PDA

View Full Version : hunter ICC issue

frumdig
06-10-2008, 07:15 PM
i have a customer who is having a problem with his ICC clock, (i am not the original installer) its been on the wall for probably 5 years. just recently, he will go to adjust the run time, then put the clock back on RUN. well, it wont hold the new run time, it always defaults back to 1 min... hes a new client, and when he initially called, he just said clocks bad i need it replaced (plus he wants a few other things done) anyway, sounds like a bad clock to me... but i just figured ild ask around to see if it was a common issue... ive tried re-setting it, and he had allready tried leaving it unplugged for awhile... and neither of those worked... so... i have no problem doing as the customer wishes, but i would just like to know if anyone has run into this before...
-Evan

Mike Leary
06-10-2008, 07:26 PM
There are a lot of Hunter pros on this site, & they will help you be more confused than
you where when you posted. Me? Never hung a Hunter. Ed's Stream Rotor gets it.

BrandonV
06-10-2008, 08:27 PM
is it just one zone or all? anyways just replace the face plate, reset and viola!

londonrain
06-10-2008, 08:43 PM
I always make sure that the seasonal adjust is at 100% when I set run times...you are setting the run times under set station run times not the manual-single stations, correct?

BrandonV
06-10-2008, 08:51 PM
didn't think about that Good job LR

frumdig
06-10-2008, 08:57 PM
yes i was setting it under the station run times, the seasonal adjust is a good point... but i would think that no matter what you set the seasonal adjust at... the run time the clock has programed in should always be the same... the h/o seems to actually know what hes doing too. and really, all he said was, come by and install a new clock, because the one i have quit working... no description of the problem.... i thought, well maybe its a common wire or something... so i better at least look before grabbing a new clock etc. it will work fine if you set a manual run time... but the actuall program does not hold more than 1 min for all the zones... and i do remember seeing the seasonal adjust at 100% as well...
-Evan

Mike Leary
06-10-2008, 09:18 PM
.. no description of the problem..
Pilot and operator error..I don't use those clocks, but they're not that dumb.
Start over, blank the clock, you got "phantoms" somewhere.

frumdig
06-10-2008, 09:25 PM
well i did blank the clock... unplug from wall... wait, plug back in... hold reset button.... everything went back to factory settings... i dont know, when i go back to do the other work he re-quested ill fool with the clock a little more... as adamit as he is about installing a new clock, ild rather not replace it if i dont have to... that visit was more of a 'check the work out' see whats going on, and what he needed done...

TPendagast
06-10-2008, 10:59 PM
IF he wants a new clock give him a new clock, heck it's good easy work and it beats digging in the mud anyday. I'll trade you my head replacements for your new clocks and troubleshooting any day.

the ICC is a modular clock (and a pricey one) how many zones/modules are you running?

Is this reset to 1 minute only one one zone? I would try replacing the module of the faulty zone with one already in the clock and see if that 1 minute issue goes away.

I think the module would go bad first.

IF it was the clock, I dont think that would happen with only one zone.

Also if it happens with only one zone and you have more open ports, try moving that wire to another open slot and program that slot as if it were the orginal zone.

AI Inc
06-11-2008, 04:39 AM
Call me an azz if ya want, but if the gentleman wants to buy a clock, sell him a clock.

BrandonV
06-11-2008, 06:31 AM
sell him a faceplate, the rest of the clock is most likely ok, save yourself some work. the faceplate is the "brains" and might be a piece of memory went bad or something.