PDA

View Full Version : Truck and tractor load

LandersLawncare
06-10-2008, 12:15 AM
my ford f-250

farmerkev
06-10-2008, 12:18 AM
Nice Massey ya got there. Used to ride one of them with a haybine on the farm a lot.

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES
06-10-2008, 09:18 AM
i feel like the DOT lately. hey dude, time to reevaluate the chaining down of equipment. properly chaining down your stuff will at the very least save you a ticked from the DOT if not save yours or someone elses life.

wheels910
06-10-2008, 10:38 AM
yeah, probably wouldn't chain over the clutch/tranny housing. I know it's quick and easy, but go with the frame. Keep your tractor longer and keep stress off the middle.

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES
06-10-2008, 11:10 PM
not to mention, what keeps the load from shifting forward under hard breaking. if that thing slides during hard breaking, you will find a little extra push from Mr. Inertia.

nosparkplugs
06-11-2008, 12:48 AM
i feel like the DOT lately. hey dude, time to reevaluate the chaining down of equipment. properly chaining down your stuff will at the very least save you a ticked from the DOT if not save yours or someone elses life.

busted me too yesterday

cantoo
06-11-2008, 12:48 AM
Have a friend who buys and sells equipment get into a bad accident a couple of years ago. He was hauling two tractors on a fifth wheel trailer around 50 mph, a school bus in front of him decides to hit the flashers and stop real quick on the road to let kids off. He doesn't have enough room to stop and knows he can't pass incase a kid gets off so he hits the brakes real hard. The back chain breaks on the front tractor and it comes up over the goose and into the cab with him. Only thing that saved him was the front chain got tight and stopped it from going right over the cab. The bus driver let the kids off and drove away.

Petr51488
06-11-2008, 01:04 AM
Are those massey's worth any money? I have an old mower tractor. Its not as big as that, but maybe 1/2 it's size. I need to know before it gets scrapped.

South Florida Lawns
06-11-2008, 01:39 PM
yikes that does look like a bad load. I don't think that would even fly on a Florida road.