PDA

View Full Version : Bob-Cat ZTR

MWS LAWN
12-30-2001, 03:54 PM
I was just wondering if any of you guys operate a Bob-Cat ZTR. I was just on a site, and you can buy a 61" 25hp ZTR for 6,499.00 Thats about the best price I see on a ZTR with that cut and power. Do they perform well? Will they hold up under commercial use? I have never operated one before. I have heard a little about the ones with the catchers on the back. Not to good, say they have a habit of stopping up? I operate a JD Z-TRAK F-620 now for about 3 years. It has been very good for me, but it also cost alot more. Some where around 9,500 3 years ago. I also have a Lesco W/B, been a good machine also. It has about 1200 hrs on it, it's going into it's 6th season. Just looking for a new machine for next season.

AltaLawnCare
12-30-2001, 06:55 PM
Mike,

You may already know, but there is a search button on the top right side - you can search the 'archives'. I tried "Bob Cat"...
Search results for "Bob Cat" (http://lawnsite.com/search.php?action=showresults&searchid=54119&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending)

I also think there is a guy in our area that has a utility truck he pulls with and h has a diesel powered Bob Cat - I don't know who he is, maybe 'Personal Touch" out of Evington...

Also Millerbuilt has(had?) Toro 62" Zmaster 25hp for $6999.00

Maybe someone will see this with more current info on the Bob Cats. :cool:

General Grounds
12-30-2001, 09:50 PM
:blob3: MWS, i run 2 bobcat ztr, and love them to death, they both have 25hp kohlers, have had not one thing go wrong with them, 1 has 2800hrs, and the other 600. my maint, is pretty extensive so i think that has something to do w/ it. but they have been worry free, 6499.00 great $, where did you see that. Tony

MWS LAWN
12-30-2001, 10:14 PM
Tony I went back and looked at the site for the Bob-Cat I was wrong about the hp, it's a 23hp instead of a 25hp sorry. Still sounds like a good price. It's www. kimbersinc. com. Click on Bob-Cat.

awm
12-31-2001, 06:31 AM
last time i talked to chad dn at whitleys in monroe nc,he was switching to hustler as his primary line . or so it seemed.
he was offering some good deals on bob cats.
HIS WORDS. he says the bobcat is made pretty much the same as lazer. until recently it was his favorite. his qualifications are a long time in the buisiness,and a bigger inventory of z s than
ive seen anywhere else. later now

Turfdude
12-31-2001, 01:39 PM
BobCat is one of the most widely used ZTR's around here. Even our local Snapper dealer (top 5 in country) claims that the Bobcats are a better unit. This is why he sells more than one type. He offers Snapper, Scag, Exmark and Bobcat. Says Bobcat is best built and easiest to work on of these machines.