PDA

View Full Version : My dog duke

AI Inc
06-08-2008, 01:47 PM
Heres Duke 8 yr old Lab/rottie cross. He,s a cool dude. I had to put his mother down the friday before the long weekend, broke my heart.

bblawncare
06-08-2008, 02:05 PM
My heart goes out to you-that is the hardest part of being a pet owner.:cry:

Dogs are so cool-I've got 5 dogs and I just love them (like them a lot better than most people)....just wish they'd learn to cook and help clean the house.:)

FIMCO-MEISTER
06-08-2008, 02:19 PM
Nice. Dog lover here as well. When people ask me why I don't have a girl friend or wife I tell them I've got two dogs, a TV, and a maid. Why would I want to screw that up?

DanaMac
06-08-2008, 02:27 PM
Walker on the left, Penne on the right

DanaMac
06-08-2008, 02:33 PM
Nice. Dog lover here as well. When people ask me why I don't have a girl friend or wife I tell them I've got two dogs, a TV, and a maid. Why would I want to screw that up?

It's kind of like making a bad hire. Rather not hire anyone than hire the wrong person. I'm very lucky with the right woman :)

I have been ignoring my pups lately as work has been what it is. Should be better now. Hopefully take them to Montana on or big trip.

Mike Leary
06-08-2008, 02:42 PM
I'm on dog # 4, it's sad we outlive them.

KCfireman
06-08-2008, 02:48 PM
i feel you. We put our lab down about a year ago but we filled in his position with these two young guns:)

KCfireman
06-08-2008, 02:50 PM
i feel you. We put our lab down about a year ago but we filled in his position with these two young guns:) Heres the link: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=233578

FIMCO-MEISTER
06-08-2008, 02:53 PM
Heres the link: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=233578

They look like a handful. Good looking dogs KC. From the same litter?

frumdig
06-08-2008, 10:06 PM
heres my dog Kodi, and then what she does when she is apparently deprived of attention for a few days.... happened last week... dont let the snow fool ya; i live in memphis... just happened to be a photo opp.

Waterit
06-08-2008, 10:29 PM
Guess the cage isn't very effective!:laugh:

AI Inc
06-09-2008, 05:40 AM
seperation anxiety?

FIMCO-MEISTER
06-09-2008, 06:15 AM
seperation anxiety?

I had a Basenji that suffered SA. Tore up beds, pillows, you name it. Around me you'd never suspect he had it in him. i wish I had a web cam back then just to see how the rage developed.

FIMCO-MEISTER
06-09-2008, 06:26 AM
heres my dog Kodi, and then what she does when she is apparently deprived of attention for a few days.... happened last week... dont let the snow fool ya; i live in memphis... just happened to be a photo opp.

Are his eyes different colors? Good looking dog. I'm guessing a year and a half old. Cages are tough. I hate putting my dogs in a cage when I'm gone or at night but that seems to be the current trend. Fortunately they've got the run of the backyard. I am trying for the rest of my life to have two dogs. One like Beau that I can be active with and one like Ty (rescued from the largest puppy mill seizure in Dallas County) lived his first 10 years in cage, didn't develop properly joint wise since he didn't get exercise and now has the best retirement home in the world. So many older dogs get abandoned. I call that my grey muzzle plan. Since I will be going through a lot of dogs the toughest part will not get sucked into those huge end of life vet bills. When there time comes the humane thing is just to put them down.

AI Inc
06-09-2008, 06:28 AM
Quite common for huskies, malumautes ect to have 2 different color eyes.

frumdig
06-09-2008, 07:06 AM
ya, shes about a year and a half old. part malamute, part husky... she has been really good since she got out of her puppy phase... this was the first incident ive had in awhile... i kennel her during the day while im at work, but usually if im just gonna be gone for a short bit i leave her out in my room... needless to say, its back to the cage whenever im not around...

AI Inc
06-09-2008, 07:07 AM
Frum , does your yard allow for run room , invisible fence? They work real good.

frumdig
06-09-2008, 07:10 AM
ya, ive got a decent size backyard... plus i have the dog door, so when im here she can easily go in and out... i just dont like to leave her out while im gone, because the fence is only a 4' chain link... im just afraid she will eventually try to get out... a taller fence is on the agenda at some point in time...

-Evan

AI Inc
06-09-2008, 07:13 AM
You can do a wireless dog fence for about $350 petsafe model # pif 300 . plug it in , put on a collar and about 1 day to train.

frumdig
06-09-2008, 07:19 AM
thats not a bad idea, and really i dont think she would try to get over the fence, im just a little nervous from all the stories ive heard about husky's... plus she likes to be able to play with all the neighbor dogs, so I dont really want to put up a solid wood fence... they just run up and down the fence line, and talk to each other... heheh... keeps her entertained...
-Evan

JohnnyRoyale
06-09-2008, 08:31 AM
I feel for all of you that have lost your friends. I too lost my two sheppards a few years ago, one died, the other we put down. One of the toughest things I had to go through. Non-pet owners dont get it, nor did I, till I had to go through it. I miss them alot and think about them daily.

Here's "The Fonz"-my house dog at 2 years. Looks intimidating and mean, but he's a big puppy and doesn't have an ounce of agression in him.

DanaMac
06-09-2008, 09:01 AM
Looks intimidating and mean, but he's a big puppy and doesn't have an ounce of agression in him.

You know, I find it's the smaller dogs that tend to be more vicious. The bigger ones are more intimidating, but the smaller ones are usually charging and barking and biting my shoes and pant legs. The big ones are bringing me a ball to throw or jumping around because they are excited. Same with mine. The smaller one is more aggressive. The bigger one is a softy, although he has been in 3 fights, all where he was the one attacked.

Bruiser
06-09-2008, 02:00 PM
My buddy Jasper.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g260/broussard_w/IMG_0132.jpg

FIMCO-MEISTER
06-21-2008, 09:31 PM
Fixing my Church sprinkler system is one place Beau can tag along. Not sure if he thinks he is helping or is mad at them.

Wet_Boots
06-21-2008, 09:36 PM
I always got a kick out of dogs 'attacking' the water stream from impact heads.

EagleLandscape
06-21-2008, 09:49 PM
I watch my neighbors dogs attack the sprinkler to their septic system every single day:-\...

If they only knew.

FIMCO-MEISTER
06-21-2008, 10:17 PM
I watch my neighbors dogs attack the sprinkler to their septic system every single day:-\...

If they only knew.

you up for that bike ride manana? We will definitely be going early. I'm putting a brisket on at 4am:)

coxlandscaping
06-21-2008, 10:55 PM
I had to put my Yellow Lab down about 2 years ago it's a hard thing to do. But we added this fellow to the family and he sure has brightened things up around here.

FIMCO-MEISTER
06-22-2008, 06:09 AM
I had to put my Yellow Lab down about 2 years ago it's a hard thing to do. But we added this fellow to the family and he sure has brightened things up around here.

Good looking pup.

CALandscapes
06-22-2008, 06:32 AM
He's some kind of cute..

CAPT Stream Rotar
06-22-2008, 06:36 AM
this thread rules

RELIABLELAWNMAN
06-28-2008, 12:28 AM
This is our family dog Lucky. She was rescued 4 yrs. ago as a pup and goes to work everyday with my wife and I. Our thiry-five pound cat has her in check though. Pets are great !!!!

bblawncare
06-28-2008, 04:58 AM
This is 4 of my 5 dogs:

AI Inc
06-28-2008, 06:49 AM
Barb the one alone on the left what is he? Looks kinda like a lab coonhound x

FIMCO-MEISTER
06-28-2008, 07:49 AM
This is 4 of my 5 dogs:

Couch potatoes. Gotta love em. A real mix there Barb. i can tell you have a big heart.

bblawncare
06-28-2008, 08:13 AM
Barb the one alone on the left what is he? Looks kinda like a lab coonhound x

That's Ryan Newman, he's a hound mix...that's all I know about him. I rescued him from a former neighbor 6 years ago who kept him chained up on a 6' cable for 1.5 years. He is just the best dog...all he wants to do is lay around.

All my dogs are rescues/found injured except my yellow lab mix (not pictured) which I got as a puppy. I just love all of them so much...I am kind of a loner and they provide just the right kind of company.:) I put a twin sized bed on legs at the end of my king size bed so there is enough room for everyone @ nite.

Dr.Hogan
02-24-2010, 05:10 PM
This is my two Bear and Feather!!! They are both gone now but were fantastic dogs!!! The reason I'm in the business.

DanaMac
02-24-2010, 05:13 PM
Wow. Way to dig up an old thread instead of invading a newer one. :)

nepatsfan
02-24-2010, 05:22 PM
My dog buttons. She is 8 months old and 26 lbs. Lab, dacshund, chow chow mix.