PDA

View Full Version : Duramax filler neck

bob
12-29-2001, 09:02 PM
Last month I bought an 02 2500HD CC LT, w/Duramax and Allison and lots of other goodies. To my surprise, it won't accept a truck stop nozzle. The nozzle and the fuel tank filler neck are the same size, so the nozzle won't go down far enough. I found a company that sells an after market re-fueling neck for $85. I wrote Chevrolet about this, but havn't heard back yet. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

thelawnguy
12-29-2001, 10:20 PM
Lol, sure they didnt inadvertently put in an unleaded reducer? If so they come right out with a stout screwdriver.

John DiMartino
12-30-2001, 01:55 AM
My friends duramax is the same way,they cant be filled at the truck stops,gotta go to the car section,what a dunb oversight on GM's part,build all that good stuiff then forget to make the filler neck big enough.I can fill me Dodge in about 50 seconds at the tuck stop,LOL.

bob
12-30-2001, 10:19 AM
The solution, http://www.transferflow.com/

John DiMartino
12-30-2001, 10:26 AM
I 'm sorry but those trucks are a few thousand more than Ford or Dodge,the solution shoulb be standard equipment,my freinds D-max LT excab was 41000 dollars,he shouldnt have put an aftermarket filler neck on that truck,to fill up at the truck stop