PDA

View Full Version : IRRiTROL PC-12 SETUP PROBLEMS....HELP.

WETSCAPE
06-08-2008, 04:08 PM
Hi all, I installed a Irritrol PC Control system on my sprinkler system, with the RS 1000 Wireless Rain Sensor.

I have been able to set up my watering schedule in the PC Control software, but the system seems to be in perpetual "Sensor Hold" mode (we haven't had rain since last Thursday), and so will not run the watering schedule when it's supposed to. I have turned off the wireless rain sensor receiver, and have also changed the setting in the PC Control software to indicate that I'm NOT using a rain sensor. When I update the change from the PC Control software to the handheld remote, the indicator on the software control panel shows "Auto On" for about two seconds, then immediately switches back to "Sensor Hold". I have also checked the wiring from the wireless receiver to the main controller, and all seems to be ok. However, even with the wireless rain sensor receiver off, the LED labeled "Sensor" on the main controller remains lit. It seems that the rain sensor just won't die. WTF??

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Mike Leary
06-08-2008, 04:20 PM
Un plug it, remove the battery (if it has one), let it rest for a while. While it's resting,
check the manual on how to remove "phantoms". Irritrol has a excellent service dept.,
call Sal tomorrow if it's not healed itself.

WETSCAPE
06-08-2008, 04:22 PM
Thanks!! At this point I will give it a shot. On the Contoller or Rain sensor

Mike Leary
06-08-2008, 04:33 PM
If the Rain Sensor is removed a "shunt" wire is usually needed between the terminals.

WETSCAPE
06-08-2008, 04:35 PM
Yes Jumper is not in because of rain sensor. Maybe I put one in to check for bad sensor?

Mike Leary
06-08-2008, 04:41 PM
Yes Jumper is not in because of rain sensor. Maybe I put one in to check for bad sensor?

Yup, put the shunt in, I know a contractor who installed the rain
sensor & left the shunt in...ka bang!

WETSCAPE
06-08-2008, 05:20 PM
Time to call Irritrol. In the Pc set up it will not let me get out of sensor hold (ratts). I can use the handheld controller until then. I need to question this software though.

Mike Leary
06-08-2008, 05:28 PM
Time to call Irritrol. In the Pc set up it will not let me get out of sensor hold (ratts). I can use the handheld controller until then. I need to question this software though.

I had thought software glitch, too. Have you deleted the first download &
re-booted? There is pilot error to be considered, but me thinks you've paid
attention. Let us know what happens.

WETSCAPE
06-08-2008, 06:16 PM
Been there done that.... Thanks Mike! The worst part is I just planted a few shrubs and a few trees. I have a customer who wants to use this PC-int pac as well. I figured I would try it at my own place first and see how I like it.
I will post up what I find out...

Mike Leary
06-08-2008, 06:20 PM
I'm interested in how these new systems work; they are cheap as hell compared to my
Rain Masters.

zman9119
06-09-2008, 10:29 AM
Reverse the brown and yellow wires if I remember correctly. The PC Control manual has a typo in it.

Try this, its been a long time since i installed one so i am trying to go off memory.

hoskm01
06-09-2008, 11:29 PM
Ive got many a PC control on the wall, with sensors, and never this problem. Great controller, software works, well, once youve got it going, but not perfected. Dont give up, they are great controllers for the pc oriented. Remote is invaluable, up to 1k ft.

WETSCAPE
06-10-2008, 03:42 PM
Not giving up. That would be to easy. The rep @ irritrol admitted they are still working out some bugs in the system. I installed this in my house first before my customers. I WILL not install in any customers house before I am 100% ALL the bugs are worked out. I hate those kinds of calls.
Thanks......

Mike Leary
06-10-2008, 04:09 PM
they are great controllers for the pc oriented.

Maybe Wetscape has a MAC.

WETSCAPE
06-10-2008, 04:11 PM
Ha ha ha.....