PDA

View Full Version : RainBird Rc7Bi controller clock

redtails
06-06-2008, 04:17 PM
Clock stopped in Rc7Bi controller. Can manually turn dial, clicks over to start station (when fuse is in), and valves and heads work. But does not clock around to shut off. Fuse looks visually OK. Electricity went off for a few hours last week. Any ideas?

irritation
06-06-2008, 04:29 PM
You need a new timing motor. Very common problem and an easy fix.

Mike Leary
06-06-2008, 04:32 PM
Clock stopped in Rc7Bi controller. Can manually turn dial, clicks over to start station (when fuse is in), and valves and heads work. But does not clock around to shut off. Fuse looks visually OK. Electricity went off for a few hours last week. Any ideas?

That was a bullet-proof clock, easy to program, but dumb as a brick compared
to the newer solid-state versions. RB quit making them last year, so I doubt
parts are available anymore. At one time, we had thirty of them in service;
now?, none. All good things must end, change it out. Opinions will vary, but
I like the Weather-Matic SL & the Irritrol "Total Control".
If you can't stand change, there is a web site for non-factory repair, maybe someone will post.

irritation
06-06-2008, 04:34 PM
http://www.sprinklers4irrigation.com/en-us/dept_3314.html

redtails
06-06-2008, 04:44 PM
Thanks for the info. The description of the problem fit perfectly. Ordered the timing motor online this afternoon. About $40.

Waterit
06-06-2008, 07:33 PM
Thanks for the info. The description of the problem fit perfectly. Ordered the timing motor online this afternoon. About $40.

You were about halfway to solid-state bliss.

Mike Leary
06-06-2008, 07:35 PM
You were about halfway to solid-state bliss.

Yup.....:laugh:

FIMCO-MEISTER
06-08-2008, 06:07 AM

Easy repair. Take the whole panel off though and be careful separating the quick connect. Don't pull on the wires. Snip the old timing motor wires and resplice. Don't confuse the timing motor with the rapid advance motor though. I've seen that simple repair butchered.

Wet_Boots
06-08-2008, 07:16 AM
Given that only one of the motors has the shaft extension, you have to work extra hard to mistake one for the other. Not that I won't put it past the great unwashed.