PDA

View Full Version : Awkward encounters of the personal kind

Waterit
06-06-2008, 08:38 PM
Dish the dirt, guys. Everyone here must have stumbled on an embarrassing moment at a customer's house:o, been propositioned:p, or been caught peeing behind the fence.:waving:

Start shovelin'! Pics earn bonus points!:laugh:

irrig8r
06-06-2008, 09:02 PM
You know this is a publicly viewed forum, right?

Waterit
06-06-2008, 09:42 PM
Yes - was kidding about the pics. And only get as detailed as you feel comfortable with...

SprinklerGuy
06-06-2008, 11:18 PM
Hummmmmmmmm.....er.

Mark B
06-06-2008, 11:30 PM
That would be fun being propositioned by a HOT wife and a friend.. LOL.

retrodog
06-06-2008, 11:41 PM
We mow the Ghetto here, one of my guys was nowhere to be found while weedeating. I looked everywhere for him, even got the others to look too, thought he passed out or something. I saw him coming out of a front door of one of the hud houses, followed by the biggest black girl I have ever seen in person.....lol. His trimmer was by the front porch. To this day he won't admit doing anything, but he was gone a while, and kinda acts embarressed about it. We have to keep a sharp eye on him now when we are there....lol He doesn't have a car, and only gets out when he goes mowing with us...lol, so i don't doubt it at all.:o

Waterit
06-07-2008, 12:35 AM
OK, here's one of mine. Customer calls, wants to meet to discuss re-working backyard with new deck, plantings, etc. I get there before he gets home from work, his wife asks me in, offers me a cold drink. We chat for a few, then with her back to me says she just had implants done, whirls around and pulls her shirt up- "What do you think of these? Feel one, see if it feels real to you."

BK goes all red and flustered, mumbles excuse about forgetting notebook in truck and beats a hasty retreat.

She got me again a couple of years later - I come thru side gate to find her sunbathing au naturel on back deck...

CAPT Stream Rotar
06-07-2008, 03:56 AM
you all cant handle my stories

greenmonster304
06-07-2008, 08:23 AM
last summer i go to a call, the owner is only there on weekends so i just walk into the back yard. well it turns out his sister is staying over and she decided to go skinny dipping in the pool. i walk around back and she screams. she said could you turn around while i get out of the pool and she ran naked across the lawn while i stood there with my back turned. she was cool about it.

bobw
06-07-2008, 09:57 AM
A few years ago, while doing blow outs (early October), one of my customers called and asked if she could set up a definite time for me to show up as she wanted to pay cash instead of sending a check as she was going through a divorce. Not a real problem, just a bit of a hassle. I show up on the day/time agreed upon, its about 38F out... she meets me at the door and says she'll get the cash. I connect up the compressor and start opening up valves. I stand up and turn around and here she is with a handful of cash wearing a wicked weasel (look it up if you don't know)....

Shame I'm married and was on a busy schedule....lol

Waterit
06-07-2008, 10:10 AM
you all cant handle my stories

I bet you see some strange things on the Cape - movie stars, etc.

Try us - we're irrigators, not idiots!

Wet_Boots
06-07-2008, 10:23 AM
I bet you see some strange things on the Cape - movie stars, etc.

Try us - we're irrigators, not idiots!There's a difference? :p

Mike Leary
06-07-2008, 10:47 AM
My guys stopped by to check a site, the client & a friend were sunbathing topless,
they'd not seen the big ones before and as my client told me later, they were frozen
in a deer in headlights position until she said, "what are you pups looking at?"

EagleLandscape
06-07-2008, 11:31 AM
I was peeing on the side of a house the other week, and as I turn around I see the next door neighbor checking his mail as well as giving me a dirty look.

Wet_Boots
06-07-2008, 11:50 AM
You're supposed to fix leaks, not take them.

Waterit
06-07-2008, 11:58 AM
There's a difference? :p

According to my wife - NO!:laugh::laugh:

CAPT Stream Rotar
06-07-2008, 03:12 PM
You're supposed to fix leaks, not take them.

KA POW!!!!

ZING!

DanaMac
06-07-2008, 05:40 PM
I was peeing on the side of a house the other week, and as I turn around I see the next door neighbor checking his mail as well as giving me a dirty look.

And you talk about about professionalism? C'mon man. Never have I had to do that. But I did know a guy that would hop down in the window well and do it. I think he had been known for a #2 in the window well also :)

CAPT Stream Rotar
06-07-2008, 05:44 PM
And you talk about about professionalism? C'mon man. Never have I had to do that. But I did know a guy that would hop down in the window well and do it. I think he had been known for a #2 in the window well also :)

are you saying you never pissed in a bushes or shrubs?

DanaMac
06-07-2008, 05:46 PM
are you saying you never pissed in a bushes or shrubs?

that's what I'm sayin'. Never on a customers property or jobsite.

DanaMac
06-07-2008, 05:48 PM
hey at least do it in an empty gatorade bottle while in the truck and throw it out later. I've never done it, but know guys who have.

CAPT Stream Rotar
06-07-2008, 05:49 PM
hey at least do it in an empty gatorade bottle while in the truck and throw it out later. I've never done it, but know guys who have.

dude...come on..

We have all checked our 570's in the bushes now and then...If not you are a better man than I...

Once my old hoss almost got nailed pissing in the bushes.....

literally by seconds..

DanaMac
06-07-2008, 05:54 PM
dude...come on..

We have all checked our 570's in the bushes now and then...If not you are a better man than I...

I guess my bladder is bigger, better, stronger........

DanaMac
06-07-2008, 05:56 PM
We have all checked our 570's in the bushes now and then...

And by the way, out here they would call it checking an 1800....

570s? Sheesh... better leave a deuce on them while at it :laugh::laugh:

CAPT Stream Rotar
06-07-2008, 05:58 PM
And by the way, out here they would call it checking an 1800....

570s? Sheesh... better leave a deuce on them while at it :laugh::laugh:

OH LORDIE!!!!!!!!

dont you clown my love for the 570..its the only toro product thats worth a dam.

HokieAg07
06-07-2008, 09:32 PM
OH LORDIE!!!!!!!!

dont you clown my love for the 570..its the only toro product thats worth a dam.

Yeah they have great wiper seals :laugh:

FIMCO-MEISTER
06-08-2008, 04:05 AM
dude...come on..

Once my old hoss almost got nailed pissing in the bushes.....

literally by seconds..

One of the great things about RM remotes is that I pop on one or two zones that block off the area I'm trying to pee at. If the HO catches me they are going to have to walk through the system and get soaked doing it. I usually pee at my truck with the door just cocked wide enough to set a bucket in and act like I'm on my phone. Weak bladder these days. Henry pees in gatorade bottles and I'll see them in his van two or three weeks later still there. DON"T EVER DRINK ANOTHER MAN"S GATORADE.

Mike Leary
07-30-2008, 09:53 PM
[QUOTE=FIMCO-MEISTER;2362769 DON"T EVER DRINK ANOTHER MAN"S GATORADE.[/QUOTE

Out of a 6'' pit.

irrig8r
07-30-2008, 10:27 PM
Sounds like maybe you need a Stadium Pal (http://www.stadiumpal.com/index.html)

Probably doesn't look very good with shorts though...

And the perfect companion to the Beer Belly (http://www.thebeerbelly.com/?Click=1522)

Mike Leary
07-30-2008, 11:08 PM
doing blow outs (early October),

:::first of winterize posts::::
"Did we change the oil on the compressor after last season?"

Kiril
07-31-2008, 12:46 AM
:::first of winterize posts::::

OMG ...... KILL ME NOW

easycareacres
07-31-2008, 03:58 AM
had a friend of a friend that ate lots off peanuts, dam when he popped off he chipped paint of fences

jerryrwm
07-31-2008, 12:26 PM
In Austin a few years back - landscape construction crew reported a broken head (swore they didn't do it!). It was on the way home so stopped around 7:00pm. Knocked at the door to let owner know I was there. She answered the door wearing a towel..said it was kinda late for a service call. Told me the damaged head was around back and that she would meet me at the deck to show me where it was. I got to the deck and it is about 5' above the ground. She comes out - still wearing the towel. (I thought she might have at least stopped and grabbed a robe or something.) She showed me where the head was plus a whole lot more. She was a serious gym-rat hard body with an all over tan, but had a face that looked like 5 miles of Georgia dirt road. I replaced the head and went on home. Told the landscape foreman about it, and he said he thought I would enjoy that. Said she would get home while they were doing the landscaping and tell him that she was going to change into comfortable clothes so they could walk the site and check progress. And she would come back out in a little bikini! Said the work from the crew almost came to a standstill when she was out there. It was an interesting service call to say the least.

Kiril
07-31-2008, 12:31 PM
but had a face that looked like 5 miles of Georgia dirt road.

ROFLMAO :laugh::laugh:

AI Inc
07-31-2008, 12:31 PM
I was on a call one time with a longtime customer. While working outside she asked me if I knew anything about roofs. I said " I used to be a framer and did my share of roofs" she mentioned that she had a leak and if I could look at it when I was done with the sprinkler repair. I said sure . So when I was done she said " come into my bedroom , Ill show you where it is wet" My jaw hit the ground , my chubbie hit my chin and my eyes rolled like a cartoon carachter.

Kiril
07-31-2008, 12:38 PM
Don't stop there......

Waterit
07-31-2008, 12:40 PM
You know this is a publicly viewed forum, right?

Looks like it turned out to be a pretty funny, well-viewed and posted-to thread...

AI Inc
07-31-2008, 12:41 PM
Don't stop there......

The next spring my service guy was there to do a start up, she came out and said " the backflow is right there, come inside Ill show you my box"

Mike Leary
07-31-2008, 05:25 PM
I was at a new client's; kneeling down in the valve box, she kneeled down across from
me (extremely well endowed) and said, "do you know where the two controllers are?"

irrig8r
07-31-2008, 07:37 PM
I have two stories about UNPs (unexpected naked people) from when we were doing maintenance... one involves a couple of Scandinavian au pairs sunbathing topless in a client's back yard, one who worked for the family and one who worked for another client of ours up the street...

I had seen them while doing some pruning, but didn't tell my helper who was there with the blower and sort of in his own world, concentrating on his work...

When he got closer to them, lying on towels in the walkway by the pool, the only way forward to continue his work was to step over them... so he said excuse me and did... I watched laughing from the gate area a distance away as we were wrapping up and I just wanted to get on the road...

I have other stories too, from when I was doing maintenance and when I worked as a milkman in the 70's... but they're better told over a beer or two if someone wants to spring for a cold one...:drinkup:

Waterit
07-31-2008, 08:21 PM
I have other stories too, from when I was doing maintenance and when I worked as a milkman in the 70's... but they're better told over a beer or two if someone wants to spring for a cold one...:drinkup:

I'll buy, y'all come on down for this weekend's Pensacola Beach Bushwhacker Festival:

http://search.pensacolanewsjournal.com/sp?skin=&aff=1002&eventId=20436&startDate=&endDate=

CAPT Stream Rotar
07-31-2008, 10:21 PM
I got a real good one about this guy I used to work with..

He went into the house to turn the water off, had garage code or something..Anyway he takes 5 mins in the dudes Head....Well the dude came home as homeboy is dropping a trout in the mans throne...

He got up shut the door as the H/O walked by....took care of bizniss and did the blowout...

That one always made me crack up...

bicmudpuppy
07-31-2008, 11:42 PM
Not an irrigation story, but one that makes me chuckle and I enjoy telling.................

I had been working for an outfit, and it was such a quality experience that I swore I would never work green industry again (I got over that, as you all know). They shorted my Dec. 27th paycheck when the kids were little. I switched to working in a box factory making corrugated board. We made the board and cut and scored it into the basic size and it was processed beyond that in other parts of the plant. The most common process was the die cutting machines. The whole plant worked a rotating shift. First shift one week, second shift the next...........(a real pain in the ass, but the guys I worked with were great). Everyone had a counterpart that worked the other shift. Two of the guys working one of the die cutters had been at it off and on for about two weeks. The one guy comes in at shift change mid week in a real foul mood. He walks up to his counterpart he has been getting along so swimmingly with and shouts at the top of his lungs............................"Have you been ******* my wife". It was the quietest I had ever seen the place after that. The other guy turns pale and tries to assure the guy that the answer is "no". His response in a dead pan face was............

"Well, you ought to, she's much better than yours!" And the fight was on. The both got canned and we all got a laugh I will NEVER forget!

hosejockey2002
08-01-2008, 12:02 AM
"Well, you ought to, she's much better than yours!" And the fight was on. The both got canned and we all got a laugh I will NEVER forget!

ROTFLMAO!! And I just got a laugh I'll never forget...:laugh::laugh:

irrig8r
08-01-2008, 09:18 PM
I'll buy, y'all come on down for this weekend's Pensacola Beach Bushwhacker Festival:

http://search.pensacolanewsjournal.com/sp?skin=&aff=1002&eventId=20436&startDate=&endDate=

Sorry... it's a little out of my way. I kinda prefer blues festivals anyway...

Juan if by land
08-01-2008, 09:31 PM
I stand up and turn around and here she is with a handful of cash wearing a wicked weasel (look it up if you don't know)....

Shame I'm married and was on a busy schedule....lol

I googled "Wicked Weasel" and ended up here.

........Busted..........

....sorry Mom.

PSUturf
08-01-2008, 10:29 PM
One of my first golf course jobs involved night watering (a completely manual irrigation system for you younger folks). I was cruising up a hill on the first fairway at top speed in my Cushman. When I reached the crest of the hill, not more than 30 feet in front of me, was a middle age couple getting jiggy wit it on a blanket. I waved and went around them. After turning on the sprinklers at the other end of the fairway I saw them fully clothed walking toward their house.

AI Inc
08-18-2008, 07:33 AM
I stand up and turn around and here she is with a handful of cash wearing a wicked weasel (look it up if you don't know)....

Thanks for posting that. Like I could realy open it and not drop $200 on stuff for the wife.Well in reality she is going to wear it , but I guess its realy for me.

WalkGood
08-18-2008, 04:02 PM
. But I did know a guy that would hop down in the window well and do it. I think he had been known for a #2 in the window well also :)

Musta been quite a show to the homeowner, down in the basement getting some clothes out of the dryer!

txgrassguy
08-19-2008, 12:51 AM
The encounter I had wasn't awkward, just expensive - and it occurred at MY house.
Back in March of '06, after a three hour stand off, my ex-wife gets tasered out of my house by the local county sheriff deputies.
Aw, I was a wimp I know but after getting shot at three times before I told her if she did ti again I was calling the locals.
Apparently, when someone is tasered, the local EMS folks come out. They show up and comment on how nice the grounds look while totally ignoring my ex lying there gurgling, swearing and basically being a pain.
Well, the lead paramedic was a guy I knew at the time as my company took care of the EMS headquarters. So I see him, he's cool with the whole thing with my now ex lying there and after she is tucked in and off to the county lock up he calls me up for a beer or two.
We had a few laughs. Then about two months later the head EMS guy cancels my company's contract because he found what happened to be "distracting" to his crews.
Loosing the $395/month kind of sucked but the $300K in the divorce REALLY blew chunks.
Seems my now ex didn't like being tasered.
Such is life - but in a turn of good news my girlfriend is much better looking than my ex, doesn't like to shoot (although it doesn't bother her I do) and she prepares the deer cuts much better. Hey, you gotta like leggy tall blondes, I know I do:cool2:
This is a no b.s. true story.

Waterit
08-19-2008, 01:04 AM
You Texans certainly do live large!:)

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-19-2008, 08:01 AM
The encounter I had wasn't awkward, just expensive - and it occurred at MY house.
Back in March of '06, after a three hour stand off, my ex-wife gets tasered out of my house by the local county sheriff deputies.
Aw, I was a wimp I know but after getting shot at three times before I told her if she did ti again I was calling the locals.
Apparently, when someone is tasered, the local EMS folks come out. They show up and comment on how nice the grounds look while totally ignoring my ex lying there gurgling, swearing and basically being a pain.
Well, the lead paramedic was a guy I knew at the time as my company took care of the EMS headquarters. So I see him, he's cool with the whole thing with my now ex lying there and after she is tucked in and off to the county lock up he calls me up for a beer or two.
We had a few laughs. Then about two months later the head EMS guy cancels my company's contract because he found what happened to be "distracting" to his crews.
Loosing the $395/month kind of sucked but the $300K in the divorce REALLY blew chunks.
Such is life - but in a turn of good news my girlfriend is much better looking than my ex, doesn't like to shoot (although it doesn't bother her I do) and she prepares the deer cuts much better. Hey, you gotta like leggy tall blondes, I know I do:cool2:

YAWN happens everyday in TX. Seriously though I've been through a BAD divorce so I can empathize. Makes you think twice about ever getting married again. I know I've been thinking twice for 20 years now.

irrig8r
08-19-2008, 10:25 AM
You know when I read this I couldn't help it...

The one guy comes in at shift change mid week in a real foul mood. He walks up to his counterpart he has been getting along so swimmingly with and shouts at the top of his lungs............................"Have you been ******* my wife". It was the quietest I had ever seen the place after that. The other guy turns pale and tries to assure the guy that the answer is "no". His response in a dead pan face was............

"Well, you ought to, she's much better than yours!" And the fight was on.

And this one...

They brought to mind mental pictures of Reno 911...

http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/Previews/Reno-911-01.jpg

CAPT Stream Rotar
08-19-2008, 04:56 PM

I like the cut of your jib sailor, Why did they quit the contract?

JimLewis
08-20-2008, 02:45 AM

No kidding. That's what I was thinking.

Jwingfield, you were all over my ass in the other thread accusing me of unethical financial practices when you had no idea what you were talking about and playing it off like you are always 100% professional and here in this thread you're talking about how you pee in your clients bushes right in plain view of the neighbor???

Wow. You got some nerve, bro.

Dean of Green
08-20-2008, 10:04 AM

Jim, let's be totally accurate here. He was peeing on the side of a house not in the bushes. :laugh::laugh::laugh: It sounds even worse the way he said it.:hammerhead: