PDA

View Full Version : Red Max Blowers

NoDownTime
12-30-2001, 04:55 PM
Has anyone heard news of a more powerful Redmax blower being introduced in the spring.

bob
12-30-2001, 06:35 PM
Didn't they come out with the eb7000 just last year? It would seem kind of early for a new model.

65hoss
12-31-2001, 05:04 AM
I just got the eb7000 recently. Haven't heard of anything else. Its a great blower, but it SUCKS some fuel.

LAWNGODFATHER
12-31-2001, 08:07 AM
I've got an old 8hp billy goat push blower I can strap to your back.;)

Tony
01-01-2002, 12:13 AM
Yes, they are working on new Strato-Charged engines for their blowers like they now have on some of their trimmers. As for more powerful versions, I couldn't say. If you want a blower, I would not hesitate to buy one now. I personally like the old,earth polluting, smoking, bad, powerful blowers that the California Air Resources Board (CARB) don't like. All I can say is buy the powerhouses now while we still can. CARB is very hard on manufacturers of small hand held blowers,trimmers and chainsaws. Most manufacturers are making changes to comply with these new laws without losing power, but I'll tell you it's hard to do. If you can afford to buy an extra trimmer now that you've been wanting, then I suggest you do so. The new laws restrict manufacturers from building non EPA models after certain dates but that does not mean you will not be able to find older models from dealers who stock piled the old favorites. I believe the new cleaner engines will be fine but they are a little more tempermental because of the leaner fuel mixtures some companies have imposed. Look at the link below to find out more about Redmax's Strato-Charged engines. I applaud Redmax on this technology. http://www.redmax.com/products/stratocharged/strato2.asp
Tony