PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for Rotar

DanaMac
06-07-2008, 07:53 AM
This is a real suggestion :) From watching your video previously on building the manifold, I have one suggestion. Watching you twist the valves on by hand and really crank them down, made me cringe. Not for the valves or PVC, but for your wrists. Mine are absolutely killing me right now, and have been bad for a few years. They hurt even more when I do what you did in the video. Strength is diminished in my wrists/hands as well. Be careful, maybe use your channel locks, you can get them snug without over tightening.

My one useful tip for the year :rolleyes:

Wet_Boots
06-07-2008, 09:42 AM
I see a lawsuit coming - "Sprinklers made me limp-wristed!"

Waterit
06-07-2008, 09:48 AM
Mine are absolutely killing me right now, and have been bad for a few years. They hurt even more when I do what you did in the video. Strength is diminished in my wrists/hands as well.

Yup, getting more experienced ain't all it's cracked up to be - I spend a day on the trencher, I can hardly walk the following day.

I'm proud to say that at the ripe age of 51 I can still get down with the youngbloods - it just takes me a while longer to get back up!:weightlifter::laugh:

:help: I've knelt down and I can't get back up!

CAPT Stream Rotar
06-07-2008, 01:30 PM
10-4 good buddy..

Ill thank that in mind in the future....
This past week I haven't been using heat on the pipe.....

eh.....

Mike Leary
06-07-2008, 01:45 PM
I see a lawsuit coming - "Sprinklers made me limp-wristed!"

Being the visionary I am, I foresaw "limp wrist syndrome" years ago & invested in these:

www.ridgid.com/Tools/Aluminum-Pipe-Wrenches

DanaMac
06-07-2008, 05:45 PM
I also think it happens to poly installers more than PVC clowns. Having to manhandle the insert fittings and squeezing the clamp crimpers. I got out of irrigation fall of '96 and through '97 partially due to this. My joints hurt so bad and I would get the "claw" hand. '98 I got back into it doing only service. Figured that would help. It did help some, but the hands still hurt all the time, and wake up with some knuckles that stick. I literally have to open them with the other hand.

CAPT Stream Rotar
06-07-2008, 05:46 PM
i know i have carpel tunnel coming my way...its inevitable..

@ night for some strange reason I cut off the circulation of my hands via the wrist to sleep better...Not sure why..it's just a reflex...same with my father...

Mike Leary
06-07-2008, 05:49 PM
I literally have to open them with the other hand.

:::note to self..find out if Dana is left or right handed & sit opposite when
we have our meeting::::

DanaMac
06-07-2008, 05:50 PM
I used to be kind of an artist when younger. And also did arch. and mech. drawing all through high school. I can't use a pen or pencil for more than 5-10 minutes max anymore. Hand cramps up.

Pretty positive I have carpal.

DanaMac
06-07-2008, 05:52 PM
:::note to self..find out if Dana is left or right handed & sit opposite when
we have our meeting::::

All is good after an hour in the morning. Gotta stretch the wrists, fingers, and forearms every morning. It will be better after a couple weeks when my work load slows.

AI Inc
06-07-2008, 08:25 PM
[QUOTE=DanaMac;2362147] And I can't use a pen or pencil for more than 5-10 minutes max anymore. Hand cramps up.

QUOTE]

Im with ya on that one.

Waterit
06-07-2008, 08:26 PM
I can't use a pen or pencil for more than 5-10 minutes max anymore. Hand cramps up.

Same thing happens to me when I have to write checks:laugh:

FIMCO-MEISTER
06-08-2008, 04:59 AM
My retirement plan is based on suing the glue people for killing my sense of smell. Life's a crapshoot. Sit at a desk get fat with heart disease. Work with your body get joint problems. I'll take the joint problems. (Stay away from this WALKGOOD)

Wet_Boots
06-08-2008, 07:42 AM
"We'll be here all week - try the veal!"

DanaMac
06-08-2008, 08:28 AM
My retirement plan is based on suing the glue people for killing my sense of smell. Life's a crapshoot.

Shoulda gone poly...... I hear ya though. There are risks and consequences with any job.

WalkGood
06-08-2008, 10:39 AM
My retirement plan is based on suing the glue people for killing my sense of smell. Life's a crapshoot. Sit at a desk get fat with heart disease. Work with your body get joint problems. I'll take the joint problems. (Stay away from this WALKGOOD)

Who, me? :confused:

CAPT Stream Rotar
06-08-2008, 10:44 AM
OWNED!

aka

PWNT

FIMCO-MEISTER
06-08-2008, 11:34 AM
Who, me? :confused:

A-1 beat you to the word wit but the MODS deleted it.