you up. If they are closed on Monday, like some clubs, then that would be your best day to spray. What I did when I was a superintendent was start on #1 and try and get the front nine done without getting caught by the golfers. Then on the back nine I would start my spray tech on #18 and work backwards so that you are not following the same group around the course. I would also do time and materials, maybe let them purchase the materials.

JTHutch
07-15-2008, 04:18 PM
I would think the Golf course would have an acerage of how much maintained fairway they have. Figure it the same way you would a regular lawn and then add 10%. If they are calling for bids from more than one company then Tme and Materials isn't going to cut it. I wouldn't hire someone who told me I'll charge you time and materials.