PDA

View Full Version : One Krayzee Kajun 2008

KrayzKajun
06-07-2008, 07:26 PM
my equipment as of now!
only thing missing is my landscape trailer. its in the shop gettin a basket put on the front
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c164/KrayzKajun/DSC01463.jpg
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c164/KrayzKajun/DSC01452.jpg
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c164/KrayzKajun/DSC01455.jpg
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c164/KrayzKajun/DSC01457.jpg

93Chevy
06-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Nice looking truck.

farmerkev
06-07-2008, 09:14 PM
Very nice setup! What can you say about the John Deere? I was looking at a cheaper model JD, but was yours worth the price?

freshprince94
06-07-2008, 09:20 PM
Nice. Do I see Shindaiwa handhelds?

Sweet Tater
06-07-2008, 10:02 PM
Nice set up Kajun. but whats with the grass in the cracks of your drive.:nono: :laugh: git-r-dun

KrayzKajun
06-07-2008, 10:24 PM
Nice set up Kajun. but whats with the grass in the cracks of your drive.:nono: :laugh: git-r-dun

NOT MY DRIVEWAY!

tht is an empty house next door to me! i just use it for parking. people havent been back since hurricane katrina!

Mostly Echo handhelds

des1477
06-07-2008, 10:47 PM
nice setup . How many people work with you.

Lawn Enforcer
06-08-2008, 12:41 AM
looks good, and I will forever think you have one badass work truck!

DoetschOutdoor
06-08-2008, 01:19 PM
NOT MY DRIVEWAY!

tht is an empty house next door to me! i just use it for parking. people havent been back since hurricane katrina!

Mostly Echo handhelds

Dang, they just never came back? But they lined up the stuff like taking care of everything and that?

Everything looks good. I really like the trailer and truck. How many accounts are you up to now?

Supper Grassy
06-08-2008, 03:40 PM
Nice Looking Pics

S man
06-08-2008, 10:55 PM
Looking good Jacob! Does the mulch kit work good on the lazer z? I need to get one for mine. I'm throwing grass everywhere!!!

South Florida Lawns
06-08-2008, 11:21 PM
That truck is sooo sick. those are 20's right? Looks like you got a solid lineup of equipment. That lazer is the best cutting mower for Bermuda and St Augustine, in my opinion. Your solo right?

Travis E
06-08-2008, 11:50 PM
Your equipment is nice, but your truck is kick azz!

deere615
06-09-2008, 12:36 AM
Looks good, sweet truck

KrayzKajun
06-09-2008, 12:44 AM
Im Solo! im down to 20 good accounts. weeded out the PITAs. I would go fulltime but workin for the Fire Dept is too easy. On the days i work at the station i clean my equipment and invoices and stuff!\

thanks for the comments guys!

TheChiefsLawnCare
06-09-2008, 01:51 AM
Man, you need to get ride of those crappy echo's and get stihl.

KSgrassmaster
06-09-2008, 01:53 AM
nice equipment. Whats that blue ztr. Nice truck btw.:clapping:

S man
06-09-2008, 01:08 PM
Man, you need to get ride of those crappy echo's and get stihl.

Naw, get shindaiwa or redmax.

KrayzKajun
06-09-2008, 05:26 PM
I love my Echos!

TXNSLighting
06-09-2008, 09:07 PM
I guess you didnt get the ford?

lifetree
06-09-2008, 09:21 PM
Nice equipment ... you don't see any New Holland ZTR's around here, where I am !! Are they big down there ??

KrayzKajun
06-09-2008, 09:30 PM
Nice equipment ... you don't see any New Holland ZTR's around here, where I am !! Are they big down there ??

not really.

the new holland was my first ZTR. its a homeowner model. its got about 400 hours on it and runs like a champ. only thng i have ever replaced on it was the filters on the hydro pumps. i use it to knock down yards tht are stupid tall!

jason9696
06-09-2008, 10:47 PM
Nice pics...
Is that a John Deere JS 40? The one with the rotating casters in the front right?
What is your opinion of it, I have one, but I will reserve my opinions until I hear yours.

TheChiefsLawnCare
06-09-2008, 11:31 PM
Ahhhh, I HATED my echo weed eater. The blower I had was an echo residental model, but it got stolen and was replaced by a Stihl BR600, and its jus a beast. I didnt have any problems with the blower, just didnt have the power i was looking for, but I guess that was cause it was a residental model.

Big C
06-10-2008, 01:31 AM
Nice setup Jacob...good luck!!!

KrayzKajun
06-10-2008, 01:58 AM
Nice pics...
Is that a John Deere JS 40? The one with the rotating casters in the front right?
What is your opinion of it, I have one, but I will reserve my opinions until I hear yours.

the JS 40 is apiece of $h!T

biggest waste of money!

jason9696
06-10-2008, 07:54 AM

biggest waste of money!

Yut, that's what I was going to say. Seemed like a really cool idea, but damn what a piece that thing is. I almost want to trade it in and get a regular JD push mower. I know I would take a hit on it, but at this point I don't care.

zero_turn_freak
06-10-2008, 10:01 AM
in all honesty, your mowers are nice (some of them) but i dont like the truck / trailer setup, its the rims that are possibly losing you business....

KrayzKajun
06-10-2008, 02:22 PM
in all honesty, your mowers are nice (some of them) but i dont like the truck / trailer setup, its the rims that are possibly losing you business....

who said i was losing business?

I get call from people because they notice my truck. i dont even have to have my trailer and people know the name of my company by my truck!

They dont call mr Krayz Kajun for nuthin!

zero_turn_freak
06-10-2008, 02:39 PM
im just saying if i want a customer, i wouldnt hire you, but hey as long as you got business, whose complaining!

DoetschOutdoor
06-10-2008, 04:26 PM
If you wanted a customer, you wouldnt hire him? Thats what you said....in no way are the rims loosing you business. Some old folks that aint been out on the road lately may not like the bling of your rims but the majority would.

dcwservices
06-10-2008, 05:08 PM
If thats not the craziest thing I have ever heard!:hammerhead:

zero_turn_freak
06-10-2008, 05:42 PM
not sure how i managed that but i ment, **if i were a customer**

the truck is awesome and all, i just dont think it looks professional...thats all

TomberLawn
06-10-2008, 06:31 PM
Uh-oh, here we go with looking professional again. Let me ask you--which of these trucks looks more professional? Now, does it really matter? One is for an owner-operator who enjoys running his own business and calling the shots, the other is for a fleet manager who is only interested in how cheap he can get a truck on the road. Kajun drives his own truck and wants it to look nice. If he had a crew running around, he might have them in a F-150 XL V6 manual. I like good looking vehicles, especially when they are representing a business. Custom vehicles grab attention. When somebody looks up to see Kajun's truck and likes it, they also see his trailer with Krazy Kajun on it and it's memorable.

J&R Landscaping
06-10-2008, 06:37 PM
Tomber, where did you grab that pic? Off coopersburgs website. I'm like an hour and a 1/2 from there...lol

Truck looks awsome. Setup looks great!

S man
06-10-2008, 10:55 PM

biggest waste of money!

You should check out the toro/exmark commercials. The exmark has the easier handle bar. Just got mine.

TomberLawn
06-11-2008, 12:02 AM
Tomber, where did you grab that pic? Off coopersburgs website. I'm like an hour and a 1/2 from there...lol

Truck looks awsome. Setup looks great!

Thanks, I got the pics off of www.truckpaper.com. My grandfather owns a trucking company and I've always loved trucks.

KS_Grasscutter
06-11-2008, 12:13 AM
You should check out the toro/exmark commercials. The exmark has the easier handle bar. Just got mine.

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but what have you found with the exmark vs. toro? Does the exmark cut better, bag better? I guess send me a PM as to not further sidtrack things.

And K.K.'s truck is pretty badass. I'd hire him if I needed someone to mow.

KrayzKajun
06-11-2008, 01:09 AM

i really need a good 21 commercial that can bag!!!

TheChiefsLawnCare
06-11-2008, 01:14 AM

Dude, if you dont mind droppin 1100-1300, stick with toro or exmark. if you dont want to spend that much, but dont mind stoppin QUITE often, go with snapper. but the toro and exmark, they dont clog unless doing realllllllly thick long grass.

TheChiefsLawnCare
06-11-2008, 01:17 AM
i meant stoppin quite often to unclog the snapper cause it clogs easily.

SchultzLawnCare
06-11-2008, 01:26 AM
very nice set up.

South Florida Lawns
06-11-2008, 01:32 PM
There is no way anyone could lose business because of fancy wheels on a truck. Thats just stupid. They say down here that there are always haters and they can hate all they want. Yeah its not a commercial look but its a clean image that reflects his work and business.

farmerkev
06-11-2008, 11:40 PM

biggest waste of money!

What dont you like? Im looking at a JD30, any advice?

Lawn_Boy
06-12-2008, 01:13 AM
What dont you like? Im looking at a JD30, any advice?

Don't buy it. Self propelled cable breaks every so often and its a $20 part.

S man
06-12-2008, 02:23 AM
Not to hijack the thread or anything, but what have you found with the exmark vs. toro? Does the exmark cut better, bag better? I guess send me a PM as to not further sidtrack things.

I think they both cut about the same. I am just noticing a bit more mulched up grass than usual with the exmark. The controls are much better on the hands and back. Also the kawasaki does have the torque the honda doesn't have. I think it's the way to go. My dealer said he can put the kickers on for 5 a piece if I wanted to. Oh and the exmark does bag better. It has better airflow.

The toro/exmark can bag. But it is designed for mulching. I don't do much bagging and mulch most of the time so the exmark works great for me. The snapper is supposed to be the best bagger but I really don't care for snappers anymore. When I go to mulch a yard it looks like crap with any blade I try.

KrayzKajun
06-12-2008, 04:13 PM
thanks for the advice scott!

TheChiefsLawnCare
06-12-2008, 06:39 PM
I think they both cut about the same. I am just noticing a bit more mulched up grass than usual with the exmark. The controls are much better on the hands and back. Also the kawasaki does have the torque the honda doesn't have. I think it's the way to go. My dealer said he can put the kickers on for 5 a piece if I wanted to. Oh and the exmark does bag better. It has better airflow.

The toro/exmark can bag. But it is designed for mulching. I don't do much bagging and mulch most of the time so the exmark works great for me. The snapper is supposed to be the best bagger but I really don't care for snappers anymore. When I go to mulch a yard it looks like crap with any blade I try.

Becareful of what you said about Snapper. They are great baggers, but with the WORST setup. If you try to bag two week old grass, the hell with it, your gonna put the plug in and have to come back with the bagger because the Snapper clogs very easily. With the Toro, its a beast at bagging and guess what...it hardley clogs. Only proablem that I see with the Toro/Exmark is that when you take the bag off to unclog it cause you know it cant be full, you cant really get the bag back on without spilling the grass out the bag. but usually, the bag is already full enough for me so I just go empty it. I own both, and ever since I got the Toro, I never went back to the Snapper to bag or mulch, just discharge.

TheChiefsLawnCare
06-12-2008, 06:40 PM
Drop the extra 700 man, its worth the extra money.

S man
06-13-2008, 12:26 PM
Becareful of what you said about Snapper. They are great baggers, but with the WORST setup. If you try to bag two week old grass, the hell with it, your gonna put the plug in and have to come back with the bagger because the Snapper clogs very easily. With the Toro, its a beast at bagging and guess what...it hardley clogs. Only proablem that I see with the Toro/Exmark is that when you take the bag off to unclog it cause you know it cant be full, you cant really get the bag back on without spilling the grass out the bag. but usually, the bag is already full enough for me so I just go empty it. I own both, and ever since I got the Toro, I never went back to the Snapper to bag or mulch, just discharge.

Matthew, try taking the kickers off your toro like my exmark and it will bag even better.