PDA

View Full Version : panoramicking

Mike M
06-09-2008, 12:31 AM
anyone got tips on panoramic pics? I don't have photoshop.

I suppose I take like three pics and fuse them together digitally. Not sure if I have software for this.

Maybe this would be easier if I just bought a wide angle lens?

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
06-09-2008, 02:03 AM
Canon packages a software app. called PhotoStitch with most of their Digicams. It works great! If you dont have something like that on your Digicam CDrom, then I would seek out and download Canon PhotoStitch.

Lite4
06-09-2008, 10:13 AM
Mike,
Here is some software you can get for it.
http://arcsoft.com/products/panoramamakerpro/

JoeyD
06-09-2008, 11:54 AM
I posted a link a while ago for the program we use to create the panoramics liek the one in my sig. I will post it agin when I find it.

Mike M
06-09-2008, 10:15 PM
Tim, looks effective and affordable. Do you use it?? I could use a program like that all the time. You just can't capture properties with just one shot.

Joey, post that program!

James, I'm looking to see if Aperature 2 for Mac can do this. If so, it's 200 bucks and can do a lot of other features, too.

But, I really like Joey's photo and I like the program Tim mentioned.

Lite4
06-10-2008, 03:38 AM
Mike,
This site if from the link Joey posted earlier. I have not purchased it yet, but I intend to. I need to put some panoramas together of some of my work.

JoeyD
06-10-2008, 10:10 AM
Tim was right. This is the program we are currently using.

http://arcsoft.com/products/panoramamakerpro/

Mike M
06-12-2008, 12:19 AM
Thanks guys!!

I just purchased it at Amazon, with ship came to like 60 something.

This is exactly what I need to capture the whole portrait and get cool professional shots. It's a cheap alternative to buying a nice wide angle lens, plus I think it's better.

I plan to do a panoramic postcard if I get a nice enough pic.

Chris J
06-12-2008, 01:46 AM
Mike,
I cordially invite you to come spend the weekend with me at my home in FL.... I'm getting the impression that you are some kind of mastermind genius lighting installer that has been playing us all for the last year or so. You have researched every aspect of an installation right down to the number of wires in a 12/2 conductor, and now you're buying photography software as if you had an endless supply of money to do all these things. I'm suspicious of you dude. I know we have met, had drinks and you wrecked my truck but I don't think I quite know you yet. Come down here man, and let me see who you are!!!
Are you......................... Batman? :laugh:

Mike M
06-13-2008, 07:10 PM
LOL.

Chris, I don't have much of an advertising budget, but I do have photography and marketing experience, so I'm just using my strengths.

Biz is slow here. I did, however, get a nice referral recently and the job came out very nice. I can't seem to get everything in the photo, so I'm hoping the $60 panoramic software will help--I can't afford photoshop. I'm thinking of scraping up money to do a panoramic mailer, on a small-scale solo-run for a few exclusive communities.

I've been dying in this heat. Cutting lawns to put bread and beans on the table.

I'm looking forward to taking you up on a backyard festival, I'll do some forward thinking and bring a dent puller and some bondo for the street parking area.

Chris J
06-13-2008, 10:44 PM
Well what are you waiting for? Come on down! Got two spare bedrooms for you to chose from.

Mike M
06-14-2008, 01:09 AM
Sounds awesome!! I'll PM for details.