PDA

View Full Version : New Walkbehind

DSLND
06-09-2008, 01:01 PM
Friday I traded my Toro Z for a Lesco. The lady gave me the WB and the difference in cash. I was getting ready to list the ZTR, and get a Stander, but this lady offered me cash right away, so I had to let it go (That machine made me a lot of money). The Lesco is a decent machine, I don't plan on owning it very long, only until I can make up my mind on what I want to do in terms of mower choices (debating about getting a 48" Stander, or getting a 36" WB, bigger trailer and keeping the Lesco).

Heres the specs:

200? Lesco WB
17hp Kawi
48" Floating Deck
Sulky/Grass Gobbler
350 Hours

Like I said, I didn't get this mower by choice, it just kind of fell into my hands, but its alright.

-Mitch-

TwistedSister
06-09-2008, 01:16 PM
That doesnt look like a floating deck but nice mower.

corey4671
06-09-2008, 01:19 PM
That doesnt look like a floating deck but nice mower.

same here. looks like a fixed deck to me Mitch but I could be wrong.

pj550v12
06-09-2008, 01:34 PM
I have almost the same mower, 52inch 19hp, thats a fixed deck sorry bud

Raven386
06-09-2008, 01:40 PM
make sure you keep that sulky greased, and thats an awesome mower! lots of luck with it!

KSgrassmaster
06-09-2008, 01:56 PM
nice mower. I would definelty go with the stander. I purchased 2 52" and ill never look back. They are the mowers choice.

DSLND
06-09-2008, 02:10 PM
Woops, guess i was wrong about the deck. Its incredibly easy to change the height, I cant imagine the simple procedure involved in changing the height on a floating.

-Mitch-

MarcSmith
06-09-2008, 02:18 PM
Woops, guess i was wrong about the deck. Its incredibly easy to change the height, I cant imagine the simple procedure involved in changing the height on a floating.

-Mitch-

actually when you remove the spaces on the front casters all you are doing is changing the deck pitch. on a non floating deck the proper way to change the height to is add spacers to the blades or to physically remove the deck from the power unit and raise or lower the entire assembly...

So why did you ditch the toro? The lesco mower will be great mower, and should give you quite a few years of use.

DSLND
06-09-2008, 02:40 PM
actually when you remove the spaces on the front casters all you are doing is changing the deck pitch. on a non floating deck the proper way to change the height to is add spacers to the blades or to physically remove the deck from the power unit and raise or lower the entire assembly...

So why did you ditch the toro? The lesco mower will be great mower, and should give you quite a few years of use.

Thats sort of what I figured.

The toro was approaching 800 hours and I wanted to be sure to get the maximum value out of it. That and the more yards I add, the more I need something that is compact, which is why Im going for a stander unt. The lesco will prob. be on the market either later this year if I go with a Wright, or early next year if I wait for the Toro stander.

-Mitch-

Supper Grassy
06-09-2008, 02:57 PM
Nice Mower how do you like the sulky

SNAPPER MAN
06-09-2008, 03:08 PM
Awsome mower. That is a very nice mower. Have fun with it.

metro36
06-09-2008, 04:09 PM
Same mower I have just bigger. I think you will like it. Mine has been great to me. And as far as height it is easy until you want to cut low. It is a pain in the a$$ to lower the deck from the back.

J&R Landscaping
06-09-2008, 10:34 PM
Thats a nice unit. Best of luck with it...It should serve you well! At least its not a belt drive mower...lol

zero_turn_freak
06-10-2008, 09:07 AM
If i were you, check out a Toro 40" WB w/ Floating Deck, i picked up mine brand new with trutrak for $4300 and i love it!, i have pics of it on here some where, just search my old posts

All_Toro_4ME
06-10-2008, 09:55 AM
^^^ hey zero turn, how do you like your toro 40"? I picked up a 36" T2 with the trutrak earlier this year. (march) I have pics on here somewhere as well. Im happy with mine, been great so far.

freshprince94
06-10-2008, 12:09 PM
Funky looking mower but as long as it gets the job done, its a hell of a lot better than my 21. I've never seen a Lesco in my area before. Mostly eXmark, Hustler, Toro, Wright in these parts.

I would recommend the Wright Stander over the Toro stand on, the Toro's gonna have all the kinks to work out the first year it's out. It won't be perfected until about the 3rd year they're out or so. eXmark is the perfect example, the 06 Tritons were ****, the 07 Tritons were mediocre, the 08 Tritons are good.

zero_turn_freak
06-10-2008, 01:41 PM
^^^ hey zero turn, how do you like your toro 40"? I picked up a 36" T2 with the trutrak earlier this year. (march) I have pics on here somewhere as well. Im happy with mine, been great so far.

i really love it, havent had an issue with it yet, best mower ive ever used in my opinin, gives a great cut in all conditions

deere615
06-10-2008, 10:02 PM
Nice mower Mitch

S man
06-10-2008, 10:11 PM
Why did you sell the z??? I had a fixed deck w/b when I started and had a used stander and didn't like either. The z is the best way to go. It is productive and comfortable. For big lawns the w/b and stander both got hard on the feet and hands. I got a lazer z 46" and am not looking back. Just my 2 cents. Good luck on your decision.

S man
06-10-2008, 10:14 PM
eXmark is the perfect example, the 06 Tritons were ****, the 07 Tritons were mediocre, the 08 Tritons are good.
I can agree with that. My 08 triton is awsome. I heard some guys around here say they were crap when they first came out. It had to do with the blade tip speed and the rpms. They lowered them for some reason but once they put everything back up thr problems went away.

KS_Grasscutter
06-10-2008, 10:29 PM
WHY DID YOU SELL THE Z? It was practically new! You went from a Z to a WB...wow, I just can't fathom the reasoning behind that. :dizzy::dizzy:

All these plans to reapidly switch mowers, its just like S-man, only with used stuff, and in a differnt state...

DSLND
06-10-2008, 10:42 PM
Why did you sell the z??? I had a fixed deck w/b when I started and had a used stander and didn't like either. The z is the best way to go. It is productive and comfortable. For big lawns the w/b and stander both got hard on the feet and hands. I got a lazer z 46" and am not looking back. Just my 2 cents. Good luck on your decision.

1. Z was approaching 900 hours, if it were to hit 1k hours, the value drastically drops (you wouldn't know that, you trade a mower off every week). I made a smart financial decision, I had only a small intention to sell the Z at the time, and this lady offered me a good mower for my operation, and the difference in cash. I sold the mower for a little less than my starting price was, but I still made off well. If I would have sold this mower outright, yeah I prob. could have gotten a little more for it, but then BAM, there goes my savings account, because I would then have to go get a new mower, and I would have gotten the Stander. This way, I have a mower, and some time to shop around, check other units out. Heck, maybe even wait for the Toro Stander (2009). Not purchase, sell, purchase, sell. This way I don't waste money buying equipment, then realizing I would rather have something else, and selling the machine a week later.

2. You HAD a fixed deck WB when you started... obviously its not still around, heck it was your first, and now your on what your... 5th, 6th?

3. The Z is the best way to go... HmMmMm, I've heard you bash eXmark, then buy one... obviously your opinion is as good as dirt.

4. Once again, the best way to go? Not for me, I do mainly small yards, while I do have a few properties over an acre, it still wasn't enough to keep the Z around. The WB is great so far, and my opinion could change, but it did great today on my route and all of last weekend, and it was used on smaller yards and bigger yards. The ZTR was fine on the big yards, but it just wasn't worth using on the small yards.

5. Hard for the hands and feet? Boo hoo, get over it. I stood on the mower for five hours Saturday, yeah, it was annoying at times, but honestly, I don't care. Do you wash your hands after every yard too? This isn't a beauty salon business, we're landscapers!

6. Not looking back! HAH! There were bets made on how long you will own the eXmark. I have never tried an eXmark, only Toro, but I hear that they are nice machines. But you said you were going to wait until you landed some big accounts before you bought the eXmark, and I never really heard much on new accounts, so this was proboably a WANT purchase, not a NEED purchase.

Eric, please read above. Thanks!

-Mitch-

BTW, before this gets out of hand, would a moderator please shut this thread.

KS_Grasscutter
06-10-2008, 10:46 PM
1. Z was approaching 900 hours, if it were to hit 1k hours, the value drastically drops (you wouldn't know that, you trade a mower off every week). I made a smart financial decision, I had only a small intention to sell the Z at the time, and this lady offered me a good mower for my operation, and the difference in cash. I sold the mower for a little less than my starting price was, but I still made off well. If I would have sold this mower outright, yeah I prob. could have gotten a little more for it, but then BAM, there goes my savings account, because I would then have to go get a new mower, and I would have gotten the Stander. This way, I have a mower, and some time to shop around, check other units out. Heck, maybe even wait for the Toro Stander (2009). Not purchase, sell, purchase, sell. This way I don't waste money buying equipment, then realizing I would rather have something else, and selling the machine a week later.

2. You HAD a fixed deck WB when you started... obviously its not still around, heck it was your first, and now your on what your... 5th, 6th?

3. The Z is the best way to go... HmMmMm, I've heard you bash eXmark, then buy one... obviously your opinion is as good as dirt.

4. Once again, the best way to go? Not for me, I do mainly small yards, while I do have a few properties over an acre, it still wasn't enough to keep the Z around. The WB is great so far, and my opinion could change, but it did great today on my route and all of last weekend, and it was used on smaller yards and bigger yards. The ZTR was fine on the big yards, but it just wasn't worth using on the small yards.

5. Hard for the hands and feet? Boo hoo, get over it. I stood on the mower for five hours Saturday, yeah, it was annoying at times, but honestly, I don't care. Do you wash your hands after every yard too? This isn't a beauty salon business, we're landscapers!

6. Not looking back! HAH! There were bets made on how long you will own the eXmark. I have never tried an eXmark, only Toro, but I hear that they are nice machines. But you said you were going to wait until you landed some big accounts before you bought the eXmark, and I never really heard much on new accounts, so this was proboably a WANT purchase, not a NEED purchase.

Please, feel free to someday realize your an idiot! And don't chime in on my threads. You are the type that makes me, and some of the other young landscapers look bad. I own everything I have, parents helped me out with the truck, but I still own the majority of it. Not daddy or mommy making payments.

Eric, please read above. Thanks!

-Mitch-

BTW, before this gets out of hand, would a moderator please shut this thread.

Dude, I lost a lot of respect for you with that reply. Yea, we all make fun of S-Man, but you may have went over the top. Thing is, S-Man and myself DO have more experience then you, and know what we are talking about. The pistol grips on WB's SUCK, use them long enough and your hands will get all kinds of messed up.

Michael J. Donovan
06-10-2008, 10:58 PM
no need to turn this thread into a "bash" fest so it is now closed