PDA

View Full Version : Clothing for Trimming

hardatworknc
06-09-2008, 11:44 PM
For all you guys out there that do the trimming in your company, what do you find is the best thing to wear? I am tired of taking rocks and mess to the arms without something there, I just worry that with the weather the way it is, wearing something long sleeve will kill me with the heat. Suggestions?

chrisvinky
06-10-2008, 12:35 AM
I wear shorts while I mow and put on a pair of chaps from W.E. Chaps to trim. It goes from right above the knee to over top of my shoes or boots. Made out of cordura I believe, so you can't really feel little rocks and such hitting you.

Jason Rose
06-10-2008, 12:44 AM
not sure why you are taking hits to the arms, thats the last places I ever get hit by anything while trimming. I take more rocks and crap to the face than my arms... My legs though, get beat to hell. I used to wear shorts al summer, and then had to deal with the constant itchy, bloody, bruised, itchy, burnt, shoes full of grass, ruined socks, spider bites, did i mention itchy? legs... I found out that I feel better more consitantly just weraring jeans.

MowHouston
06-10-2008, 01:14 AM
I just wear shorts and a t shirt and holler really loud when I get dinged in the face :)

coolluv
06-10-2008, 05:37 AM
I just picked up the lawn chaps at Gemplers.com. $35 plus shipping. They work great. I like to wear shorts in the summer and I got tired of the hits to the shins. I like them, easy on,takes about 30 seconds to put them on. I like these because they are open in the back. I just started using them and I'm glad I found them. I can't wear jeans in the summer, I get soaked to the skin and I can't take it. How some of you do it with jeans I'll never know.

Dave...

DaughtryLC
06-10-2008, 06:21 AM
I try to work my trimmer from L to R and it throws the grass away from me

bohiaa
06-10-2008, 08:18 AM
you need to wear protective colthing, do you know what will happen if you do get hurt.

good bye insurance....

Dont be dumb

SNAPPER MAN
06-10-2008, 12:00 PM
I always wear dickies work pants and a long sleeve button up shirt (uniform). Wearing this and you are pretty much protected. Believe it or not wearing long sleeves is cooler than wearing shorts and a tshirt, you also wont be exposing your skin to the damaging UV rays. Most guys in my area wear long sleeves and long pants when working, it just makes sense.

freshprince94
06-10-2008, 12:04 PM
I Always wear Dickies pants, and long sleeves. I wear eye protection and gloves when trimming as well.

wannabemowing
06-10-2008, 06:09 PM
I am a shorts and t-shirt guy, always have on a pair of sunglasses to protect the eyes, I guess I just suck up the pain of taking rocks to the legs, usualy after a few weeks of doing it I don't even notice the rocks and crap hitting my legs, the face is a different story though!!

bohiaa
06-10-2008, 07:23 PM
I am a shorts and t-shirt guy, always have on a pair of sunglasses to protect the eyes, I guess I just suck up the pain of taking rocks to the legs, usualy after a few weeks of doing it I don't even notice the rocks and crap hitting my legs, the face is a different story though!!

I hope you take this in a postive way,

Do some research and get back to me.....

THIS IS A REAL GOOD WAY YO LOOSE A LEG.........

If you dont know what I'm talking about, PLEASE research blood clot and then start protecting your self....

Thank you

PushingupDaisies
06-10-2008, 07:31 PM
I think this might do the trick. Looks comfy and very manueverable:laugh:

93Chevy
06-10-2008, 07:38 PM
I think this might do the trick. Looks comfy and very manueverable:laugh:

Hey, how'd you get a pic of my getup? lol:laugh::laugh:

DeepGreenLawn
06-10-2008, 07:44 PM
I am currently wearing jeans and a golf shirt, the jeans are what kill me, my legs feel like they are in a sauna. I do 95% chemicals so I don't want to go to shorts, what pants do you find are cooler but still look good (uniform)?

Lawn-Sharks
06-10-2008, 08:34 PM
camo colored g-string under my shorts......lol... just kidding i wear shorts all the time and yes i get pelted with all kind of little high speed implaments of death but i do enjoy the cool breezes i get from time to time around my neather reigons

DeepGreenLawn
06-10-2008, 08:39 PM
commando baby,

Yall do know that the string on weedeaters goes on way and if you go at the right angle all your projectiles will fly away from you.

wannabemowing
06-10-2008, 08:44 PM
Bohiaa I appreciate you trying to look out for me even though I have no idea who you are but if I choose to wear shorts then so be it. I know you mean well by your post, for some reason it just struck me wrong not sure why. You can also tell that too the MANY other people I see throughout the day who wear shorts while trimming.

ed2hess
06-10-2008, 09:54 PM
I always wear dickies work pants and a long sleeve button up shirt (uniform). Wearing this and you are pretty much protected. Believe it or not wearing long sleeves is cooler than wearing shorts and a tshirt, you also wont be exposing your skin to the damaging UV rays. Most guys in my area wear long sleeves and long pants when working, it just makes sense.

Can't image somebody running around with shorts and short sleeve shirts in hot weather can you? Like you I cover up every bit of skin I can...use cloth hanging down from hats to cover up neck.

dura to the max
06-10-2008, 10:02 PM
khaki pants (coolest in ga heat while protecting legs) and a t-shirt. workboots, and glasses too.

DeepGreenLawn
06-10-2008, 10:07 PM
dura, what department do you work for?

NOOB
06-10-2008, 11:36 PM
t-shirts with logos on it and dickie work pants
as well was Sweatpants cut off at the bottom just use the bottom turn it over so that elastic is above your knees goes down over socks and protects socks and pants from trimming

dgfitz
06-11-2008, 04:22 AM
For all you guys out there that do the trimming in your company, what do you find is the best thing to wear? I am tired of taking rocks and mess to the arms without something there, I just worry that with the weather the way it is, wearing something long sleeve will kill me with the heat. Suggestions?

Use a heavy brush guard on your trimmer, that will help a great
deal

F.S Lawn Care
06-11-2008, 10:46 PM
Whoever said anything about itchy legs when mowing in shorts hit it right on the nail! It sucks getting to bed and scratching at that crap all nightlong then it starts oozing ughh.

punt66
06-12-2008, 08:21 PM
Shorts and t shirt. I could never wear long pants and sleeves in the heat. My body couldnt take it without overheating. The occasional sand blasted leg is a small price to pay for a breeze.

STIHL GUY
06-27-2008, 10:51 PM
i always wear jeans work boots and a t shirt or hoodie and protective glasses and hearing protection. My arms never get hit but they do get covered with grass and dust especially when they start to sweat everyting sticks to them.

bare spot
06-27-2008, 11:11 PM
just picked up a few things today from one of the sponcers, w.e. chapps for this. not sure how good they are yet but bought some things in the past and they were made pretty good so maybe might want to check out (might find a deal in the sidewalk sale).