PDA

View Full Version : My Stuff

farmboy1285
06-06-2008, 01:16 AM
I got some time over the weekend and got the power washer out and got everything cleaned up real well so I thought Id take a few pics.

Mowers from the front
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk178/farmboy1285/Picture063.jpg

Mowers from the side
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk178/farmboy1285/Picture062.jpg

My baby: Great Dane Surfer
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk178/farmboy1285/Picture066.jpg

Encore 48" I just finished fixing this one up
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk178/farmboy1285/Picture064.jpg

Encore 32"
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk178/farmboy1285/Picture069.jpg

Stihl Equipment
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk178/farmboy1285/Picture070.jpg

Everything loaded up
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk178/farmboy1285/Picture072.jpg

So what do ya think? Im gonna try to get some pics of my stripes later this week.

Supper Grassy
06-06-2008, 06:25 AM
Nice Equipment

farmboy1285
06-06-2008, 12:05 PM
Thanks I have worked hard since I was a kid to buy my stuff. I like to keep my stuff nice.

zemzabob
06-06-2008, 12:08 PM
Nice looking equipment.

deere615
06-06-2008, 10:53 PM
Looking nice and clean

Lawn Enforcer
06-06-2008, 11:18 PM
Looks good! Nice 'Dane- the rig looks very nice.
Keep up the good work man!

Itzkcatz
06-06-2008, 11:21 PM
Are you a legit landscaping company?

farmboy1285
06-07-2008, 10:03 PM
Not yet I'm working on it though. To be honest both me and my brother had lawn business in high school and never really thought of going legit. In fact I never thought of it until I started coming here. I guess part of the problem is I don't now what exactly I need to be completely legit. I know insurance but I don't know if I need a license also. However I don't do and fertilizing or chemicals. I know shame on me shame on me not being legit but at least I'm learning some work ethic and I'm not another pot head teen running around. My goal is to be fully legal by the end of the year.

born2farm
06-08-2008, 11:45 AM
Nice looking equipment. Do you have a helper or are you solo?

How does that Toyota handle the trailer. My grandma has a 2003 4 runner 4x4 sport that I might buy off her to pull my stuff and maybe push some snow.

farmboy1285
06-16-2008, 01:05 AM
Nice looking equipment. Do you have a helper or are you solo?

How does that Toyota handle the trailer. My grandma has a 2003 4 runner 4x4 sport that I might buy off her to pull my stuff and maybe push some snow.

Yeah I work solo, sometimes if im behind I have a friend help me but 95% of the time I work alone. I like it better that way. My four runner is a 98 SR5 with the 3.4 v6 4x4 and 138k on it, Still runs like new with no major problems, it pulls like a mule and is good on gas. I bought mine for $8,000 from my parents which is more than blue book but I love it and it was worth it. I have heard of people using there four runners for snow plowing but I don't think ill every try it.

Itzkcatz
06-16-2008, 03:05 PM
It will only help you in the long run, Inless you want the irs knocking on your door.
Just need to go to an accountant and have them set you up

Petr51488
06-16-2008, 07:31 PM
I know shame on me shame on me not being legit but at least I'm learning some work ethic and I'm not another pot head teen running around.

God, i love it how everyone on here thinks that every teen either sits at home and plays playstation all day, or does drugs.

Anyways, to get legit, some states/counties require you have a license. You have to register your name with the state, with that you can get insurance. Then you pay taxes. Its quite simple. Then you can register your vehicles to your company and with that you need a corp code, and have commercial registration/plates.

farmboy1285
06-17-2008, 04:11 AM
God, i love it how everyone on here thinks that every teen either sits at home and plays playstation all day, or does drugs.

Anyways, to get legit, some states/counties require you have a license. You have to register your name with the state, with that you can get insurance. Then you pay taxes. Its quite simple. Then you can register your vehicles to your company and with that you need a corp code, and have commercial registration/plates.

I have many friends that there summer consists of sitting on there aces and playing games, those are also the same people whos parents bought them there cars, and are more than likely will be paying for college. Me on the other hand bought my own car and have saved for well over half of college. Im not trying to brag or say that Im better than someone but sometimes I get a little ticked when someone has everything handed to them. Ok now Im done with that rant.

My brother is a lawyer and his wife is a CPA so they are hopefully going to help me out. Problem is that they are so busy working and working on there house that it could be awhile before they have anytime to help me out, and I have no idea where to even start:dizzy:.

Thanks for looking.

All_Toro_4ME
06-17-2008, 09:52 AM
nice equipment farmboy. Do you have an edger? I didn't see one in the pics.

farmboy1285
06-17-2008, 12:59 PM
nice equipment farmboy. Do you have an edger? I didn't see one in the pics.

No I never really liked edgers I just turn my trimmer on its side and run it along the edge of the concrete, I think its easier and looks better. Im gonna take the camera out with me today so I will try and take some more pics.

farmboy1285
06-19-2008, 05:13 PM
The first two don't look to great because of the shade coming from the big trees.
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk178/farmboy1285/Picture0732.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk178/farmboy1285/Picture0742.jpg

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk178/farmboy1285/Picture0752.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk178/farmboy1285/Picture0762.jpg

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk178/farmboy1285/Picture0792.jpg

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk178/farmboy1285/Picture0772.jpg
The last four are all on pretty steep hills and are, shall I say interesting to mow:hammerhead:
Ill try to take a few more pics, if I can remember the camera:dizzy:

Kennygee
06-19-2008, 06:27 PM
Farmboy, Your Encore doesn't look to much like the Everride mower I got. Yours has ,from the looks anyway grease fittings on the belt spindles. Mine are aluminum, with sealed bearings. Any way it all looks REAL NICE. Thanks for the pics

zemzabob
06-19-2008, 07:40 PM
Nice pics but you should get an edger.

farmboy1285
06-19-2008, 08:38 PM
Farmboy, Your Encore doesn't look to much like the Everride mower I got. Yours has ,from the looks anyway grease fittings on the belt spindles. Mine are aluminum, with sealed bearings. Any way it all looks REAL NICE. Thanks for the pics

Both of mine were made around 98 and they have changed the design some sense then, I have never seen an everride up close but judging by the design and by other comments on LS I figured that the everrides were made by Encore or had the design of an Encore. By the way how do you like the Everride? Thanks for looking.

farmboy1285
06-19-2008, 08:48 PM
Nice pics but you should get an edger.

I always thought it looked the same to edge with a trimmer than to use an edger. Around here it seems like everyone just uses there trimmer, in fact it seems like none of the major companies run edgers. I will try and take some up close pics of my edging tomorrow. I have been looking to buy an old stihl trimmer with a solid steel shaft that I can put an edger on and maybe a chain saw attachment. We have an old stihl fs 80 trimmer that we use a chain saw head on and a brush cutter head on that I have been trying to convince my dad to let me use for my lawns for awhile but we use it to much as it is. Right now my only trimmer is a fs 110 R which has the ability to run attachments but I need it for trimming.

lawnpro2210
06-20-2008, 02:22 PM
sweeeet nice equipment

farmboy1285
06-20-2008, 04:21 PM
sweeeet nice equipment

Thanks alot

I took the camera out with me today but I need to go back out and don't have time to load the pics.

metro36
06-20-2008, 04:36 PM
In the pic of the loaded trailer. Do you have all 3 mowers on there or just the surfer and one walk behind?

farmboy1285
06-20-2008, 04:40 PM
In the pic of the loaded trailer. Do you have all 3 mowers on there or just the surfer and one walk behind?

Ya all three are on there. I have to hang the edge of the 48" encore off the side of the trailer about 4" so it will all fit. It is a tight squezze !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

metro36
06-20-2008, 08:12 PM
Ya all three are on there. I have to hang the edge of the 48" encore off the side of the trailer about 4" so it will all fit. It is a tight squezze !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That must be one heck of a tight sqeeze. Do you take a deep breath before loading those two? :laugh:

railman
06-27-2008, 06:41 AM
nice equipment set up and nice pics.

JAX76CJ
07-16-2008, 08:05 PM
Great Work so far! As far as getting "Legit"... You should get a Federal Tax ID Number (This is KEY!), because that is usually your "TAX EXEMPTION NUMBER" that you will use if you ever buy a product pertaining to the Business (i.e. Fert, Mulch, Topsoil, etc.).
Then get a Bank account. If not a seperate account.... I'd recommend a DBA (Doing Business As...) type of account. You can even go as far as to "Inc" or "LLC" your business.
You should get a copy of QuickBooks, this makes Invoicing, taxes, contracts, etc. alot eastier to deal with.
Then comes the Insurance. I recommend 2 Policies. One for your Vehicle, and one for the Company. The one for the Vehicle is self-explanitory, but the Commercial policy is tricky. Make sure that you get insured for Theft, as well as Liability. I'd recommend at least $1 Million in Liability. It's REALLY NOT that expensive. Then you need to check with the local municipalities that you serve and see if you need to be BONDED in that City. You can usually find this out at the local Building Dept. Some Municipalities require a fee to have a Permit to do work in the city. There is also a premium to pay to your insurance co. that you'll have to pay. No big deal, just let them draw the paperwork up and you're good to go.
There's much much more, but those are the first steps to take towards becoming "Legit".... BTW, PAY YOUR TAXES!"

STIHL GUY
07-22-2008, 11:21 PM
nice rig. good luck with your buisness in the future and keep up the good work

02DURAMAX
07-23-2008, 12:49 AM
Looks Good!!!!

South Florida Lawns
07-23-2008, 01:35 AM
I got a 4 runner too. Its an 86', I beat the piss outta her. I'm trying to fit 38 boggers under it$$$$$.:laugh:

Lawn Enforcer
07-23-2008, 09:52 AM
Once again, looks great! Nice stripes!

farmboy1285
07-28-2008, 03:30 AM
I got a 4 runner too. Its an 86', I beat the piss outta her. I'm trying to fit 38 boggers under it$$$$$.:laugh:

Sorry guys I have been gone for the last two weeks hiking in new mexico. :laugh::laugh: Theres a guy at my high school that has aabout a '95 four runner with some good size tires and wheels on it, plus about a 24" lift, its pretty funny to watch him climb in when it gets icy.

George Mason
08-02-2008, 03:17 PM
Farmboy, I commend your effort and work ethic and when people work hard good things usually happen and it appears you are in good shape thus far for that reason. With that said, I would encourage you to get your business in shape and go legit ASAP. I'll echo the sentiment that it really doesn't cost that much and if your brother is too busy ask your parents who their lawyer is or a friends parents, or just walk in. With college in the near future AND THE MONEY YOU HAVE SAVED FOR COLLEGE BEING THE MOST IMPORTANT, regardless of if you go or not you still have a good amount of cash saved in the bank and equity in your equipment and vehicle I'd make it a point to go ahead and get an LLC formed real quick. You are living dangerously my friend in this litigious world we live in. If you own and work under a LLC you are not liable with your personal savings and belongings BUT were you to get sued, I didn't say mess up or damage someone's property, just get sued for nothing, you are going to wish you had taken this relatively inexpensive and quick measure of protecting yourself and your business.

On that note, I think there is something to be said for the fact that this should/could help your business if you play your cards right and advertise with it. I also think you should stay on top of your game and when you decide where you are going off to college take your business with you. There, you may have the opportunity to expand if you can hook with the right guys, I wish I had of know about this industry when I went to school as I would have surely given it a shot or gotten on with an existing LCO. Just know ahead of time that you need your business to be official in order to take it to the level you seem to be headed towards. Just my opinion, good luck, and keep on doing what you are doing. I am a full time educator and I know what you mean about kids. You aren't the only one by any means but you are in the minority the way I see it.